TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

If they get rid of time warp im gonna buy it. I love that ride. Any changes at the park regarding construction. In a month or 2 we should hear something if were getting anything.

I will have to admit that I had experienced the smoothest ride I had ever experienced of all the times I've been on Time Warp. I think that they may have either replaced the padding on the cars or replaced the wheels on the cars. Whatever they did to Time Warp, it made it give a smoother ride without head banging, knee knocking, or anything else it has done in the past. Has anyone else been on Time Warp this year and noticed this?

A question for the regulars at Time Warp:

Do you guys actually use the step and the grab handles?

^Do you feel sick after that?

Holy crap I was so discombobulated, at the part where your spin is dampened to get you level coming down, I wasn't actually still spinning but I still thought I was. My sense of levelness was messed up for about a minute after that

Whats your personal record?

could you hear it actually groaning when you hit maximum angular velocity?

If they get rid of time warp im gonna buy it. I love that ride. Any changes at the park regarding construction. In a month or 2 we should hear something if were getting anything.

I will have to admit that I had experienced the smoothest ride I had ever experienced of all the times I've been on Time Warp. I think that they may have either replaced the padding on the cars or replaced the wheels on the cars. Whatever they did to Time Warp, it made it give a smoother ride without head banging, knee knocking, or anything else it has done in the past. Has anyone else been on Time Warp this year and noticed this?

A question for the regulars at Time Warp:

Do you guys actually use the step and the grab handles?

Yes, I actually use the steps and the grab handles as that's the proper and safest way to ride Time Warp. How else are you suppose to ride?

^ I guess that goes for any ride, but then I don't suppose you hold onto grab handles on all the rides

I must say Time Warp is the only ride I would hold on, unless I can put a cushion down the groin ha ha

Holy crap I was so discombobulated, at the part where your spin is dampened to get you level coming down, I wasn't actually still spinning but I still thought I was. My sense of levelness was messed up for about a minute after that

What you mean? I was travelling probably at around 1.5 rad/s

But the groaning? Didn't notice, but I did notice there was click noises every revolution near the end of it, is that it slowing down or the clicker counting revolutions?

I also find the sensation is very weird, you get pulled out through your head for half of it, and then pulled out through your feet for the other half, is that a result of a non-heartlined inversion? It interests me

^ I guess that goes for any ride, but then I don't suppose you hold onto grab handles on all the rides

I must say Time Warp is the only ride I would hold on, unless I can put a cushion down the groin ha ha

There are many rides where I don't hang on as I tend to just enjoy that out of control feeling. But, that out of control feeling would be too much on Time Warp!

^^ Or maybe I should describe it as low frequency creaking sound, as if it's under stress.

I only tried about 8 times - took me three go's to get the full on spinning right.

Outside seat should help as the apparent air speed is higher and breezy days should help even more.

I lock the wings at full opposite once it starts spinning - I was too busy having fun to count the spins.

Often times I would still spin slowly while it's coming down and a couple of time I was upside down for about a second before it righted itself before it came to full stop.

I fold my legs and brace which helps me keep the wings locked at max angles, so all I was feeling was my brain being spun around.

Edited by ul9601

There are many rides where I don't hang on as I tend to just enjoy that out of control feeling. But, that out of control feeling would be too much on Time Warp!

I feel it just needs more soft cushioning than hard plastics...

In that way I think it would be good for hands free ride

I feel it just needs more soft cushioning than hard plastics...

In that way I think it would be good for hands free ride

You'd slip out of the cage.

^ Yeah I guess - I went hands and feet free at first until I was rolling around in the cage. Then I just pushed my legs against the plastic shell until I had my balls busted

Then I gave up and held on to the grips and set the feet on the step.

Does anyone else find the skyhawk restraints a bit weird for taller/broader people? My shoulders are still very sore from yesterday, due to the forces pushing your shoulders up against the restraints. I'm 6 feet tall so I guess I am taller than the average person, and my friend who is a couple inches shorter than me had no shoulder pain, but he only managed to flip once and got 8 flips, I got 18...

