TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Hi guys! I haven't been to any good roller coaster parks outside of my home park, SFGA near Chicago. I had the opportunity to extend a business trip an extra day and check out this Canada's Wonderland. I was in Toronto this past Wed-Sat. First, Toronto was a lot of fun! I was staying downtown. First night was NHL opening night, then baseball playoffs two nights, then hockey again. They city was lively to say the least, and I had a great time.

I went to CW Saturday, and had to leave by 3 to catch my flight. I knew it wasn't a lot of time, but wanted a chance to at least ride Leviathan and Behemoth. I was not disappointed. I first hit Flight Deck. Walk on, and rode twice. It would be an awesome ride if it wasn't so rough. I went over and Behemoth was walk on too! I ended up riding that 4 times. Great coaster, good drop, good action afterwards. I wish it wouldn't break so much right before the airtime hills though. Hit MCM, which was a little rough but fun. I then went over to Leviathan, and the wait was only about 15 mins! I rode it 5 times in a row. This thing is 50% bigger than any coaster I have been on. The speed is incredible, and the drop is awesome. I wish it has a little more airtime, but the rest of the ride is cool. I then hit Wild beast, Dragon Fire, Leviathan again, and the Bat. I wanted to try Vortex, but didn't leave enough time. Overall I'm really glad I checked out CW. It's a great park, and you guys have some awesome rides.

I wanted to try Vortex, but didn't leave enough time. Overall I'm really glad I checked out CW. It's a great park, and you guys have some awesome rides.

Wait you missed Vortex because you were riding Flight Deck twice? Hopefully you get a chance to go back and ride it, it's easily one of the top 3 rides in the park.

Glad you had fun though and welcome to TPR.

It is nice to see our home park through a visitor's eyes. Sometimes we take for granted what we have.

I'll trade you Flight Deck for Whizzer, or even just a 'player to be named later...'

=> "It would be an awesome ride if it wasn't so rough.": Because SLC headbanger!

Hi guys! I haven't been to any good roller coaster parks outside of my home park, SFGA near Chicago. I had the opportunity to extend a business trip an extra day and check out this Canada's Wonderland. I was in Toronto this past Wed-Sat. First, Toronto was a lot of fun! I was staying downtown. First night was NHL opening night, then baseball playoffs two nights, then hockey again. They city was lively to say the least, and I had a great time.

I went to CW Saturday, and had to leave by 3 to catch my flight. I knew it wasn't a lot of time, but wanted a chance to at least ride Leviathan and Behemoth. I was not disappointed. I first hit Flight Deck. Walk on, and rode twice. It would be an awesome ride if it wasn't so rough. I went over and Behemoth was walk on too! I ended up riding that 4 times. Great coaster, good drop, good action afterwards. I wish it wouldn't break so much right before the airtime hills though. Hit MCM, which was a little rough but fun. I then went over to Leviathan, and the wait was only about 15 mins! I rode it 5 times in a row. This thing is 50% bigger than any coaster I have been on. The speed is incredible, and the drop is awesome. I wish it has a little more airtime, but the rest of the ride is cool. I then hit Wild beast, Dragon Fire, Leviathan again, and the Bat. I wanted to try Vortex, but didn't leave enough time. Overall I'm really glad I checked out CW. It's a great park, and you guys have some awesome rides.

Whoa, did you actually score tickets to a Leaf's game? One of the items on my bucket list is to take the train up to Toronto and see the Leafs play in the ACC.

One of the items on my bucket list is to take the train up to Toronto and see the Leafs play in the ACC.

Leafs Nation! Ya gotta believe! (because watching them actually play is painful)

wow that is some bucket list item. I'd hate to see the rest. does it involve marathoning a SLC headbanger?

Why don't you take a road trip to Chicago, hit Great America and watch a real hockey team!

One of the items on my bucket list is to take the train up to Toronto and see the Leafs play in the ACC.

Leafs Nation! Ya gotta believe! (because watching them actually play is painful)

wow that is some bucket list item. I'd hate to see the rest. does it involve marathoning a SLC headbanger?

Why don't you take a road trip to Chicago, hit Great America and watch a real hockey team!

It's gotta be the Leafs. I'd rather watch them play than ride Flight Deck. This is their year. With the Cubs still in the pennant race, anything could happen, except the Mad Cows (Sabres) making the playoffs. Leafs first, then maybe Chicago for Great America, A Blackhawks' game and a few cold ones at the Chicago Hofbrauhaus. Besides, you have to respect a fan base that chants "Go Leafs Go!" at Bills games.

The last Bills game I went to I sat in the end zone among a group that had come down from Toronto on a bus. One guy in front of us had smuggled at least a six pack of Canadian down the back of his down-filled vest and shared them out during the game. We were the soberest people in the section, and the "Go Leafs Go" chant started sometime in the 3rd quarter after it was clear the Bills had no chance of winning. They were friendly enough, though thoroughly intoxicated. Actually, it made the game more entertaining and tolerable.

The last Bills game I went to I sat in the end zone among a group that had come down from Toronto on a bus. One guy in front of us had smuggled at least a six pack of Canadian down the back of his down-filled vest and shared them out during the game. We were the soberest people in the section, and the "Go Leafs Go" chant started sometime in the 3rd quarter after it was clear the Bills had no chance of winning. They were friendly enough, though thoroughly intoxicated. Actually, it made the game more entertaining and tolerable.

The last time I sat in the end zone below the old scoreboard, one Canadian fan had brought in a gallon Ziploc bag of Crown Royal and was passing it around to whoever wanted (or dared) to drink out of it. This was back when you were allowed to bring in those plastic horns, so people were dumping it down the horn and basically doing funnel shots of whiskey. I think the Bills were getting their asses beat (what else is new) so people were finding other ways of entertaining themselves. Not sure if it gets quite that raucous anymore as it has been many years since I have been to a game.

I don't get the "Go Leafs Go" chants at the Bills or Sabres games. I can see if the Leafs are playing the Sabres at First Niagara, but the rest of the time it just seems kinda silly and obnoxious.

Getting back on topic to Wonderland, curious for those that have gone to Haunt this year, what would be your point form best and worst of the event?

Highs:

Spirit Manor

Ruins

Skeleton Key in Streets of the Undead

Mediums:

Sink the Jerk

Toxicity

Lows:

Club Blood

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice job. Is it located in the "Wild Beast" spot?

I am sure it has been discussed before, is there any merit to RMC ing Minebuster or Wild Beast? I have yet to experience actually going on one yet (I hope to make Iron Rattler my first next year). Would those coasters lend themselves to actually being a good layout? Do Cedar fair have any contracts with RMC as I am unaware of any parks in the chain that have used them yet?

I've been working on a RMC concept for this park for a few months now and I finally finished it. Let me know what you think!

This makes me think of a wooden I305. Very nice job. One of the better fan made RMC's I've seen! It actually looks like a legit layout RMC would do for a park!