TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Plus if Cedar Point gets a new coaster in 2016 then CW should definitely get a new one.

That logic doesn't compute.

Sounds like the park will be getting a coaster though, and they should. Another high capacity B&M, so I'd assume Ziz is going to be a Wing Coaster. Cedar Fair really has done right by this park. Just wish I didn't wait to take my trip up there, now I"ll have to wait until 2017.

Although the name makes sense, I still think it sounds incredibly stupid and the brings the intimidation factor to 1/10

I don't feel that a name makes any difference to the actual coaster itself. I am not going to choose NOT to ride something because I don't like the name of it...pretty sure the manufacturers and theme park knows that aswell.

I would like to see if a manufacturer or park one day would have the gumption (or sense of humour) to build some launched inverted 300 ft giga dive coaster with an RMC section etc and name it something like "Fluffy" or "Golden labrador puppy". See what the GP makes of that!

Although the name makes sense, I still think it sounds incredibly stupid and the brings the intimidation factor to 1/10

I don't feel that a name makes any difference to the actual coaster itself. I am not going to choose NOT to ride something because I don't like the name of it...pretty sure the manufacturers and theme park knows that aswell.

I would like to see if a manufacturer or park one day would have the gumption (or sense of humour) to build some launched inverted 300 ft giga dive coaster with an RMC section etc and name it something like "Fluffy" or "Golden labrador puppy". See what the GP makes of that!

They'd complain about an airtime hill they could have added after the 300 foot vertical drop

This is unrelated to anything but the last 2 posts reminded me of something...

When we were at the park we noticed the ride ops constantly mention Leviathan's "306 ft Drop" and Behemoth's "230 ft drop" (or whatever the exact drop height is... I know the ride height is 230). What's interesting about this of course is that everywhere else in Canada everything was measured in meters and any time we went anywhere where this came into play (The Skylon in Niagara Falls, the Niagara Skywheel, the CN Tower) everyone bragged about the height in meters.

I acknowledge that this really doesn't matter at all but I'm curious... the only reasoning I could come up with for Canada's Wonderland doing this is because big round numbers like "over 200 feet" and "over 300 feet" sound cool and intimidating. Is this basically the reasoning here? Again... I know this is a pointless, stupid question but I found it interesting and now I'm curious. lol

^Probably due to it being an American chain that operates the park , as well as the fact that although Canada's official system is metric, many people use a mix of the Canadian and American systems. For example, I always measure distances in meters/km, but usually for speeds and heights of rides, ft & mph usually make more sense to me.

Not to get off topic, but how are the Saturday October crowds? A group of us are looking to take our first trip to the park and we're wondering whether we should get Fast Lane wristbands or not. We want to hit every coaster before the park closes!! Also, is there a certain itinerary we should follow? I've only been to the Six Flags Halloween events and know that the weekends get busy! I'd appreciate any insight

Not to get off topic, but how are the Saturday October crowds? A group of us are looking to take our first trip to the park and we're wondering whether we should get Fast Lane wristbands or not. We want to hit every coaster before the park closes!! Also, is there a certain itinerary we should follow

If the last couple of years are anything to go by, the weekend October crowds are VERY manageable, and if the weather is cooler, a LARGE percentage of rides are walk on. This has been my experience the last two years (especially in the mornings), so Fast pass could be a decision on the day option..shouldn't really need to book it beforehand. It gets VERY busy in the afternoon/evenings in the run up to Halloween but not so much early in the month. If you arrive first thing for park opening you will definitely have a good couple of hours before it gets even remotely busy. In a way you should HOPE for cold weather as that seems to keep a lot of the GP away!

As for itinerary...everyone has their own opinion.....personally my only guide is to do the Guardian first, as it does not have fastpass options, can be temperamental and has an awkward queue if it gets too long (outside the mountain!). Apart from that...if the park is quiet, you can get everthing done pretty easily. Leviathan is a good start point (outwith Guardian) as it puts you in a good area geographically to work around the park in either direction. If you start at the other side (Flight Deck and Time Warp)...you are starting with two of the...shall we say not so popular..rides in the park and it can be pretty off putting getting slammed around on Flight deck first up!!

Don't forget to try the flat rides as CW has a pretty good selection of those. If Sledge hammer is working...I would thoroughly recommend it.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Not to get off topic, but how are the Saturday October crowds? A group of us are looking to take our first trip to the park and we're wondering whether we should get Fast Lane wristbands or not. We want to hit every coaster before the park closes!! Also, is there a certain itinerary we should follow

If the last couple of years are anything to go by, the weekend October crowds are VERY manageable, and if the weather is cooler, a LARGE percentage of rides are walk on. This has been my experience the last two years (especially in the mornings), so Fast pass could be a decision on the day option..shouldn't really need to book it beforehand. It gets VERY busy in the afternoon/evenings in the run up to Halloween but not so much early in the month. If you arrive first thing for park opening you will definitely have a good couple of hours before it gets even remotely busy. In a way you should HOPE for cold weather as that seems to keep a lot of the GP away!

As for itinerary...everyone has their own opinion.....personally my only guide is to do the Guardian first, as it does not have fastpass options, can be temperamental and has an awkward queue if it gets too long (outside the mountain!). Apart from that...if the park is quiet, you can get everthing done pretty easily. Leviathan is a good start point (outwith Guardian) as it puts you in a good area geographically to work around the park in either direction. If you start at the other side (Flight Deck and Time Warp)...you are starting with two of the...shall we say not so popular..rides in the park and it can be pretty off putting getting slammed around on Flight deck first up!!

