TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

It really doesn't. Another coaster would be great for any park, but CW doesn't really need a new coaster. You have a hyper and a giga, something that very few parks can boast, and 16 total roller coasters. That's more than pretty much every other park out there.

Plus with cw's attendance and the removal of Skyrider, cw needs another coaster to balance out the lines.

If we're talking about attendance, would Dorney need less roller coasters to balance out the lines?

I have a seasons pass so I have gone twice so far this year and I have noticed a few things that are a bit different since last year. Thunder Run doesn't see as dark inside the mountain like it used to be. You can see light coming in through holes in the mountain wall now. I am thinking its cause of the maze in there for Halloween Haunt.

The 2 new rides I really enjoy. The Flying Eagles is a fun family ride. As much fun as Sky Hawk is, it is also very difficult to get it to flip. Part of that I find is that the ride itself is too short. It feels like you just up to the top and then the ride is over. That is the one thing I have noticed the most in the park. A lot of the flat rides seem to have a very short cycle. I rode Psyclone a few times on monday and every time it felt like it gets to the highest point and then the ride is over. One other comment I will make is I think its time they get rid of Sledge Hammer. It seems to be down more then it is running.

I think the one coaster that the park is missing is a good launching coaster. I love the Backlot Stunt Coaster. I would put in the my top 3 at the park, and mostly for the launch part.

It really doesn't. Another coaster would be great for any park, but CW doesn't really need a new coaster. You have a hyper and a giga, something that very few parks can boast, and 16 total roller coasters. That's more than pretty much every other park out there.

Only 2 good coasters. Even KI and KD have a better coaster collection.

That's not really fair. Vortex is right up there with Behemoth and Leviathan.

Aside from that there's a huge drop off but Backlot, Fly, Thunder Run and Guardian (if that counts) are all good rides. I agree though, they do have a lot of duds.

I have a seasons pass so I have gone twice so far this year and I have noticed a few things that are a bit different since last year. Thunder Run doesn't see as dark inside the mountain like it used to be. You can see light coming in through holes in the mountain wall now. I am thinking its cause of the maze in there for Halloween Haunt.

The 2 new rides I really enjoy. The Flying Eagles is a fun family ride. As much fun as Sky Hawk is, it is also very difficult to get it to flip. Part of that I find is that the ride itself is too short. It feels like you just up to the top and then the ride is over. That is the one thing I have noticed the most in the park. A lot of the flat rides seem to have a very short cycle. I rode Psyclone a few times on monday and every time it felt like it gets to the highest point and then the ride is over. One other comment I will make is I think its time they get rid of Sledge Hammer. It seems to be down more then it is running.

I think the one coaster that the park is missing is a good launching coaster. I love the Backlot Stunt Coaster. I would put in the my top 3 at the park, and mostly for the launch part.

Yes, I've also noticed that Thunder Run isn't as dark as it used to be when traveling through Wonder Mountain. Not only is there more light coming from outside, but I think there are also more pot/strobe lights than there was before. As for Skyhawk, the reason as to why the ride cycle is quite short is mostly because the ride capacity is very low with 24 passengers per cycle compared to other rides within that hold 40 or more passengers. But, the short ride cycle hasn't stopped me from flipping 28 times during my 10th ride last Wednesday.

In regards to Sledgehammer, the 2015 season was the best season it had operated in quite a few years. During the 2013/14 off-season, the park had refurbished Sledgehammer which helped reduce the downtime. Ever since then, it has been operating more often than before the 2014 season. But for some strange reason, Sledgehammer has been down on and off throughout the days I have visited the park so far this season. During my fifth visit to the park last Wednesday, my brother, a friend of mine, and I had rode Sledgehammer in the morning. During the final drop, it had slammed us down to the ground causing the ride to shake and stop. We were finally let off the ride about 10 minutes later once the cars were lowered to their loading/unloading position. Sledgehammer was back up and running 20 minutes after the slight breakdown and continued to operate throughout the day. Hopefully whatever is causing Sledgehammer to breakdown gets resolved. It's a great ride when it's operating properly! It had even received a new coat of paint and seat/restraint covers last year. Hopefully the 2015 season wasn't the last best operating season for Sledgehammer!

