TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^It aint the old age anymore bud. Plus if they keep adding new attractions, they will run out of room too quick. Less hype for the new coasters too since they receive them so often.

A) Did you seriously just call me "bud"???

B) Are you seriously trying to still defend your point, even against all proof that it's not accurate?

C) There is no C... There never is a C...

D) Cedar Point has been "running out of room" since I was a teenager... I turn 40 in a couple of years... Cedar Point is not running out of room...

Z) Have you been to CP this year? It's the most packed early in the season than I have seen it for a LONG, LONG, time... maybe ever! Pretty sure Valravn following closely behind Rougarou and GateKeeper hasn't dampened its hype at all!

Wait. Raptor was built in '87 AND '94? I know what you meant though - Iron Draggin' and then Magnum.

CP in the 80's, 90's and early 00's was known for adding their big attractions every two years - it was almost like clockwork that you could anticipate a new coaster every two years.

Doh! That's what I get rushing through posting before having to head out the door! Yes, Draggin' Iron! My favorite coaster from when I first rode it in '88 until I rode Magnum a few years later!

a. Do you know what winky face means?

b. it`s my opinion

d.it`s your opinion

z. Sure

^As long as the commercials are well set up . Imagine a commercial for ziz.
The new Ziz for canada's wonderland!

Speaking of ziz. They might still go with the theming of ziz but change the same to something like maybe gateprotector.

Technically Leviathan is "Gateprotector"

No, the metal detectors are the gateprotectors to make sure that there are no guns in the park.

a. Do you know what winky face means?

b. it`s my opinion

d.it`s your opinion

z. Sure

a. Yes, but it's still a valid question!

b. Actually, it's not simply an opinion... I, and others, have provided concrete facts, proof, that CP frequently will build large coasters twice within the span of a few years.

d. What I stated about people saying CP is running out of room the entire time you've been alive, is fact. I've seen and heard it. Yet, they keep adding coasters. Fact. Additionally, I could show you quite a few places they could add a coaster, though I won't, because this is a CW thread, and we're veering way off topic now!

z. See how easy agreeing with me when I'm right is?

I'm not going to argue anymore, because it's not constructive, but I do recommend taking a step back, and re-evaluating your "opinion", because it doesn't seem to be rooted in facts... Take care, bud!

The highschool kid is enthusiastic and means well but lacks social and debating skills.

I hope with the new gerstlauer flat that they begin a new relationship with gerstlauer and start bringing in twisty loopy element filled coasters. some kind of modern looking coaster designed after the invention of the heartline.

Why don't we change the subject to boring forceless B&M's with great capacity and low downtime rivaling a schoolbus.

there will definitely be no coaster for kings island

This isn't even slightly true, with the teasing and all the clearing, it's most likely that they are going to be getting a coaster next year regardless of how many years ago Banshee was added

Sure, but it would be the worst decision made by cedar fair, or kings island.

All of this deep financial business insight from a 15 year old. Trust him, guys. He knows what he's talking about.

I wish I had that much confidence about my ignorance when I was 15.

This isn't even slightly true, with the teasing and all the clearing, it's most likely that they are going to be getting a coaster next year regardless of how many years ago Banshee was added

All of this deep financial business insight from a 15 year old. Trust him, guys. He knows what he's talking about.

So much insight, so much potential!...

Mark Zuckerberg, Tim Ferriss, Anton Schwarzkopf, Justin Trudeau and Donald Trump all rolled into one!!!

Get this kid down to Silicon Valley ASAP!... The next major breakthrough is upon us!

image.gif.be402588e5c91e1a0b5d61c1230827ac.gif

So much insight, so much potential!...

Mark Zuckerberg, Tim Ferriss, Anton Schwarzkopf, Justin Trudeau and Donald Trump all rolled into one!!!

Get this kid down to Silicon Valley ASAP!... The next major breakthrough is upon us!

[attachment=0]image.gif[/attachment]

Cedar Fair is doing the same thing that put Six Flags in bankruptcy 10 years ago. Build big at their big parks, and nearly neglect the smaller ones. That's why Six Flags doesn't build X2's, Kingda Ka's, or El Toro's any more. Because they realized that all their smaller parks now had aging, ten year old attractions that weren't marketable anymore.

Cedar Fair: Making Mermories and Repeating History.

I'm heading here on July 2nd as the start of my 3 week graduation trip. The last time (also the first time) I visited was in 2008, so I've already been on everything except for the stuff that has obviously been added since then. My memory is therefore fuzzy on the operations, so even though I know all the coasters aren't top notch, I still like to ride everything anyway. So, for that reason, would it be feasible to get on everything in one full day on the day that I'm visiting, or is that only possible with fast lane plus?

I'm heading here on July 2nd as the start of my 3 week graduation trip. The last time (also the first time) I visited was in 2008, so I've already been on everything except for the stuff that has obviously been added since then. My memory is therefore fuzzy on the operations, so even though I know all the coasters aren't top notch, I still like to ride everything anyway. So, for that reason, would it be feasible to get on everything in one full day on the day that I'm visiting, or is that only possible with fast lane plus?