What you mean? I was travelling probably at around 1.5 rad/s

But the groaning? Didn't notice, but I did notice there was click noises every revolution near the end of it, is that it slowing down or the clicker counting revolutions?

I also find the sensation is very weird, you get pulled out through your head for half of it, and then pulled out through your feet for the other half, is that a result of a non-heartlined inversion? It interests me

Haven't rode it yet, but based off of POVs I've watched, it seems like the odd sensation is due to your spin lining up with the rotation of the tower; could be wrong though.

Looks like splash works is now open. I am not a big fan of water parks. I prefer the regular rides.

Splashworks has been open on weekends since May 28th and just began daily operations yesterday. I found last year to be one of the best seasons for Splashworks in ages because of the addition of Typhoon and Splash Station. Typhoon isn't an intense water slide but is really fun, especially the single tube side. So, if you haven't been to Splashworks in years, I would suggest that you go and take a visit as it's a small yet fun water park.

Just went to CW yesterday again, Skyhawk really hurts my shoulders, but also the lower part of the restraint presses down in the WRONG places, gets painful when you are hanging upside down for long periods of time or you are spinning super fast. I managed to hit 16 cause we only got to ride it twice and I wasn't holding my left wing down enough. Behemoth was also running fantastic today, got a 2-3 click loose ride and I was really floating up hard. Lines were crazy though, 1 hour wait.

According to the app, there is 5 minute wait for behemoth and leviathan today. I don't think this makes any sense due to it being a sunday and fathers day as well.

Just went to CW yesterday again, Skyhawk really hurts my shoulders, but also the lower part of the restraint presses down in the WRONG places, gets painful when you are hanging upside down for long periods of time or you are spinning super fast. I managed to hit 16 cause we only got to ride it twice and I wasn't holding my left wing down enough. Behemoth was also running fantastic today, got a 2-3 click loose ride and I was really floating up hard. Lines were crazy though, 1 hour wait.

According to the app, there is 5 minute wait for behemoth and leviathan today. I don't think this makes any sense due to it being a sunday and fathers day as well.

1 hour wait is nothing on a crowded day.

I guess we were lucky but lsat year we went like 10 times and never once had behemoth over 30-45 minutes and leviathan over 60 minutes.

I just went to Canada's Wonderland for the first time today and i CAN confirm that leviathan AND behemoth were WALK ONS there was no line and you could walk right into the loading platforms. Everyone was at the water park it seemed from looking at it from behemoth. I am totally coming back on fathers day again that was a great trip. I managed 27 flips on skyhawk. SERIOUS tunnel vision while flipping and i still have a headache from it .

Anyone know how often that park is dead like that? I totally need to come back to canada to do that again

I guess we were lucky but lsat year we went like 10 times and never once had behemoth over 30-45 minutes and leviathan over 60 minutes.

Did you go during the pan-am games?

I'm looking for someone to go with to the park over the next few weeks... any idea on how I can connect with likeminded individuals? I want to get some good use out of my season's pass (with parking included).

Well, PM me and maybe we can work something out. I always enjoy going to amusement parks with like-minded people!

Went on skyhawk again today

WIND IS THE ANSWER

Holy shit, the WIND helps break records so much its ridiculous. My previous record was 18, not the best but it was OK, but today it was windy, and HOLY CRAP I just got destroyed by the wind. The only problem is its less consistent, like you spin 1.5-2.5 times per second going into the wind, but going out of it you slow down a bit.

That was the first time I was REALLY dizzy on that ride, I was losing a lot of vision going that fast and I did not know which way was up going down. Pretty thrilling though.

^ absolutely - it's basic physics (or something) - with some amount of breeze, you get higher apparent wind speed. it doesn't really matter which direction wind is blowing as long as you can get into spin as quickly as possible, you can save a lot of time alternating the wing movement before start spinning.