TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

In regards to Soaring Timbers, will this be the first park installation of this type of ride? I have only seen it featured on German fairgrounds.

I mean, isn't this only the second installation of a Mondial Inferno at all? The only other example of this ride I've ever known of is the traveling Airwolf. I've heard it's one of the craziest flat rides ever designed.

EDIT: On-ride video:

So, is the slide tower going in Skyriders spot? Just curious. And why does Canada get all the cool flats? Are they afraid to bring them to America? And lastly. 2017 is looking very B&Mless, unless Six Flags adds one...Which is unlikely.

This site is way to B&M happy. There are some other very good and unique coaster manufactures out there

Why does cw need so many water and flat rides?

Well there waterpark is thin, and CW has an amazing flat ride collection that continues to get better every year. A lot of the coasters at CW are low capacity so having an extremely solid flat collection helps spread the love

Yeah, I'm not B&M happy, I was just making an observation that Cedar Fair was breaking the trend. I got no problems with there being no new B&M's in 2017 in North America. I also would love to see other coaster manufacturers come and build more in America. But it's looking like 2017 will be a very GCI and S&S kind of year.

Edited by The Geek Mojo

^Honestly, here in the states, 2017 is proving to be just a "down" year in general for new coaster additions everywhere (besides the S&S Free Fly's, I guess). Considering 2016 was such an EPIC year for new coasters around the world, and even a bunch here in the States, I'm not really too surprised, however.

I can finally breathe. So happy CW didn't end up like KD this year. Too Soon? Jokes aside tho, so happy about the Soaring Timbers ride. I love a good flat ride, gives me that CNE feeling a lot. Plus the new water park additions is a good fit, another excuse for me to hit the gym for next summer.

Anyways, it's weird that CF only added one coaster this year, and it isn't a B&M. Makes you think why they spent so little this year. Looks like 2018 is our new coaster year......hopefully.

I can finally breathe. So happy CW didn't end up like KD this year. Too Soon? Jokes aside tho, so happy about the Soaring Timbers ride. I love a good flat ride, gives me that CNE feeling a lot. Plus the new water park additions is a good fit, another excuse for me to hit the gym for next summer.

Anyways, it's weird that CF only added one coaster this year, and it isn't a B&M. Makes you think why they spent so little this year. Looks like 2018 is our new coaster year......hopefully.

This is why I don't think cedar fair is done with announcements. I think we are still going to see RMC announcements for CP and KD.

However I am so stoked for these additions at CW!! This makes me want to visit so bad. I love how they keep adding really unique and awesome flat rides!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all the outside the park additions to Cedar Point, they probably spent more. Which is why no B&M this year.

im guessing on 9-1 6flags will announce at least 1 rmc and 1 free fly. Hopefully a premier as well

Which coaster do you see SF RMC'ing? I also think we'll see multiple Free Fly's, probably at least two, if not three.

Im going to get some backlash but SFA could really use it

While neither of the additions are my cup of tea, I agree with others that it is cool to see a park expand on the flat rides. And water park additions are relatively cheap and popular so you can't go wrong there.

Just like Riptide, Soaring Timbers will be one of those rides where we'll just grab a beer and sit and watch the ride and reactions of the riders!

Also, someone has clearly been screwing around with the Cedar Fair name generator. It went from "noun that probably doubles as a type of Pokemon (even though I know nothing about Pokemon so who the hell knows)"-hawk to "adjective selected by flipping to a random page of a Harry Potter book and pointing at something with a blindfold on"-Timbers.

In regards to Soaring Timbers, will this be the first park installation of this type of ride? I have only seen it featured on German fairgrounds.

I mean, isn't this only the second installation of a Mondial Inferno at all? The only other example of this ride I've ever known of is the traveling Airwolf. I've heard it's one of the craziest flat rides ever designed.

Well, according to the German wikipedia site there has been three made as far as I can tell.

Die drei reisenden Exemplare unterschieden sich in ihrer Aufmachung deutlich.

Google Translate:

The three traveling specimens differed significantly in their appearance.

And I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a Chinese knock-off or two....

Edit: There is also an inverted version called Diablo.

http://mondialrides.com/rides/transportable/diablo

Serious question tho..... where are they going to put it in the park? I know they will put the slide where we saw land cleared by Minebuster. Personally, I don't think Soaring Timbers is going to go where Skyrider was. That should be used for 2018 if they were to actually add that wingrider or invert.

Serious question tho..... where are they going to put it in the park? I know they will put the slide where we saw land cleared by Minebuster. Personally, I don't think Soaring Timbers is going to go where Skyrider was. That should be used for 2018 if they were to actually add that wingrider or invert.

My guess is that they'll be adding Soaring Timbers to the White Water Canyon section of the park given it's name. But, they may place it elsewhere within the park. We'll just have to wait and see!

EDIT: On-ride video:

Really? Crazier than shockwave? Seems like this one doesn't look as intense.