TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^^I hope not. If anything they would go back to intamin before Gerstlauer. I don't think Canada's wonderland needs one. It would be good at smaller parks though like valleyfair.

I agree with coasterbill with Gerstlauers having lower capacities, but other than your dream for an Intamin, why is it logical for CW to build an Intamin before a Gerstlauer?

^^I hope not. If anything they would go back to intamin before Gerstlauer. I don't think Canada's wonderland needs one. It would be good at smaller parks though like valleyfair.

I agree with coasterbill with Gerstlauers having lower capacities, but other than your dream for an Intamin, why is it logical for CW to build an Intamin before a Gerstlauer?

Intamins do break down but when they are running, they are more efficient, due to the way they double load stations and their trains are also generally a bit higher capacity. The intamin trains on maverick are comparable to the 4x4 gerstlaurer trains but they have smarter ways of loading the station. Top thrill holds 18

Hi all,

Is the loose article policy strict here than elsewhere?

I see a whole bunch of tame rides requiring all loose items off for ride - in my case, this will be glasses.

I'm coming from KI & CP, they let you on most if not all coasters with glasses/sunglasses.

I've been told I couldn't get on with glasses at Knotts ages ago - not sure if it was under Cedar Fairs then.

Are parks policies more or less consistent among the Cedar Fair parks?

Cheers

Sam

^Which also means waiting in the break run the whole time also know as stacking.

What the hell are you talking about this time?

Stacking is when all the trains on the course are stopped on the brake run.

Dragster has a separate unload platform so you're almost never stopped in the brake run.

Having a lot of trains has nothing to do with stacking unless the crew sucks. Maverick runs tons of trains and stacking is minimal. Bizarro at Six Flags New England runs 2 trains and stacks like it's an Olympic sport.

Hi all,

I see a whole bunch of tame rides requiring all loose items off for ride - in my case, this will be glasses.

I'm coming from KI & CP, they let you on most if not all coasters with glasses/sunglasses.

I've been told I couldn't get on with glasses at Knotts ages ago - not sure if it was under Cedar Fairs then.

Cheers

Sam

My brother wears his glasses on most flat rides except for Psyclone, SledgeHammer, Drop Tower, Skyhawk, Riptide, Shockwave, and Slingshot. But, all the other flat rides my brother wear his glasses on and has never been asked to remove them. As for which roller coasters my brother has worn his glasses on are Thunder Run, The Fly, Ghoster Coaster, Silver Streak, and even Vortex a few times. All the other coasters you cannot wear glasses unless they are strapped to your head. Hopefully this helps answer your question!

It just comes to the point, that the more trains you have, the more break runs you need for safety so that only one train is running the course at a time. Or the longer the break run needs to be at the end.

Intamins do break down but when they are running, they are more efficient, due to the way they double load stations and their trains are also generally a bit higher capacity. The intamin trains on maverick are comparable to the 4x4 gerstlaurer trains but they have smarter ways of loading the station. Top thrill holds 18

Intamin hasn't built a coaster with a side-by-side double station since Kingda Ka, and the coasters that have inline double stations use short trains (Maverick with three cars, Cheetah Hunt with four). Also, using an inline double station takes up a lot of extra space as you have to have a separate block ahead of the station before the lift / launch for the second train to sit on, and then two blocks instead of one at the end of the ride before re-entering the station. Though, thinking about it, it's probably still comparable to a single-station setup with a longer train...

Inline double stations really only work when you're running four short trains, and side-by-sides only work when you're cycling enough trains to make them useful. The setup works for Storm Runner because it's a short ride that only uses two trains. It works for California Screamin' because it's a people-eater by design. How often do you see Kingda Ka run its side-by-side stations anymore, let alone it's inline setups on either side? I've never seen either, it's always just been one side, load and unload in the front, while the next train waits behind the first.

If anything, the Gerstlauer design is smarter because the single-row cars allow for shorter station platforms and block sections.

Hi all,

Cheers

Sam

My brother wears his glasses on most flat rides except for Psyclone, SledgeHammer, Drop Tower, Skyhawk, Riptide, Shockwave, and Slingshot. But, all the other flat rides my brother wear his glasses on and has never been asked to remove them. As for which roller coasters my brother has worn his glasses on are Thunder Run, The Fly, Ghoster Coaster, Silver Streak, and even Vortex a few times. All the other coasters you cannot wear glasses unless they are strapped to your head. Hopefully this helps answer your question!

that's great thanks.

I couldn't find anything about straps - the FAQs mention nothing about it.

About to head over there now - Skyhawk s a bit disappointing in that it seems to last only half a minute..,

Cheers

Sam

It just comes to the point, that the more trains you have, the more break runs you need for safety so that only one train is running the course at a time. Or the longer the break run needs to be at the end.

That has nothing to do with stacking.

Parks never run more trains than a ride needs to be efficient unless the crews suck or are understaffed and the park's have unrealistic expectations (Bizarro at Great Adventure) . Depending on the ride a lot of them can and do have more than one train on the course at a time. Intamin Blitz coasters which you seem to have zero understanding of are some of these coasters. Cheetah Hunt has a MCBR and Maverick does too at the launch tunnel so it can have multiple trains on the circuit at the same time and they always do... and Maverick has a pre-lift block and 2 load stations. Maverick does not have a stacking problem. They never have to wait for the ride. They have a great crew and pretty much dispatch as fast as people can get loaded, checked and cleared.

Sure it has a long final brake (B-R-A-K-E) run but the ride vehicles just roll right down the first half of it most of the time because of the efficiency of the crew. There are generally 2 trains in the final brakes by the time the trains ahead are cleared which is what they want because they roll them both in together. They load 2 trains and dispatch 2 trains at the same time. Dragster does the same thing.

Intamin Blitz coasters which you seem to have zero understanding of are some of these coasters.

What's a blitz coaster?!?

Hi all,

Cheers

Sam

that's great thanks.

I couldn't find anything about straps - the FAQs mention nothing about it.

About to head over there now - Skyhawk s a bit disappointing in that it seems to last only half a minute..,

Cheers

Sam

No problem! I'm glad I could help! Yes, Skyhawk's ride cycle is very short mostly because the ride capacity is very small at 24 passengers per ride cycle. It's too bad they couldn't have increased the ride capacity. But, one thing I will say that is outstanding about Skyhawk is the quick loading and dispatch times! I like it how the park has implemented three loading gates and a few ride attendants to help quickly load and check all the seats on Skyhawk!

yup - I totally agree with you on Skyhawk. It's still great fun and with Fast Lane there is hardly any wait.

Unlike KI & CP where I visited earlier in the week, almost no one is using Fast Lane. Why is that? I've ridden all coasters minus four that don't have Fast Lane option - The Bat, The Fly, Dragon Fire & The Guardian. I'm weighing up my options as to whether I bother with those. I'm tempted to do the Guardian as it seems unique but not sure about the rest.

In the meantime I've been spinning around on Skyhawk.

Cheers

Sam

Intamin Blitz coasters which you seem to have zero understanding of are some of these coasters.

That's what RCDB refers to these as. I rarely see the term used though. lol

How is iSpeed not on that list?

That's what RCDB refers to these as. I rarely see the term used though. lol

How is iSpeed not on that list?

That's because he only selected the cusotm Intamin Blitz Coasters. Here is the list of the two iSpeed models. So, there's a total of 6 Intamin Blitz coasters to date.