TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I'm interested to see how this ride turns out. Cedar Fair hasn't really bought from Gerstlauer much at all; I'd love to see more of their flats at CF parks.

If it is anything like the one at Cedar point...it should be quite good fun, especially for parents taking their kids. If the wind is blowing right and you get the "sail" angle in the right position you can get some nice height.

BTW 14 degrees centigrade today....Wonderland could almost have had winter opening this year!!

I'm interested to see how this ride turns out. Cedar Fair hasn't really bought from Gerstlauer much at all; I'd love to see more of their flats at CF parks.

If it is anything like the one at Cedar point...it should be quite good fun, especially for parents taking their kids. If the wind is blowing right and you get the "sail" angle in the right position you can get some nice height.

BTW 14 degrees centigrade today....Wonderland could almost have had winter opening this year!!

I believe thrillseeker4552 was referring to Skyhawk, the Gerstlauer Sky Roller. But, Flying Eagles (Larson Flying Scooters) will also be a nice addition to the park. They're quite fun as I was able to experience Dorney Park's Cedar Creek Flyers which were new last year and I greatly enjoyed them as they give a slightly backwards ride at times which makes the ride slightly more intense!

Hi guys, I'm planning to visit CW this June and not having been there I went through POV videos on Youtube and prioritised the rides as per below.

You will probably get the idea of what kind of ride I prefer from the list - that said, I may have missed some good stuff so it would be appreciated if you guys can make recommendations and reasons why.

1. Leviathan

2. Dragon Fire, Time Warp, Behemoth, Vortex

3. Wild Beast

4. Wonder Mountain's Guardian, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flight Deck, The Bat

5. Skyhawk

6. Thunder Run, Mighty Canadian Minebuster,

and maybe The Fly

Cheers,

Sam

Hi guys, I'm planning to visit CW this June and not having been there I went through POV videos on Youtube and prioritised the rides as per below.

You will probably get the idea of what kind of ride I prefer from the list - that said, I may have missed some good stuff so it would be appreciated if you guys can make recommendations and reasons why.

1. Leviathan

2. Dragon Fire, Time Warp, Behemoth, Vortex

3. Wild Beast

4. Wonder Mountain's Guardian, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flight Deck, The Bat

5. Skyhawk

6. Thunder Run, Mighty Canadian Minebuster,

and maybe The Fly

Cheers,

Sam

I would suggest going on Mighty Canadian Minebuster before Wild beast as Wild beast is the rougher of the two, unless you enjoy really rough wooden coasters. I would also suggest that you ride The Fly as it's a very fun Mack Rides Large Park Model Wild Mouse and can give some great airtime on the first hill. Many people see it as a kiddie coaster but, it's not. You may also want to consider Ghoster Coaster if you have time as it's a fun family wooden coaster that has great airtime if you can get the back seat. But, your list looks pretty good as to what rides you'll ride at certain times. But, it all depends on what day of the week and also the weather as to how busy the park will be when you go. If you go on a weekday in June, all the rides will be walk-on's as all the kids are still in school. But, there may be some schools visiting for band competitions but, that event doesn't make the park crowded. But, if you're going on a weekend (with nice weather) I would suggest riding the coasters in this order:

1. Leviathan

2. Vortex

3. Thunder Run

4. The Bat

5. The Fly

6. Wonder Mountain's Guardian

7.Behemoth

8. Backlot Stunt Coaster

9. Mighty Canadian Minebuster

10.Dragon Fire

11. Time Warp

12. Flight Deck

13. Wild Beast

14. Ghoster Coaster

But, if you want to get on Skyhawk which is the new Gerstlauer Sky Roller opening this May, I would suggest either getting on it first thing or later in the day when the line begins to die down in the late afternoon on the weekends. But, if you're going on a weekday, you should be able to get on anytime of the day, along with any other rides that are in the park that you didn't mention.

If you have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

I agree with JohnLLoyd....and I would add the flat ride "Sledgehammer" to your list...as it is good fun.

Guardian does not have any fastpass entrance...so it is one to do earlier in the day as the line gets quite long (and they still haven't addressed the queue structure).

Other than that...your list is as good as any. Enjoy!

I agree with JohnLLoyd....and I would add the flat ride "Sledgehammer" to your list...as it is good fun.

Guardian does not have any fastpass entrance...so it is one to do earlier in the day as the line gets quite long (and they still haven't addressed the queue structure).

Other than that...your list is as good as any. Enjoy!

Yes, adding Sledgehammer to the list is a great idea as it's a very fun thrill ride with a high capacity so, the wait time is very minimal. Also, last year was the best it had operated in years. It was operating during my 11 visits to the park last year. Also, right beside Sledgehammer is Psyclone. It's a very fun Mondial Revolution with some great forces and airtime! You may want to consider giving it a try. Also ul9601, if you enjoy riding drop towers, you may want to check out Drop Tower. It may not be the tallest Intamin drop tower but, it's quite enjoyable with a total height of 227 feet. Also, if you're into classic rides, you may want to check out Orbiter (North America's last Huss Giant Enterprise) and Nightmares (North America's last Huss UFO). The majority of the rides at Canada's Wonderland can be found at other parks but, I would suggest riding the rare ones if you have time in your schedule to do so.

