TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Wow we really got some nice flats at our park now. We have actually received pretty sizeable investments in the past couple years in these flats. We are becoming a much more well rounded park. Where is the flat going to go?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Yes, Canada's Wonderland does have an amazing collection of flat rides. Last years additions of Skyhawk and Flying Eagles were to be reported around $6 million in total. Based on the name, Soaring Timbers (Mondial Inferno) could possibly go in the White Water Canyon section of the park. But, it may be going elsewhere within the park. We'll just have to wait and see!

Wow we really got some nice flats at our park now. We have actually received pretty sizeable investments in the past couple years in these flats. We are becoming a much more well rounded park. Where is the flat going to go?

Yes, Canada's Wonderland does have an amazing collection of flat rides. Last years additions of Skyhawk and Flying Eagles were to be reported around $6 million in total. Based on the name, Soaring Timbers (Mondial Inferno) could possibly go in the White Water Canyon section of the park. But, it may be going elsewhere within the park. We'll just have to wait and see!

Smart move for CW to build these flats. About a 5th of a cost of a new coaster and it bring in almost the same amount of people

Shivering

Mystic

Soaring

It's official. "Timbers" is the new "Hawk."

But none of the new "Timbers" will live up to the original!

Ehh, I think Mystic Timbers looks better than Shivering Timbers was when I rode it last month.

NO! Get out! We don't need that kind of negativity and blasphemy in here!!

All Canada's Wonderland needs for a perfect flat ride lineup is an old fashioned Flyers for the people that know how to live.

I agree. But, I don't think they would get rid of their newly installed Flying Eagles for these even though the older flyers are better.

Shivering

Mystic

Soaring

It's official. "Timbers" is the new "Hawk."

But none of the new "Timbers" will live up to the original!

Ehh, I think Mystic Timbers looks better than Shivering Timbers was when I rode it last month.

yo.jpg.c342f1455527e3ccabe6a405a241cf40.jpg

I feel like I'm going to get some backlash on this, but I'm not that excited for Soaring Timbers. It seems like it will ride strikingly similar to Shockwave. A taller, better capacity Shockwave. I know beggers cant be choosey, and I certainly was only expecting a water park expansion so this IS better than nothing, I just feel it wont add that much to the park based on what we already have. If anyone thinks otherwise please explain why, I want to be hyped for this thing!

I feel like I'm going to get some backlash on this, but I'm not that excited for Soaring Timbers. It seems like it will ride strikingly similar to Shockwave. A taller, better capacity Shockwave. I know beggers cant be choosey, and I certainly was only expecting a water park expansion so this IS better than nothing, I just feel it wont add that much to the park based on what we already have. If anyone thinks otherwise please explain why, I want to be hyped for this thing!

Please don't kill me for this comment, but what if they're removing Shockwave, relocating it to Carowinds, and putting this in its place?

Please don't kill me for this comment, but what if they're removing Shockwave, relocating it to Carowinds, and putting this in its place?

I doubt it, they would've announced it's departure by now if it was leaving. Think about when they announced Skyrider's closure.

^ I personally hope that they don't as I really enjoyed Sledgehammer.

Granted it has a lot of downtime and could maybe run a lengthier cycle, but I think it is fun in it's own right. To take it out would be removing one of the better flats (and certainly the most unique) in the park.

I hope they pull out sledge hammer and put this in its place. Just glad to see the ride doesnt have big hydraulics.

Anyone know what the ride capacity per hour is like?

^ I personally hope that they don't as I really enjoyed Sledgehammer.

Granted it has a lot of downtime and could maybe run a lengthier cycle, but I think it is fun in it's own right. To take it out would be removing one of the better flats (and certainly the most unique) in the park.

According to Dave Phillips, Canada's Wonderland's Vice President of Marketing and Sales, he says that no ride is being removed from the park to make way for Soaring Timbers. Here's a link to his response to a user on Twitter who commented on his post about the new additions for 2017.

^ I think it'll look and move different enough that people won't care. Samurai at CWoA on it's installation year was my first ever big flat ride and because it kind of reminds me of a topscan, I've always wanted to try a mondial inferno after seeing it on youtube. I think this and plane on a stick may be the only 2 flats on my bucket list.

Edited by Garet

Strange they would add that Air wolf . It seems similar to a Topscan.

Strange you would post that, it seems similar to behemoth/leviathan posts.

I think this is a solid addition to the park, the waterpark needs less outdated slides and the "airwolf" is an amaizing suprise. I'm not to sure on how reliable this ride would be in a park, from what I can remember from the traveling version is that it was down a lot.