TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^Except what you've just said there isn't true, at the start of the 2011 season there was construction walls up and teasers that said 'We are preparing for your future enjoyment', so yeah, they did begin teasing early. If there's a new coaster coming they'd have teased by now, they almost always start early to build up anticipation and excitement. The one Cedar Fair park currently doing that is Kings Island.

^ Is there any pictures of those?

There were walls but, they were for the re-construction of the Backlot Cafe patio. They've been gone since late May/early June. Below are photos of the re-construction fence, mid-reconstruction and of the final product.

1859865848_BacklotCafeFence.jpg.7088e5c166b531b21142ed8d0f5d9048.jpg

Photo Credit: Ty Rant via Facebook

GEDC1803.thumb.JPG.a17239abcd4d57d9b930fd1d94bd60e5.JPG

Photo Credit: John Brooks via Amusement Views

GEDC1949.thumb.JPG.fa6cc5421a98d1a110fc7fc82d87df62.JPG

Photo Credit: John Brooks via Amusement Views

So, as I've said before, I think Canada's Wonderland will be adding a drop slide complex in Splashworks nearby Mighty Canadian Minebuster's first drop for next year.

So yeah, they've not got any construction walls up relating to a large area being cleared then as i said. And no teasers regarding any new addition yet. Unfortunately nothing here points towards a coaster, like nothing at all. I'd agree with the slide complex/ waterpark expansion.

Speaking of that picture, how is Time Warp? I hear Volares getting bad reviews, but I rode Soarin' Eagle at Coney Island last month and it was fine. Is Soarin' Eagle an exception or are Volares rides where different body shapes have completely different experiences?

I don't know, but I did read this off of Screamscape a month back:

(5/19/16) Screamscape sources tell us that management is seriously considering making this season the last one for Time Warp (Zamperla Volare Flying Coaster). Get your last rides in while you still have time.

Speaking of that picture, how is Time Warp? I hear Volares getting bad reviews, but I rode Soarin' Eagle at Coney Island last month and it was fine. Is Soarin' Eagle an exception or are Volares rides where different body shapes have completely different experiences?

I know many people (including myself) who've been on Time Warp and it definitely has mixed reviews. So, I do believe that different body shapes and sizes do have an effect on each rider's experience. I know that quite a few years ago I found it quite rough but, since they repainted it in 2013, I've found it more tolerable. But, this year I found it to be completely tolerable for some strange reason. I guess I can handle roughness better as I get older!

So yeah, they've not got any construction walls up relating to a large area being cleared then as i said. And no teasers regarding any new addition yet. Unfortunately nothing here points towards a coaster, like nothing at all. I'd agree with the slide complex/ waterpark expansion.

Then why would they remove Skyrider two years ago?

Because Togo Stand-ups suck, were unpopular even with the GP, and are maintenance nightmares... And in spite of all that, they were able to foist it off on a foreign park, and actually get some money in return for it! Its removal was a win/win for the park, even without something there to immediately replace it.

Because it is a TOGO stand-up. I was surprised it was not removed years ago and even more surprised they were able to sell the ride.

Cedar Fair also appears to be removing all of the stand up rides. They even confirmed talking to B&M about a floorless conversion on Vortex at Great America. Which I suspect Vortex at Carowinds is also being looked at but I have not seen any confirmation. I will point out that confirmation that they are discussing it with B&M does not mean it will happen.

^It's not as bad as flight deck or time warp, they should have removed those instead.

I agree! Those were much worse then Skyrider! While that park has a few good coasters, it does have more bad coasters in my opinion. Even the wooden coasters (Don't feel like remembering the names) weren't good at all.

^It's not as bad as flight deck or time warp, they should have removed those instead.

I agree! Those were much worse then Skyrider! While that park has a few good coasters, it does have more bad coasters in my opinion. Even the wooden coasters (Don't feel like remembering the names) weren't good at all.

I agree as well that SkyRider was much more enjoyable. I enjoyed riding it with my arms up in the air throughout the whole ride! But unfortunately, it was costing the park quite a bit as it was a mechanical nightmare even though it was a good coaster. Surprisingly, a small park such as Cavallino Matto in Italy purchased SkyRider. At least it wasn't scrapped unlike King Cobra and Shockwave at Kings Island and Kings Dominion, respectively.

The only bad coasters I see at Canada's Wonderland are Flight Deck, Time Warp, and Wild Beast. The other coasters I find to be quite tolerable and enjoyable. I have a feeling Flight Deck and Time Warp will be the next coasters to leave the park as their popularity are waning. But interestingly enough, Time Warp is still very popular with kids who visit the park as the line is usually filled or over flowing with them whenever I walk by. But, any day I've been to Canada's Wonderland over the past two years, including this year, Flight Deck's line has been completely empty, making it a walk-on. It makes me wonder why they don't shorten the awfully long queue line? I guess it's because they have plans on getting rid of it soon.

Was I one of the only ones who enjoyed Skyrider?.... I understand why it had to go, and ask any have said, I was surprised they even managed to sell the ride (according to park employees I've talked to, the ride had"reached the end of its lifespan").

However, I really wish it could've stayed... It was one of the only rides I've been on that had true ejector airtime.

Was I one of the only ones who enjoyed Skyrider?.... I understand why it had to go, and ask any have said, I was surprised they even managed to sell the ride (according to park employees I've talked to, the ride had"reached the end of its lifespan").

However, I really wish it could've stayed... It was one of the only rides I've been on that had true ejector airtime.

No you're not the only one! If you had read my above comment, I greatly enjoyed SkyRider and greatly miss it as I use to ride it with my arms in the air throughout the whole ride duration! But, luckily it found a new home and has been operating at Cavallino Matto since last June!