TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^Looks like it will be a crowded day at the park today. Wonder if they will be doing fireworks again.

If you haven't heard yet, Canada's Wonderland is holding Canada Day Celebrations all weekend long!

The weekend of festivities includes Craz-E-Crew Xtreme Wheels stunt show in International Showplace, an amazing Fireworks display on Canada Day (July 1st) at 10pm, and the Bacon Festival which will be held on July 1st and 2nd in Action Zone. In addition to all that, any Canadian Arm Forces Members and Veterans who come to the park this weekend (with valid military ID) will receive complimentary admission to the park, along with the ability to purchase discounted tickets for their immediate family. Also, if visitors show up at the park wearing red this weekend, they will be able to participate in the Show Your Spirit contest where they can be randomly picked throughout the park and be awarded prizes such as front of the line passes, free funnel cakes, and much more!

CADday_icon.jpg

Photo Credit: Canada's Wonderland

So, this weekend is definitely the weekend to come and check out the park if you haven't done so already as there will be so much to do! For more details of the events occurring this Canada Day Weekend at Canada's Wonderland, click here.

Also, in other event news, Canada's Wonderland will be holding their first KidZFest all next week starting on Monday, July 4th and ending on Sunday, July 10th. KidZFest is a special celebration just for kids! There will be live street performers, live shows, and interactive play areas all throughout KidZville for the entire week! So, if you got young children, this is definitely something they would be interested in participating in!

Kidzfest_SM.jpg

Photo Credit: Canada's Wonderland

In live entertainment news, The Stars of the Peking Acrobats show in Wonderland Theatre is still delayed. The show was originally scheduled to run from June 25th until Labour Day.

For more information on current and upcoming shows and events, be sure to check out Canada's Wonderland's website for more details!

My big brother tried to put on the VR glasses, for Thunder Run, over his own glasses. Forget it! If you wear glasses, forget about wearing them on VR Thunder Run. My brother asked the operator if he could try the VR glasses on, to see if he could focus them, before actually getting on the ride and not being able to focus them in time before the ride started. The operator said you only have a limited amount of time to focus the VR glasses before the ride starts. My brother won't be trying it until maybe he gets contact lenses or something like that. Does anyone else wear glasses with a strong prescription. Is there enough time to focus the VR glasses before the ride starts?

POST 69! xx

I haven't tried the VR part of the ride myself so I'm not sure what type of headset they're using or how long they give you, but I've used a couple different headsets before and had to take off my glasses (fairly strong prescription) but they usually have a dial somewhere for focus which is pretty quick & easy to adjust and the image has been fine.

Was I one of the only ones who enjoyed Skyrider?.... I understand why it had to go, and ask any have said, I was surprised they even managed to sell the ride (according to park employees I've talked to, the ride had"reached the end of its lifespan").

However, I really wish it could've stayed... It was one of the only rides I've been on that had true ejector airtime.

Agreed. Probably the first ejector airtime I ever went on.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Congrats on your first post Felix! The headsets are an iPhone attached to a few straps that stretch over your head. Not very elaborate. My bro just wishes he could see what it looks like, with it on his head, before actually getting on the ride.

Congrats on your first post Felix! The headsets are an iPhone attached to a few straps that stretch over your head. Not very elaborate. My bro just wishes he could see what it looks like, with it on his head, before actually getting on the ride.

Its actually not an iphone, its a samsung phone with the "samsug gear" thing. They should really demo it at the "VR Coaster" booth so you can try it. Anyways, the line is very small for the VR thing and if it didn't fit, the line would still be much smaller than the real lime, and would set you back at most 10-15 minutes total.

My brother knows it fits, that's not the problem. The problem is this, is there enough time to focus the screen to your eye prescription, before the train leaves the station, so that you are not going around with a blurry screen? No one seems to be able to tell us that.

Hey all! Few questions for anyone that can help as I will be making my first ever trip to CW this weekend. Planning on spending the evening of Saturday and most of Sunday in the park. I don't wanna be that person but are July Sunday crowds manageable? Also fastlane plus is $67 online, whats the usual in park price and is there a in park discount for platinum pass holders? Thanks!