Right thanks guys - I'm getting a bit of hate from other discussion threads (I'm planning a road trip covering 10 parks) as I've been asking the same question in the other threads also - some are thinly veiled sarcasm, others outright "you are dumb" type deal.

Right thanks guys - I'm getting a bit of hate from other discussion threads (I'm planning a road trip covering 10 parks) as I've been asking the same question in the other threads also - some are thinly veiled sarcasm, others outright "you are dumb" type deal.

That's quite unfortunate that you're getting not so appreciated responses. Hopefully you find the information you're looking for! What other parks do you plan on visiting?

That's quite unfortunate that you're getting not so appreciated responses. Hopefully you find the information you're looking for! What other parks do you plan on visiting?

maybe I should treat my canadian colleagues a bit better, as you guys are being so nice to me...

SFMM, CP, KI, SFGAvd, SFNE, HP, DP, BGW, KD - are these the acronyms you use?

maybe I should treat my canadian colleagues a bit better, as you guys are being so nice to me...

SFMM, CP, KI, SFGAvd, SFNE, HP, DP, BGW, KD - are these the acronyms you use?

Yes, they're acronyms I'd use when referring to the parks even though I've only been to Kings Island and Dorney Park out of the list above so far. If you have any questions about the parks, please feel free PM me!

Sam, you should try Guardian too, but just don't waste time in a long line. If the line isn't too long, then give it a try. I'd like to hear your opinion of it.

You can PM me if you'd like to chat, you too John.

I'll tell you where I went last summer.

Sam, you should try Guardian too, but just don't waste time in a long line. If the line isn't too long, then give it a try. I'd like to hear your opinion of it.

You can PM me if you'd like to chat, you too John.

I'll tell you where I went last summer.

you mean wonder mountain guardian? it's in the list, so i'll definitely try that

I thought Vortex, Leviathan and Behemoth were the best rides in the park by an enormous margin. The other coasters are a major step down (though most are still lots of fun).

Time Warp, Flight Deck and Minebuster are truly horrendous rides though. Some of the worst coasters I've ever had the misfortune of riding.

As some have said the park has a great collection of flat rides, check them out of you can.

I thought Vortex, Leviathan and Behemoth were the best rides in the park by an enormous margin. The other coasters are a major step down (though most are still lots of fun).

Time Warp, Flight Deck and Minebuster are truly horrendous rides though. Some of the worst coasters I've ever had the misfortune of riding.

As some have said the park has a great collection of flat rides, check them out of you can.

I would have to say that Wild Beast is more horrendous than Mighty Canadian Minebuster. But yes, Flight Deck and time Warp are not enjoyable.

I would have to say that Wild Beast is more horrendous than Mighty Canadian Minebuster. But yes, Flight Deck and time Warp are not enjoyable.

Lol, Am I "The Chosen One" or something? Because it seems like I am one of the very few that loves and can handle Flight Deck and Time Warp. I seem the enjoy them a lot.

you mean wonder mountain guardian? it's in the list, so i'll definitely try that

Nope, that's not what he means.

oh right - i'd better check the list again, CW website is down at the moment though.

by the way, i didn't really look through non-coaster rides...

Lol, Am I "The Chosen One" or something? Because it seems like I am one of the very few that loves and can handle Flight Deck and Time Warp. I seem the enjoy them a lot.

Your not the only one. Sure id rather a b&m invert over flight deck but its really not that rough and does pack a good punch. As for time warp i dont get it. That rides got everything air speed inversions and good turns. Not to mention i think its smooth and very comfortable to lay down. For me its one of my favorite rides in the park.

You know, I actually rather like Flight Deck. I know it's just another Vekoma SLC, but I like the different elements of it and I like how it's "confined" to a small landscape. I also like Backlot Stunt Coaster. It's nothing grand but its fun.

Hey all, sorry to interrupt all the fun off-season ramblings, just had a quick question that I can't find info on elsewhere.

Last October, while I was in Canada, I picked up a Season Pass (it was $5 more and, since I was buying with American currency, basically silly not to) for the 2016 year. Now, I might be going back to CW this year, but my home park is Knott's, so it makes more sense to have a pass that covers both. Is there any way I can upgrade my SP to a Platinum? Further, is there a way I can do that without being there (Canada)?

Thanks!

Hey all, sorry to interrupt all the fun off-season ramblings, just had a quick question that I can't find info on elsewhere.

Last October, while I was in Canada, I picked up a Season Pass (it was $5 more and, since I was buying with American currency, basically silly not to) for the 2016 year. Now, I might be going back to CW this year, but my home park is Knott's, so it makes more sense to have a pass that covers both. Is there any way I can upgrade my SP to a Platinum? Further, is there a way I can do that without being there (Canada)?

Thanks!

You might be able to do it at Knott's Berry Farm. But, you may want to contact them to see if you can upgrade your 2016 Canada's Wonderland pass to a platinum pass. Also, you should try contacting Canada's Wonderland because you may be able to upgrade your 2016 season pass to a platinum pass online. Hopefully these suggestions help.