Aside from that there's a huge drop off but Backlot, Fly, Thunder Run and Guardian (if that counts) are all good rides. I agree though, they do have a lot of duds.

Well, even KI, KD and CP have a better coaster collection if you counted vortex. CW should be CP quality.

Well, even KI, KD and CP have a better coaster collection if you counted vortex. CW should be CP quality.

Cedar Point having a better roller coaster collection than another park? Whoa.

All of the parks you mentioned have much better collections than Dorney. If you aren't satisfied with your favorite park's lineup, do what I do with Dorney and laugh at it. It works really well.

Cedar Point having a better roller coaster collection than another park? Whoa.

All of the parks you mentioned have much better collections than Dorney. If you aren't satisfied with your favorite park's lineup, do what I do with Dorney and laugh at it. It works really well.

At least I found all of Dorney Park's coasters to be re-ride-able unlike a few here at Canada's Wonderland.

I've been to CW six times so far this season, and Sledgehammer has been running every time. It has been down temporarily on two occasions, but it has seemed pretty reliable otherwise.

I've also found the Wild Beast pretty good. It is a bit rough at points, but the re-tracking they've done in the last couple of years has had a positive impact.

^^Expect even Dorney has a better coaster collection.

Dorney has half the coasters of Canada's Wonderland. The last time that they received a new coaster which was not relocated was 2005, the year before Cedar Fair purchased Canada's Wonderland.

Would you have preferred a used Vekoma inverted boomerang and a used Intamin impulse over Behemoth and Leviathan?

^prefer having those 2 on top of hydra and talon.

Cedar Fair is not responsible for the decisions made by the previous owners of the park. Fans of parks like Dorney would likely prefer that Cedar Fair never purchased the Paramount Parks. Canada's Wonderland has been getting investments which are in line with the park's importance in the chain. Over the next 10 years the park will continue to get new attractions, not just coasters. My personal guess is that over that time frame they will receive 2 or 3 new coasters.

^^Expect even Dorney has a better coaster collection.

Dorney has half the coasters of Canada's Wonderland. The last time that they received a new coaster which was not relocated was 2005, the year before Cedar Fair purchased Canada's Wonderland.

Would you have preferred a used Vekoma inverted boomerang and a used Intamin impulse over Behemoth and Leviathan?

Used boomerang no, used impulse maybe.

I personally think for Wonderland to get a better coaster lineup they must get rid of their bad coasters. They've already started the process by removing Sky Rider. Next up on the cutting board should be Time Warp, Flight Deck, and a wooden coaster. Replace those with good coasters and then we'll have an amazing lineup.

Next up on the cutting board should be Time Warp

I doubt it would be going anywhere.....it is still actually one of the "newer" coasters in the park if we are talking last 10 years.

Also...it hardly takes up much of a land footprint..so even if it was removed....I doubt there would be room to put in the launched giga invert RMC with flyer and winged elements that some of the fans would like.

Next up on the cutting board should be Time Warp

I doubt it would be going anywhere.....it is still actually one of the "newer" coasters in the park if we are talking last 10 years.

Also...it hardly takes up much of a land footprint..so even if it was removed....I doubt there would be room to put in the launched giga invert RMC with flyer and winged elements that some of the fans would like.

Even though it's one of the newer coasters, it's rough and unliked by many. Also to address the small footprint, they could remove Flight Deck as well (another ride that is rough and unliked by many) that is nearby. Together, they would free up a lot of land if they were taken down.

My big brother tried to put on the VR glasses, for Thunder Run, over his own glasses. Forget it! If you wear glasses, forget about wearing them on VR Thunder Run. My brother asked the operator if he could try the VR glasses on, to see if he could focus them, before actually getting on the ride and not being able to focus them in time before the ride started. The operator said you only have a limited amount of time to focus the VR glasses before the ride starts. My brother won't be trying it until maybe he gets contact lenses or something like that. Does anyone else wear glasses with a strong prescription. Is there enough time to focus the VR glasses before the ride starts?

POST 69! xx