Wolfbobs, hope for a little overcast, and you'll be fine. The later you stay, the less crowds there are. Most of the teenagers go home for dinner and then come back later in the evening. I have a season pass, so I have never bought a Wonderland Fast pass, however, if on Sunday morning, the weather is great and there are big line-ups at front gate, then a Fast pass might be the best option for you. On a busy day, it is very difficult to go on every ride at Wonderland, just not a lot of high capacity rides and coasters.

Next up on the cutting board should be Time Warp

I doubt it would be going anywhere.....it is still actually one of the "newer" coasters in the park if we are talking last 10 years.

Also...it hardly takes up much of a land footprint..so even if it was removed....I doubt there would be room to put in the launched giga invert RMC with flyer and winged elements that some of the fans would like.

Even though it's one of the newer coasters, it's rough and unliked by many. Also to address the small footprint, they could remove Flight Deck as well (another ride that is rough and unliked by many) that is nearby. Together, they would free up a lot of land if they were taken down.

These rides are perfect for smaller parks. If SkyRider sold, these will sell no problem.

I also really miss SkyRider. It was so much fun had the best ejector airtime in the park, which was even crazier standing up. We're missing a really good sit down steel looping/ inverting coaster, launched or not. I keep wishing for a world class looping/ inverting Intamin coaster like Taron or Maverick to really round out Wonderland. Even Premier and Gerstlauer build some great stuff (Karnan at Hansa Park looks amazing). I'd even take a third hyper coaster if it was a clone of Superman, Goliath or Expedition Ge-Force to show Canadians what an awesome hyper is really like. Only thing is Behemoth's queue would keep shrinking if that happens . I just hope we're done with B&M coasters for a while, with the exception of inverts since they honestly build the best in that category.

Next up on the cutting board should be Time Warp

I doubt it would be going anywhere.....it is still actually one of the "newer" coasters in the park if we are talking last 10 years.

Also...it hardly takes up much of a land footprint..so even if it was removed....I doubt there would be room to put in the launched giga invert RMC with flyer and winged elements that some of the fans would like.

Even though it's one of the newer coasters, it's rough and unliked by many. Also to address the small footprint, they could remove Flight Deck as well (another ride that is rough and unliked by many) that is nearby. Together, they would free up a lot of land if they were taken down.

These rides are perfect for smaller parks. If SkyRider sold, these will sell no problem.

I also really miss SkyRider. It was so much fun had the best ejector airtime in the park, which was even crazier standing up. We're missing a really good sit down steel looping/ inverting coaster, launched or not. I keep wishing for a world class looping/ inverting Intamin coaster like Taron or Maverick to really round out Wonderland. Even Premier and Gerstlauer build some great stuff (Karnan at Hansa Park looks amazing). I'd even take a third hyper coaster if it was a clone of Superman, Goliath or Expedition Ge-Force to show Canadians what an awesome hyper is really like. Only thing is Behemoth's queue would keep shrinking if that happens . I just hope we're done with B&M coasters for a while, with the exception of inverts since they honestly build the best in that category.

Yes I'd rather have an intamin blitz rather than a B&M wing rider. We already have an invert so I doubt they would install a new one and remove yet another coaster.

^Which means you rather wait in long lines.

If it's a kick A$$ ride, I'm pretty sure enthusiasts would be fine with long lines.

Not just enthusiasts but also the GP. The GP will wait 2 hours plus 45 minutes for the front row of top thrill dragster, and there is clearly a reason for that.

I was wondering if anyone is going to the park tomorrow (Wednesday, July 13) and is interested in meeting up. I was going with two friends but they are probably backing out because the 30-40% of rain. Personally that doesn't stop me from going but it's not as much fun if I'm alone. I can meet you at the park, or if you're somewhere near the Milton area we can maybe carpool (I have a season's parking pass). Let me know if you're interested.