TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

As of this week;

Two flat bed trucks, a digger in the graveyard, two new construction trailers on the land clearing site that weren't there last week, 5 construction trailers near behemoths helix, land clearing int he forest near Minebusters turn around/ behind Splash Works, still more dirt coming in and being piled next to Minebusters drop. Minimal action in Skyriders plot of land, in fact more tree's were planted but more stakes were also put there aswell.

Here is a list of things I think it may be;

1. separate entrance/ parking for Splash Works with a slide complex added next to Minebusters drop.

2. hotel/ lodging as on the time frame presentation hotel lodging is listed for 2017 for cedar fair.

3. RMC of Minebuster as we tend to sometimes be the test park for Cedar Fair.

4. the rumored wing coaster to replace Skyrider.

I was the one that found the youtube video and posted the pictures on that facebook page, but you need to delete that post as those pictures break park rules, thus why I didn't post any of them here.

"don't remove it, rmc it."

Also from the same video, Im pretty sure this patch of land by behemoth was being talked about a while back.

It was by me, it's owned by the twon but there are a ton of red stakes on that land. I posted pictures a while back

Two construction trailers, two flatbed trucks, and more land clearing have been spotted around Minebuster and Splash Works

Theres a second picture that shows the second plot of land clearing aswell near Minebusters turn around/ behind black hole

I would personally like to see Mighty Canadian Minebuster get re-tracked by Great Coasters International than touched by RMC. If it were to be re-tracked, it would be amazing again as the train would just fly over the hills! I just enjoy out-and-back wooden coasters!

I would personally like to see Mighty Canadian Minebuster get re-tracked by Great Coasters International than touched by RMC. If it were to be re-tracked, it would be amazing again as the train would just fly over the hills! I just enjoy out-and-back wooden coasters!

GCI coasters are great, but their retracking is pretty bad. The coasters turn out smooth, but that's about it. They turn out rather forceless and boring compared to their previous incarnations. Timber Wolf is an example. Use to have ejector airtime and decently steep drops. Now it has a little floater airtime and ramps. Always wish for RMC instead. ALWAYS.

Knott's fans are in for a surprise if they think Ghostrider will be the best woodie in California next month.

GCI coasters are great, but their retracking is pretty bad. The coasters turn out smooth, but that's about it. They turn out rather forceless and boring compared to their previous incarnations. Timber Wolf is an example. Use to have ejector airtime and decently steep drops. Now it has a little floater airtime and ramps. Always wish for RMC instead. ALWAYS.

Knott's fans are in for a surprise if they think Ghostrider will be the best woodie in California next month.

Okay, well I don't care who re-tracks it as long as they do a great job and maintain the airtime! I just wouldn't want to see Mighty Canadian Minebuster get RMC'd as I enjoy this coaster the way it is, especially since it has some historical significance of being modeled after the Shooting Sat at Coney Island (Cincinnati).

Okay, well I don't care who re-tracks it as long as they do a great job and maintain the airtime! I just wouldn't want to see Mighty Canadian Minebuster get RMC'd as I enjoy this coaster the way it is, especially since it has some historical significance of being modeled after the Shooting Sat at Coney Island (Cincinnati).

They have been retracking wildebeast and the parts they did have been great. At the rate they are going it will take another 3 years to finish it though...

If they were to hire the same contractors to bring back minebuster to original condition, It would be awesome.( i know they changed the out and back airtime hills )

With some decent track that coaster really hauls a$$ and would be a lot of fun.

Edited by buck funny

RMC does simple wooden retracking too. They've done it to plenty of coasters.

Now knowing that, maybe Canada's Wonderland should contact RMC to re-do the simple re-tracking for Mighty Canadian Minebuster. It's a good coaster but, could become great with some re-tracking!

They used to. I think they stopped re-tracking coasters when the I-Box track was introduced.

I think the question comes about the capacity. that's why I think that Canada's wonderland should get a new coaster before rmc redo on mine buster. But I would prefer an rmc on minebuster if there was no capacity issue.

With our luck, mean streak will be rmced by 2018 giving us nothing jk.

Can anyone on here tell me if the prices listed on Canada's Wonderland's website for items such as fastlane are in USD or CAD? It doesn't say in any obviously location I can find including doing a mock purchase. Just trying to do some research for an upcoming trip. Thanks!

Im thinking if we got an rmcing of minebuster, we should have at least 4 trains, even though most rmc's only have 2. But I know that twisted colossus has 6 trains. Since they already know about the attendance at Canada's wonderland, they will probably not ignore it.

Im thinking if we got an rmcing of minebuster, we should have at least 4 trains, even though most rmc's only have 2. But I know that twisted colossus has 6 trains. Since they already know about the attendance at Canada's wonderland, they will probably not ignore it.

I don't think you really know how blocking works...

And Twisted Colossus has four trains but can only run three. The number of trains a coaster runs has little to do with capacity if they're all sitting in storage or constantly stacked.