TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^We will probably not get any launched coaster because they usually have a low capacity and as you probably know, cw's attendance is massive.

Why would a launched invert have worst capacity then a chain lift. If its in the same general length of raptor to Banshee, has a mcbr, and 3 trains then it should not be effected.

^Since it is launched, the trains would have to be smaller, also they would probably only have two trains like Thunderbird. Thunderbird only has 2 trains with 5 cars with a capacity of 1,140 riders per hour and Banshee has 3 trains of 8 cars with a capacity of 1,650 riders per hour. They also both have 4 seats per car. Even though Thunderbird is a wingrider, I think that it would be around the same capacity if it was a launched inverted coaster. Also, I think that launched coasters might have a higher breakdown rate than regular coasters.

^We will probably not get any launched coaster because they usually have a low capacity and as you probably know, cw's attendance is massive.

With over 3.5 million visitors to be exact! Backlot Stunt Coaster's capacity is okay but, the line is usually long. But, I do enjoy good launched coasters so, maybe if they figure out a way to increase hourly capacity for any launched coaster, then it may be a great addition.

^Since it is launched, the trains would have to be smaller, also they would probably only have two trains like Thunderbird. Thunderbird only has 2 trains with 5 cars with a capacity of 1,140 riders per hour and Banshee has 3 trains of 8 cars with a capacity of 1,650 riders per hour. They also both have 4 seats per car. Even though Thunderbird is a wingrider, I think that it would be around the same capacity if it was a launched inverted coaster. Also, I think that launched coasters might have a higher breakdown rate than regular coasters.

The Incredible Hulk at IoA is a massive people eater. Long trains and everything. The breakdown rate however, 100% true. I haven't seen Maverick (or Incredible Hulk for that matter) be too bad, but half of a four hour wait for Top Thrill Dragster was just for down time.

Then again Intamin coasters, particularly accelerators, and any B&M are on totally different reliability levels.

I think if we get a launched invert, it would be a people eater. Holiday World isn't as big as CW, so that's probably why they run 2 trains on it. If we had 5 or 6 cars per train (3 trains) with 4 people each row, it would be a people eater. Plus I can see this thing going beyond Back lot and Mine buster to do a turn around or Cobra Roll. So it will be lengthy. 3 trains would fit nicely. So doing that math. 4 x 5 is 25, or 4 x 6 is 30 (depending on how many cars per train) and 25 x 3 = 75 or 30 x 3 = 90. It should be a people eater.

With over 3.5 million visitors to be exact! Backlot Stunt Coaster's capacity is okay but, the line is usually long. But, I do enjoy good launched coasters so, maybe if they figure out a way to increase hourly capacity for any launched coaster, then it may be a great addition.

Well CP has an equal or greater attendance scale don't they? (inference) And how many launched coasters do they have? Not one, not two, three. When I went these coasters had longer lines, I am using WT as a reference because the other launched rides are in the top 3. These lines weren't too much longer though, it shouldn't be too much of an issue and if they can increase capacity that's great.

With over 3.5 million visitors to be exact!

That's an exact number, folks.

With over 3.5 million visitors to be exact!

That's an exact number, folks.

It sure is! It's the most visited seasonal amusement park in North America!

I've seen on other treads that there is light colored (kind of a tannish orange, if you will) sitting outside the plant in Batavia. Could possibly be for a coaster at CW. I guess we will know in due time.

Right cause high attended parks like Disney Hollywood Studios, Islands of Adventure, Disney's California Adventure, Disneyland Paris, Lotte World, Universal Studios Florida, Universal Studios Hollywood, Europa Park, Nagashima Spa Land, Walt Disney Studios Paris, Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Busch Gardens Tampa, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Hersheypark, Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Port Aventura, and Cedar Point don't have launched coasters.

Heck Canada's Wonderland already has a launched coaster (Backlot) so why can't they have another?

Interesting, seems like this proves Wonderland is a test park. http://www.iaapa.org/news/funworld/funworld-magazine/cedar-fair-writes-a-new-book---april-2016

If you've read the article properly, you'd know that it's just a marketing research team that was sent to Canada's Wonderland for only that park specifically. It really won't affect the other parks that much.

It was just a coincidence that Thunder Run was the test bed for CF's VR experience. Since Mack was doing all of their VR testing at Europa Park, it was easy for them to bring it over to Thunder Run for CF to test out since it's one of their coasters and they just modeled one of the VR experiences to fit to Thunder Run's layout. That was pretty much the only reason why that was tried out on Thunder Run.

Kings Island is actually the true test park for the chain, in both technology and benefits. Lots of "prototype" programs first got their start out at Kings Island, such as FastLane, and the new mobile apps that are rolling out this year. It's also why Kings Island also gets some of the more fancier tech stuff too, such as the interactive park map screens. Some programs, like the season pass benefit program they had a couple years ago, never ended up working out so it was cancelled.

It's why it's important to do some of those surveys the parks send out via email, or have you fill out at the park. It's how they know what they need to improve on, or what the market is expecting the park to do next. Without those, it's hard to figure out what the guests think the park needs to improve upon.