TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

All done and super small in that part of the park. It's about the same height of Dragon Fires lift.

There are about 8-10 construction trailers that have looked to appear last week and now this week are in use. It's a lot of construction trailers so I'm not sure let the 2017 season speculation begin

OH AND FREE WIFI!!!!!!

I would just like to mention that the third photo in your post was originally posted on Canada's Wonderland's Facebook page on March 11th. Also, that photo was posted on an earlier post. Another thing I would like to point out is that Skyhawk's tower is fully up now, so there are no more tower pieces to be put up.

All done and super small in that part of the park. It's about the same height of Dragon Fires lift.

There are about 8-10 construction trailers that have looked to appear last week and now this week are in use. It's a lot of construction trailers so I'm not sure let the 2017 season speculation begin

OH AND FREE WIFI!!!!!!

Ziz confirmed!

#2017 #TakethatCP #AvengeSkyrider

OH AND FREE WIFI!!!!!!

Ziz confirmed!

No I didn't say that lol.. there are many projects still underway for 2016 they could be for. Juts saw Skyriders plot of land from a CWMania update and its fully grown grass and untouched.

12795069_10153609742338924_618960204407964117_o.thumb.jpg.5df91ae22cb8ad712b466ea4d647212d.jpg

update from Canada's Wonderlands Facebook page just now, wings are attached and the ride looks ready, just landscaping to do.

Is Skyhawk a taller version of the standard Gerstlauer Sky Roller? That aerial photo makes it look like it might be.

Yes, Skyhawk is 115 feet in height. It, along with the new Sky Roller at Liseberg are the tallest Sky Rollers to date. The standard height is 59 feet.

OH AND FREE WIFI!!!!!!

Ziz confirmed!

No I didn't say that lol.. there are many projects still underway for 2016 they could be for. Juts saw Skyriders plot of land from a CWMania update and its fully grown grass and untouched.

Doesn't explain the digging near Minebuster and behemoth.

OH AND FREE WIFI!!!!!!

Ziz confirmed!

But it looks like they are clearing grass off at the other side of the path. Maybe we see a station there and the rest of the ride will fly over Vortex and into Skyrider's plot of land

OH AND FREE WIFI!!!!!!

Ziz confirmed!

But it looks like they are clearing grass off at the other side of the path. Maybe we see a station there and the rest of the ride will fly over Vortex and into Skyrider's plot of land

Nah that was for electrical work for the control booth for SkyHawk. They would never build a coaster on top of the best viewing spot for the fireworks.

Honest prediction here, 2018 is our year. 2017 is probably Knotts Berry Farm and Californias Great America year.

OH AND FREE WIFI!!!!!!

Ziz confirmed!

OH AND FREE WIFI!!!!!!

Ziz confirmed!

The land clearing on the left was to hook Skyhawk up to the underground utilities.

OH AND FREE WIFI!!!!!!

Ziz confirmed!

Nah that was for electrical work for the control booth for SkyHawk. They would never build a coaster on top of the best viewing spot for the fireworks.

Honest prediction here, 2018 is our year. 2017 is probably Knotts Berry Farm and Californias Great America year.

I wonder if any park will "steal" CW's 2018 addition.

OH AND FREE WIFI!!!!!!

Ziz confirmed!

I wonder if any park will "steal" CW's 2018 addition.

Let's treat cw like an individual park, let's not worry what other cedar fair parks get.

I think that it does not impact anything, and that cedar fair only cares about certain parks like Cedar Point. But we should definitively get a new coaster for 2017. II remember back when I was playing a cedar point park for rct2, and then I checked Cedar Point's website, and I saw that gatekeeper was comming for next year. I thought: great, Now CP basicly has everything, so they will probably not get another coaster for at least 4-5 years, and then sure enough they are getting another massive one way before that. And even though I was dissapointed last year that CP was getting a new coaster and CW was not, I tried to think of it as individual parks that do not have any connection to each other.

