TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

This is my second year having a platinum pass.

Last year i went to California's Great America, Kings Island and Cedar Point.

This year i have been to CP already. Not sure about the rest of the season...

The other nice thing about the platinum pass is you don't pay for parking. It changes how i go to the park.

I like to go Sunday mornings at opening time and ride for an hour and a half and when it starts getting busy i go home. My girlfriend goes to yoga while i ride coasters. We both de-stress in our own ways, then we meet for lunch and have a great day.

I also figure that i help the park prevent the coasters from valleying before the rest of the people get there

someone's gotta do it!

I don't know if you guys have noticed or not, but over in the KI thread, they're getting excited about lime green B&M track, which appears to be for a Hyper, or more likely Wingrider coaster. Given that I suspect their new coaster will be a woodie of some sort, I immediately thought of the long rumored "Ziz" Wingrider for CW. It would fit with the bright color scheme laid out in their previous two B&M beasts, as well! To me, CW is still the #1 most likely next destination for a CF large cap-ex, given their stellar attendance numbers, but it wouldn't shock me if both CW and KI got something next year...

Unless you mean kings dominion, there will definitely be no coaster for kings island. They just got a massive one 2 years ago, even CP does not get 2 coasters within 3 years. Plus these parks should get a new coaster first: kings dominion, knotts,dorney park, worlds of fun, valleyfair, michigan's adventure, california's great america.

EDIT: just checked out the thread. Hopefully no wingrider for canada's wonderland. Hey, I won't complain, but I think it's just not the best kind of coaster for right now.

^^ I won't be making my first trip to Canada's Wonderland until July, but I think a Wingrider is exactly what the Dr. ordered. Need more high capacity coasters at a park that gets so many visitors! They could definitely make something better than GateKeeper, which would be an amazing addition to the park.

there will definitely be no coaster for kings island

This isn't even slightly true, with the teasing and all the clearing, it's most likely that they are going to be getting a coaster next year regardless of how many years ago Banshee was added

This isn't even slightly true, with the teasing and all the clearing, it's most likely that they are going to be getting a coaster next year regardless of how many years ago Banshee was added

Sure, but it would be the worst decision made by cedar fair, or kings island.

How? The park pulls in huge crowds. And larger attendance boosts are seen the two years AFTER a large ride is installed, not the year it opens, so they're probably trying to ride that wave. It's a perfectly good investment.

More parks need a coaster before ki

You have to look at it this way: What is best for the chain overall? Sure, they might have just gotten a coaster two years ago, but if there's a larger opportunity for growth by adding another one, then there's a much higher chance of that happening than another park getting a big investment.

if it was just an rmc redo that would be fine though.

which is the exact same thing as a new coaster?¿¿¿¿¿¿

^^Yeah but it doesn't matter whether they just got a new coaster or not, Cedar Fair obviously feel like adding another coaster to Kings Island rather than say Kings Dominion will have a larger impact on attendance and overall revenue. If Cedar Fair know that it'll have both those impacts then it has to be a good investment. It's not about whether a park needs a coaster or not.

Pretty sure we can all name a LOT more "worst decisions" made by Cedar Fair other than giving Kings Island a new coaster.

I think that cw should not get a wing coaster but instead a dive coaster or an rmcing of minebuster like I said before. But we dont know yet if cf is ready to start the rmc plague to a bunch of woodies in there chain of parks.

even CP does not get 2 coasters within 3 years.

Gatekeeper and Valravn would like a word with you.

Not to mention, when I was growing up, it was the norm... Raptor and Magnum (87,89), Magnum and Mean Streak (89,91), Raptor and Mantis (94,96), MF and WT (00,02), and then WT and TTD back to back (02,03)!

(Also, technically, GateKeeper and Valravn do not qualify, as they are 13, and 16... But the Rougarou conversion was 2015, so it's still pretty much a new(ish) coaster! )

^It aint the old age anymore bud. Plus if they keep adding new attractions, they will run out of room too quick. Less hype for the new coasters too since they receive them so often. That's why I think it's good that cw waited all this time for a new coaster. The gp will be more excited just like if they got a B&M hyper at Michigan's adventure. the gp would be .

even CP does not get 2 coasters within 3 years.

Gatekeeper and Valravn would like a word with you.

Not to mention, when I was growing up, it was the norm... Raptor and Magnum (87,89), Magnum and Mean Streak (89,91), Raptor and Mantis (94,96), MF and WT (00,02), and then WT and TTD back to back (02,03)!

(Also, technically, GateKeeper and Valravn do not qualify, as they are 13, and 16... But the Rougarou conversion was 2015, so it's still pretty much a new(ish) coaster! )

Wait. Raptor was built in '87 AND '94? I know what you meant though - Iron Draggin' and then Magnum.

CP in the 80's, 90's and early 00's was known for adding their big attractions every two years - it was almost like clockwork that you could anticipate a new coaster every two years.

^As long as the commercials are well set up . Imagine a commercial for ziz.

The new Ziz for canada's wonderland!

Speaking of ziz. They might still go with the theming of ziz but change the same to something like maybe gateprotector.

Speaking of ziz. They might still go with the theming of ziz but change the same to something like maybe gateprotector.

Ziz is seriously a terrible name. Absolutely laughable. Sounds like a soda out of the early 90's, not a huge steel roller coaster.

^It aint the old age anymore bud. Plus if they keep adding new attractions, they will run out of room too quick. Less hype for the new coasters too since they receive them so often.

A) Did you seriously just call me "bud"???

B) Are you seriously trying to still defend your point, even against all proof that it's not accurate?

C) There is no C... There never is a C...

D) Cedar Point has been "running out of room" since I was a teenager... I turn 40 in a couple of years... Cedar Point is not running out of room...

Z) Have you been to CP this year? It's the most packed early in the season than I have seen it for a LONG, LONG, time... maybe ever! Pretty sure Valravn following closely behind Rougarou and GateKeeper hasn't dampened its hype at all!

Wait. Raptor was built in '87 AND '94? I know what you meant though - Iron Draggin' and then Magnum.

CP in the 80's, 90's and early 00's was known for adding their big attractions every two years - it was almost like clockwork that you could anticipate a new coaster every two years.

Doh! That's what I get rushing through posting before having to head out the door! Yes, Draggin' Iron! My favorite coaster from when I first rode it in '88 until I rode Magnum a few years later!

Technically Leviathan is "Gateprotector"