TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I was referring to Cedar Fair. Not only is Sea World a different company but they are in a completely different financial situation as well.

I know who you were referring to. I was providing context for how fans can see patterns. There financial situations are a lot more similar than you think.

SEAS FUN

Rev 1.371B 1.236B

GM 40.70% 49.60%

Net Income49m 112m

EPS 0.57 1.99

FCF 129m 166m

D 2 E 3.07 27.3

Apparently, CW hasn't updated their Park Map online yet? This is a little surprising to me, this close to the season, but I suppose it's not a big deal... Anybody else notice this, or am I just not seeing Skyhawk on the map? I'm curious where it and the Flying Eagles are located, precisely.

image.jpeg.739900eb711fd5100d1d76e18d91c6a3.jpeg

Sal Loco... Orbiter

This image, along with below caption, was posted on CW's Facebook page awhile back.

Wondering if it's simply a photo of them testing/opening the ride, or could it possibly be a sign the ride is closing down soon to make way for a new attraction ("Sun setting in the picture... and on the attraction)?

Looking at the park map, and google earth, it looks like Orbiter could be in the path of a new coaster (Start at Skyrider's plot, head through action zone, between Minebuster and behemoth, then back again.

I checked it a few hours ago and it hadn't changed and just checked it now and it has indeed changed. Wasn't expecting the two new rides to be that far apart from each other. Not that it's an issue...I just thought they would be closer. I also see they replaced Dinosaurs with Robinson Crusoe for an upcharge on the map. Still curious to see with what they do with Skyrider's space in the future. Possibly a waterpark expansion?

[attachment=0]image.jpeg[/attachment]

This image, along with below caption, was posted on CW's Facebook page awhile back.

Wondering if it's simply a photo of them testing/opening the ride, or could it possibly be a sign the ride is closing down soon to make way for a new attraction ("Sun setting in the picture... and on the attraction)?

Looking at the park map, and google earth, it looks like Orbiter could be in the path of a new coaster (Start at Skyrider's plot, head through action zone, between Minebuster and behemoth, then back again.

That photo has been used quite a few years now on their social media outlets. I strongly believe that Orbiter will no be going anywhere anytime soon as the park had saved it a decade ago. Also, because it's the only Huss Giant Enterprise left in North America! Maybe they're hinting at a rename back to Sol Loco as Orbiter was namedthat from 1981-2002.

Boy! It's almost like they saw my post on here, and were like "Oh yeah! We almost forgot!"

Thanks for the link! I figured that's where Skyhawk would be based on the dirt patch in the Google Satellite image, but had no idea where Flying Eagles was going. Is there where A-Maze-ing was before?

Boy! It's almost like they saw my post on here, and were like "Oh yeah! We almost forgot!"

Thanks for the link! I figured that's where Skyhawk would be based on the dirt patch in the Google Satellite image, but had no idea where Flying Eagles was going. Is there where A-Maze-ing was before?

I thought I had mentioned where Skyhawk was going, but I guess I hadn't. As for where Flying Eagles is, yes it had replaced A-Mazing Adventures in Kidzville.

I'm starting to think we may be the test park for an RMC of Minebuster for 2017?

Land clearing around Minebuster has grown a lot, this was shot a day ago, all from outside the park!!!

314259243_Screenshot(197).thumb.png.5427561a239fba35df538af9c33b737d.png

overall shot of Skyriders plot of land and minebusters land clearing.

55594622_Screenshot(198).thumb.png.054e28f9c9048cd76530aeeca9380ec0.png

minebusters future looks threatened

1431490762_Screenshot(199).thumb.png.7adf561d6a890fdea37fc62aefa2677e.png

land clearing area has grown a lot

461049891_Screenshot(201).thumb.png.de68c30d120672278f9e8946a37a4052.png

this shows the plot of land next to the road there that has some red markers in it aswell as a better image for all the construction trailers and cargo shipment containers.

1883379913_Screenshot(202).thumb.png.91fbe39ce6c27a405e3f599f6a176508.png

construction trailers are swarming the area around Behemoths Helix.

I agree, I think Minebuster should (and will soon) go the way of Thunder Road at Carowinds -- for the sake of an improved/expanded water park. The new Cedar Fair is clearly not afraid to remove coasters to improve the overall park experience. Much like Carowinds, I can also see a dedicated water park entrance near the wave pool with a parking lot built in the giant pot of land between the water park and the freeway.

I agree, I think Minebuster should (and will soon) go the way of Thunder Road at Carowinds -- for the sake of an improved/expanded water park. The new Cedar Fair is clearly not afraid to remove coasters to improve the overall park experience. Much like Carowinds, I can also see a dedicated water park entrance near the wave pool with a parking lot built in the giant pot of land between the water park and the freeway.

We already have a massive water park and had an expansion two years ago to the waterpark

We already have a massive water park and had an expansion two years ago to the waterpark

As did Carowinds...

I think this is a 50/50 thing. I think we may get this Inverted Coaster that has been rumored or get our wingrider which also has been rumored for a longer time. So saying that it's a 50/50 thing, half of Minebusters Removal will be for the 2018 Coaster. Starting at the lift hill and by the drop will be removed for the new coaster's mid portion and turnaround. While Skyrider's land will be for the new coaster's finale and station area. While Minebuster's airtime hills and turnaround will be for a water park expansion.

Minebuster (in my opinion) wouldn't be for a water park expansion but for the replacement of Skyrider. There's a ton of land for a waterpark expansion in the water park area, and with the park being land locked using potential flat ride/ coaster land for water park could be a poor decision. You could be right but I think the forest next to the waterpark would serve as a better option, and we just had a waterpark expansion 2 years ago, and our waterpark is really really big compared to mast cedar fair parks already.

665239300_Screenshot(203).thumb.png.605ad895cf4bcb327d3df5fa649e0a9e.png

I could see a Wave Pool in place of where Minebuster's turn towards the waterpark is, a new drop-slide complex / splash fort where Skyrider was, along with a new name for the Water Park! Very similar to what Carowinds did to Boomerang Bay.

It could very well be a waterpark expansion, but I'm leaning toward a new coaster.

I'm not sure if it'll be an RMC makeover of Minebuster or a completely new coaster, but I have a feeling it'll be a launched coaster. I'm guessing the stakes around that plot of land are marking where a power station will be built (think back to thunderbird at HW, where the power station was built just down the road).