TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Post deleted by user

I didn't see the post but whatever it was, this is probably for the best.

Hey, I wouldn't go counting the kid out just yet... He's got some major coaster-boy talent in there....

Cause remember...

image.gif.ecb4b32ef213b732f71ac2f769cf75fd.gif

Coasterboy #1!... Taking the enthusiast community by storm!... Comes complete with virgibity still in tact!... For a limited time only?

Not sure if this is very old news, however it was a first for me.

I was at the park last week, and have now noticed that Thunder Run VR is free for those with a season's pass, it appears that if you don't have a season's pass you are S.O.L. as there are no prices visible. I assume this is an attempt to sell more Season's passes, and I for one love it, as now I have don't have to pay

My experience- which was yesterday was different regarding wearing glasses there.

They kept on telling me I couldn't wear my glasses on almost all the rides, even with my goggles on. They relented in the end, except for time warp

This is after I cleared it up at the guest services whether I could wear the glasses and they told me it's fine as long as I accept it's not the park's responsibilty.

I think the only ride that might toss out glasses would be time warp and possibly Skyhawk.

It is unfortunate that the loose article policy is not consistent across all the Cedar Fairs parks.

If they get rid of time warp im gonna buy it. I love that ride. Any changes at the park regarding construction. In a month or 2 we should hear something if were getting anything.

I will have to admit that I had experienced the smoothest ride I had ever experienced of all the times I've been on Time Warp. I think that they may have either replaced the padding on the cars or replaced the wheels on the cars. Whatever they did to Time Warp, it made it give a smoother ride without head banging, knee knocking, or anything else it has done in the past. Has anyone else been on Time Warp this year and noticed this?

Imagine all the head lice on those paddings....

I don't think this has ever been an issue with any rides or coasters at the park. They sanitize the restraints and padding quite a few times throughout the season. I can guarantee you that if you're concerned about head lice then you probably wouldn't or shouldn't be going to an amusement park!

^Not concerned about any ride except time warp. Plus the little pads smell like crap.

Well, think about Flight Deck, Shockwave, Sledgehammer, and most other rides that use headrests and over the shoulder restraints? Do you honestly think those are any better? I believe the padding on Time Warp is new this year as it seemed softer and not worn compared to previous years. If such an issue occurred on any ride, I'm sure they would close it down until the problem is resolved as it's a health and safety concern.

^why do you always put a smiley face at the end of every post?

Maybe it's because I'm a very happy person?

Somewhere in the world, at this very moment, a kitten is being euthanized.

There, fixed that problem!

We went to CW today, first time flipping on skyhawk.

A common occurrence among my friend was that they could become inverted, stall, but then fall back without flipping and lose all their momentum from not switching at the time of inversion. If some of you get this problem, if you are slowing down a lot towards being inverted, you likely wont flip, and prepare to continue rocking the other way instead of holding in that direction.

I hit 18 rounds, but that was because I made the same mistake again, and took me 2 more rockings to get to flip again. I think 25 would be pretty good goal for me to hit.

^Do you feel sick after that?

Holy crap I was so discombobulated, at the part where your spin is dampened to get you level coming down, I wasn't actually still spinning but I still thought I was. My sense of levelness was messed up for about a minute after that

Whats your personal record?