TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Canada's Wonderland has recently released some new conceptual art for Soaring Timbers and Muskoka Plunge, along with their logos.

Soaring Timbers:

SoaringTimbersppl_img.png

Photo Credit: Canada's Wonderland

SoaringTimbers_logo.png

16998187_10154527719073924_2900434154444787409_n.thumb.jpg.94a064206bebf4c635cbd2c2d24d30b4.jpg

Photo Credit: Canada's Wonderland via Facebook

Muskoka Plunge:

Muskokaplunge_img(2).png

muskokaplunge_logo.png

16998001_10154527721033924_2316711018671484684_n.jpg.7fba6fd47e87043acaa5ab1648dbabc4.jpg

Photo Credit: Canada's Wonderland via Facebook

Edited by Johnlloyd

Soaring Timbers looks so awesome.

Yes, it sure does. Although, I'm slightly disappointed how it appears that the "wooden look" as seen in the original conceptual art has been removed. Hopefully Soaring Timbers looks pleasantly appealing like the other rides at the park.

Original Soaring Timber Conceptual Art:

cw_2017capital_rotatorv4_no_button.jpg.2917dbfc32b5bf2368f661155f32ff37.jpg

Photo credit: Canada's Wonderland

You shouldn't be surprised John, as none of Wonderland's rides have ever really been 'themed'. Paint it brown and green and we can pretend it looks like a tree. xx

Do we know yet, where in the park this is going to be?

I was just hoping that this would be a start to some great theming. Although, I was quite impressed with the installations of Skyhawk and Flying Eagles last year. As for where Soaring Timbers might go, I've heard that it may be going where Pro Putt in International Festival is. Although, nothing has been confirmed yet. We'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: Upon further inspection of the recent conceptual art that was released, it does appear that Soaring Timbers does in fact have a wood grain look as the brown paint does not appear to be solid.

Canada's Wonderland has officially given us a hint as to where Soaring Timbers will be installed! It looks like the life of Pro Putt mini golf course has come to an end. I'm hoping they plant more trees in the area to really give Soaring Timbers that "soaring timbers" effect.

Soaring Timbers Teaser Photo:

17203050_10154551209048924_280218163825500835_n.jpg.a0f3dd384011d4db293af61d1d310b08.jpg Photo Credit: Canada's Wonderland via Facebook

It looks like it is pretty far away from the Mini-golf booth. Are we sure that the Mini-golf is leaving? If it is more over behind Shockwave, then perhaps it is Wonder Tour that is leaving or being re-routed. The entrance could be on the north side of The Fly. There would be space for a new plaza over there.

It looks like it is pretty far away from the Mini-golf booth. Are we sure that the Mini-golf is leaving? If it is more over behind Shockwave, then perhaps it is Wonder Tour that is leaving or being re-routed. The entrance could be on the north side of The Fly. There would be space for a new plaza over there.

Judging by the video above, and by the satellite imagery below, it appears that the Pro Putt Mimi Golf, along with the Pro Putt Mini Golf Both was removed. In the video, you can see the row of vending machines that sat alongside the booth, between the foot long hot dog booth. If the Pro Putt booth was still there, you wouldn't be able to see the vending machines. Also, a lot of tree removal had occurred. Also, the clearing definitely occurred where Pro Putt was located as Vortex is clearly seen in the background. So,I'm very positive that Soaring Timbers in being installed where Pro Putt was located. It may be hard for some that Pro Putt was removed but, it had a great 23 years of use, which was quite long for a mini golf course of its size and location.

471286408_CanadasWonderlandAerialImagery.thumb.jpg.e3c6fff8ae5628c41460efa0273996b9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Was the mountain ever painted recently? About 5 yrs ago I was there and the mountain looked very grimy and ditry.

Wonder Mountain does get quite grimy and dirty but, that is due to the weather and pollution. I'm not too sure if it was repainted recently but I do know that it does get repainted (in sections) and cleaned every so many years.

Anyone going to the seasons pass sneak preview night towards the end of the month?

I will be there for Season Pass Sneak Preview Night. If you would like to meet up, you can join me for an evening of fun at the park!

Anyone going to the seasons pass sneak preview night towards the end of the month?

I will be there for Season Pass Sneak Preview Night. If you would like to meet up, you can join me for an evening of fun at the park!

I would come but the GO Bus service doesn't start until opening day, and last time was a nightmare. It took us about 1 hour and 30 minutes to get there on the york region transit, but on the way back that bus wasn't running so we took almost 2 hours of local busses. And this year they have the bring a friend day on preview night so it would probably be pretty busy too...