TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^ Oh my, don't let the VF fans hear you say that lol!

I brought that up on the VF page a year ago when all the Ziz rumors were out. I mentioned that Flightdeck would fit nicely and that it would clear room for a Invert/Wing coaster at CW. They went crazy for a couple pages.

I just thought that I would announce a ridership number that the park released today!

As of the end of the 2016 season, Dragon Fire has the park's highest ridership at 40,737,787 riders! Dragon Fire (Formerly known as Dragon Fyre from 1981-1996) opened with the park on May 23rd, 1981. Congratulations Dragon Fire for providing safe rides throughout the past 35 years!

[attachment=0]Dragon Fire 2016.png[/attachment]

Does this surprise anyone else? I thought that behemoth or leviathan would easily beat out dragon fire in terms of raw ridership???

That does shock me. When I visited in October, Dragon Fire was sending out empty trains while Leviathan and Behemoth both had full trains. Dragon Fire does have a shorter ride time so it probably did send more laps though. I just question how many were full if the park wasn't crowded.

^/^^ You do realize that's ridership over the entire lifetime of the ride? Dragon Fire didn't give 40 million rides in one year.

Since it's about thirty years older than Behemoth/Leviathan, I don't find it surprising at all.

So if an RMC were to come to the park in the future, would you rather see a ground up woodie, or an I-Box conversion of MCM?

Imagine Minebuster with hill after hill of extreme RMC air, unlike hill after hill of no air during present time. That coaster would look beautiful converted. The lift hill is also very condusive to increased height.

^/^^ You do realize that's ridership over the entire lifetime of the ride? Dragon Fire didn't give 40 million rides in one year.

Since it's about thirty years older than Behemoth/Leviathan, I don't find it surprising at all.

That's correct, the ridership is not surprising. I thought everyone would have clued in on that by the way it was worded but, clearly not. Thanks for the clarification for the other members!

^^You have no idea how fast I'd rip out Flight Deck and Time Warp for a B&M. They're taking up a huge amount of room right next to eachother and they could easily be relocated to parks that don't know any better as new additions (Possibly Valleyfair for Flight Deck and MA for Time Warp).

Honestly, I'd still rather see Flight Deck scrapped than relocated. A scrapped SLC is a good SLC.

So i gues we won't see a rmc minebuster for now?

Randomly came across this on YouTube trying to find a coaster video. Saw the thumbnail of Leviathan and had to listen to a crappy song but it was filmed at Wonderland. Not the greatest thing in the world but put it on mute and enjoy :-P

https://youtu.be/Rb9_jNZdICc

Why do I feel like i just watched the newest robin sparkles video?

Hello?!

Aquatrax and full scale dippin dot's schmorgasborg!

It could happen.

Can't we celebrate the new flat ride, waterslide and new re-tracking of one of our original coasters cedar fair is investing in our park before speculating about stuff we have no knowledge or control of?

Hello?!

Aquatrax and full scale dippin dot's schmorgasborg!

It could happen.

Can't we celebrate the new flat ride, waterslide and new re-tracking of one of our original coasters cedar fair is investing in our park before speculating about stuff we have no knowledge or control of?

I appreciate the improvements and new additions Canada's Wonderland is adding for the 2017 season. We can't always have a new roller coaster. The time for a new roller coaster will eventually come.

^We have been hoping for a new roller coaster ever since skyrider was removed in 2014.

Keep your hopes up. Zizzzazzaazzzz will come eventually. Probably. Maybe. If you're lucky.

^We have been hoping for a new roller coaster ever since skyrider was removed in 2014.

Keep your hopes up. Zizzzazzaazzzz will come eventually. Probably. Maybe. If you're lucky.

Lets just hope that they really do go with a different name lol!