CF operates a business and places attractions where they receive the quickest and best ROI. Some parks like Point merit new large additions every 2-3 years because of their attendance, fastlane sales and almost immediate ROI. Remember there are whole departments for the company that research what the parks need. This "everyone deserves a trophy" or in the enthusiasts mindset of "we're due a new coaster" or "CF owes us a new coaster" is simply not how it works. Each park will get one when R&D and corporate decides the time is right.

CF operates a business and places attractions where they receive the quickest and best ROI. Some parks like Point merit new large additions every 2-3 years because of their attendance, fastlane sales and almost immediate ROI. Remember there are whole departments for the company that research what the parks need. This "everyone deserves a trophy" or in the enthusiasts mindset of "we're due a new coaster" or "CF owes us a new coaster" is simply not how it works. Each park will get one when R&D and corporate decides the time is right.

No, you don't understand. Some of those parks have anniversary years coming up and they've been neglected by the chain.

I'll clarify that this is sarcasm because as dumb as my post is there are people that will legitimately say and believe what I just said.

No, you don't understand. Some of those parks have anniversary years coming up and they've been neglected by the chain.

I'll clarify that this is sarcasm because as dumb as my post is there are people that will legitimately say and believe what I just said.

I assumed when KD got singing mushrooms for their 40th that the "Anniversary = Coaster" theory would be put to rest...

From what I've heard from the General Manager of Worlds of Fun, here is how new expansions go:

-Most of the time the park decides the coaster, not Cedar Fair.

-Park gets expansion budget directly correlated to how the park did the previous year, unless Cedar Fair feels expansion would be necessary for growth.

-Anniversary years literally mean nothing expansion-wise.

-Park gets expansion budget directly correlated to how the park did the previous year, unless Cedar Fair feels expansion would be necessary for growth.

Not saying he didn't say these things or that it's wrong, but since MOST not all, but most coasters take 2+ years to plan, design, etc. This statement may be a little...twist of the truth. Again, I fell like this applies to things like flats, new shows, and general park cap ex. But the amount of planning and design for a new coaster isn't necessarily budgeted from the previous year.

I think that it does not impact anything, and that cedar fair only cares about certain parks like Cedar Point. But we should definitively get a new coaster for 2017. II remember back when I was playing a cedar point park for rct2, and then I checked Cedar Point's website, and I saw that gatekeeper was comming for next year. I thought: great, Now CP basicly has everything, so they will probably not get another coaster for at least 4-5 years, and then sure enough they are getting another massive one way before that. And even though I was dissapointed last year that CP was getting a new coaster and CW was not, I tried to think of it as individual parks that do not have any connection to each other.

Your argument doesn't make sense to me. you are saying CW deserves a coaster in 2016 and not CP because they got GK in 2013 but since CW got Leviathan in 2012 it is the same story and it sort of muttles your point. Could you please explain why it needs to be CW and not CP? Both parks already have a lot but CP pulls in the attendance to get the new rides.

Here's a wild idea. How about we go back to the days when the park and its core experience were solid enough to keep guests coming back, regardless of how long it had been since a major addition? There are plenty of parks that I've been to, large and small, that I would absolutely go to again even if they were exactly the same as they were several years ago.

^I just meant that CP had a complete coaster collection after they got gatekeeper (in my opinion). And that CW could use one more coaster to have a solid coaster collection.

No park, anywhere, for the entirety of human existence, will ever have a "complete" collection of anything. Because, regardless of what they do, there will always be people that will complain, and additions that seemed new and exciting will eventually become old and dull, and the needs of new generations of guests will need to be addressed. If Cedar Point had a "complete" coaster collection we wouldn't be hearing everyone shout, "OMG RMC MEAN STREAK". If Canada's Wonderland had a "complete" collection no one would care about "Ziz". If Busch Gardens Williamsburg had a "complete" collection we wouldn't be arguing about height restrictions.