July 2 is the Canada Day long weekend. It will be very busy. I'd recommend Fast Lane Plus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^ I have been to CW in the middle of the week several times and it has always been crowded so I can only imagine what the place would be like on a major Canadian holiday weekend. CW is in a metro area with about 20 million people so it will always draw big crowds - one of the biggest for a Cedar Fair park.

With that said, I agree with stellaclose - budget for Fastlane Plus or be prepared to wait in long lines the entire day. Operations in general are usually pretty good, but it's just simply a very busy park on almost every operating day during the summer season.

Fastlane plus for sure. Busy BUSY couple of days at Wonderland at that time of year.

Cedar Fair is doing the same thing that put Six Flags in bankruptcy 10 years ago

Looks the opposite to me personally, not expanding too rapidly, not "too many" parks in their inventory, different rides being added to a few different parks, not buying "licences" they can't afford to keep (I loved the Wiggles!), trying to keep what they do have "clean and in good repair"..etc etc.

From a purely "Wonderland" perspective...Cedar fair have been a breath of fresh air.

I always thought that Six Flags tried to grow TOO big....the amount of parks they had to sell was testament to that. I don't think Cedar Fair will get to that point any time soon.

You should try to go on the new flat rides their pretty cool. The line for wonder mountain's guardian will be long regardless since there is no fast lane for that ride. So i would recommend doing it as soon as you get there.

I think right now cw could use an intamin coaster of somekind since they don't have one. I think every park should have at least 1 intamin coaster. But unfortunate cedar fair has not installed an intamin coaster since i305 in 2010. I think the problem with a new B&M unless it's a launched coaster, is that it will probably be over 200ft to break some kind of record which is great, but cw already has 2 coasters over 200ft. I think a intamin coaster like furious baco would be good (as long as it's smooth) because that's a launched coaster and it stays low to the ground. The only problem with launch coasters are that they are not reliable. Just look at lightining rod at dollywood.

^Seriously, there's a rather large amount wrong with what you've just said right there. Cedar Fair are just so unlikely to work with Intamin again after the issues they've had with them, although it is possible. Plus, for a wing rider like Furious Baco they'd need a new train design with all the issues it has currently. They've got no reason not to work with B&M for their coasters and add an Intamin, they're reliable, look great and have fantastic capacity. In regards to launch coasters being unreliable, that's incorrect, you're only using Lighting Rod as a reference to that point, and they only have issues with their launch because they used a new company to provide the LSM's(that we know of).

Nothing wrong with your opinion though if you think every park should have an Intamin, they do make great coasters!

^Seriously, there's a rather large amount wrong with what you've just said right there. Cedar Fair are just so unlikely to work with Intamin again after the issues they've had with them, although it is possible. Plus, for a wing rider like Furious Baco they'd need a new train design with all the issues it has currently. They've got no reason not to work with B&M for their coasters and add an Intamin, they're reliable, look great and have fantastic capacity. In regards to launch coasters being unreliable, that's incorrect, you're only using Lighting Rod as a reference to that point, and they only have issues with their launch because they used a new company to provide the LSM's(that we know of).

Nothing wrong with your opinion though if you think every park should have an Intamin, they do make great coasters!

I know that cedar fair will probably not add an intamin coaster. I meant a coaster that stays low, close the ground like furious baco or maverick for example. B&M is great, but I think that cedar fair should expand there coaster manufactures. I don't think that cedar fair installed 1 steel coaster recently that was not B&M. That part is just my opinion. I know that top thrill dragster breaks down a lot, furious baco,ect break down a lot. I am not sure about B&M's launch system on Thunderbird if it was reliable or not.

Hope this clarify's.

^The last coaster they added that was not a B&M was back in 2013 with Gold Striker and Coast Rider. Also the coasters that you've listed there all use a Hydraulic launch system which is known to be less reliable than using LSM's, the last Hydraulic Launch coaster was back in 2011 as well. All i'm saying is that if they decide to add a launch coaster at any point it's not going to be unreliable as you were saying

^The last coaster they added that was not a B&M was back in 2013 with Gold Striker and Coast Rider. Also the coasters that you've listed there all use a Hydraulic launch system which is known to be less reliable than using LSM's, the last Hydraulic Launch coaster was back in 2011 as well. All i'm saying is that if they decide to add a launch coaster at any point it's not going to be unreliable as you were saying

Other than those small coasters like wild mouse and dark rides, there has been no steel coasters other than B&Ms recently. No mack no gerstlauer,ect. What's the down time of the newer launch coasters? As reliable as regular ones?

I just visited Canada's Wonderland for my fourth time of the season, today. I was able to get onto Skyhawk for my eighth and ninth time. During my first ride on Skyhawk in the morning, I was able to complete one flip. But, when I rode later, I was able to flip upside down 8 times in a row. It was a really weird and surreal feeling while flipping around on Skyhawk continuously! Regardless how of surreal it felt, I greatly enjoyed it and continue flipping on it some more next time I visit! Skyhawk is definitely a ride that takes practice to flip for most but, once you develop the technique, it's a really fun ride to experience! It took me eight rides to flip once and nine rides to flip eight times during one ride duration! Below is a photo of my (not so impressive) personal accomplishment! Unfortunately the on-ride cameras weren't working then!

13346660_510766175776024_4064473402465484878_n.jpg?oh=bc43cbd426155d7d293d370509e1626b&oe=580B81DF