Don't forget to try the flat rides as CW has a pretty good selection of those. If Sledge hammer is working...I would thoroughly recommend it.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Thank you so much for your help!!! Hoping it's somewhat cold when we go!!

Not to get off topic, but how are the Saturday October crowds? A group of us are looking to take our first trip to the park and we're wondering whether we should get Fast Lane wristbands or not. We want to hit every coaster before the park closes!! Also, is there a certain itinerary we should follow? I've only been to the Six Flags Halloween events and know that the weekends get busy! I'd appreciate any insight

I got a platinum pass this year, so i have been in the habit of showing up early and riding a few hours and then leaving to do other things when it gets busy. I might actually do this on saturday if you want to meet up for a bit send me an email. I also like to build up to the bigger coasters and not just hit the biggest one first.

I usually try to hit the lower capacity rides when it is early and less busy. I would go up the right side of the mountain and hit Thunder run, The Fly (wild mouse coaster), maybe Clockwerks (huss swing around), then over to vortexx (arrow suspended). You could do guardian, or wait unti the hot part of mid day to get out of the sun.

You can then go to the behemoth side and ride time warp (zamperla volare with really low capacity but crappy ride), Flight Deck (SLC HeadBanger), back to Back lot stunt coaster (premier lim launched - themeing), Behemoth then Orbiter (one of few remaining Huss Giant Enterprise) , Sledge hammer, Psyclone (mondial top spin?), over to Mighty Canadian Minebuster (out and back woodie with brutal hexagonal helix)

or you can go to Leviathan side and do The Bat (vekoma boomerang) Wilde Beast (woodie, partly repaired first drop) Night Mares (hussUFO), Leviathan, The rage (pirate ship), Spinovator (spinning buckets), Dragon Fyre (arrow looper), Rip Tide

Probably don't need flash pass, but i don't know. if it gets busy i just go home and come back another day.

Going tomorrow to the park on a school trip and the weather doesn't look great. My question is when do they start shutting rides down due to wind, they are calling between 40-60 km/h wind tomorrow. Wind Seeker will most likely be down if this is the case, but what about the other rides?

Going tomorrow to the park on a school trip and the weather doesn't look great. My question is when do they start shutting rides down due to wind, they are calling between 40-60 km/h wind tomorrow. Wind Seeker will most likely be down if this is the case, but what about the other rides?

Since Leviathan valleyed somewhat recently, I wouldn't be surprised if they shut it down at like 20km/hr winds.

Small update,

There is a small hole dug next to Skyriders location along Timber wolfs Path, more another tree was removed on Skyriders plot, this time a massive one. Splash works was blocked off even the locker area, despite us thinking it may stay open in that area since the place is blocked off with the new entrance already. A spray painted marking +L4L appeared on the skyrider path.

12033795_10155993912450447_1005079940_n.jpg.6c55178bcf2e75e2dac65ea8c51d6e1d.jpg

+L4L

12025501_10155993912505447_1853777123_n.jpg.2d446ec3e76735173b887c69d3a3cf4b.jpg

small hole didn't realise I captured such a bad picture of it

868210487_12041731_10155993912335447_636095629_n(1).thumb.jpg.e18e4e4446323e9942bc69c3e5551095.jpg

big tree removed on skyriders plot of land, every weekend more trees are gone

12048783_10155993912375447_1860713504_n.jpg.63d0f927f77c23ec01b9ff21f0a706f1.jpg

bushes and trees removed, replaced by cheap plants..

12041955_10155993912465447_1205350876_n.jpg.0155d55907adc4b7bc8de56ac94f09db.jpg

big wall put up to block off the already blocked off splash works lol

12023086_10155993912550447_2012188619_n.thumb.jpg.93ee5cf9f4c084b08f6845813b2a9568.jpg

lockers blocked off too

Hey guys, looking for your experienced input...

I'mg going to take my 6 year old son on a Saturday within the next few weeks, and am wondering if you think all of Plane Snoopy and Kidzville can be done in a day given their limited hours. I was hoping to squeeze in a few other rides throughout the park.

Also, has anyone done Dinosaurs Alive? Is it worth it for a kid who's into dinosaurs, and how long would it take to go through it?

Thanks.

I'mg going to take my 6 year old son on a Saturday within the next few weeks, and am wondering if you think all of Plane Snoopy and Kidzville can be done in a day given their limited hours. I was hoping to squeeze in a few other rides throughout the park.

Also, has anyone done Dinosaurs Alive? Is it worth it for a kid who's into dinosaurs, and how long would it take to go through it?

My son is 7 years old, and I can say for SURE that both Planet Snoopy and Kidzville can be done in a day with plenty of time to do other attractions with him (try Thunder run or even the Guardian as that is do able for a six year old). I usually start in Kidsville and move through to Planet Snoopy but there is no right or wrong way. We usually do "silver streak" first, as that is often a "first time" coaster for some kids so the line can grow even on quiet days. Other than that I don't have any advice that you won't find on just going and enjoying the areas.

We have done Dinosaurs alive and it actually isn't too bad. I know it is not everyones cup of tea, and some people do object to paying extra for it. I find however, when you have children who are interested (mine is) it is very interesting, well done and you can take as long or little time as you choose. The dinosaur animatronics are not too bad (better than MOST museums), there are areas to learn, buttons to push to make the dinosaurs move, the larger models are pretty cool and the predator dinosaurs always get the young ones going when they roar. It is a nice distraction if you want to get away from the park hubbub for any length of time. The length of time you stay there is dependent on you and your son...there will be no "time" as such.

Have a great day at the park.

Haunt is coming up and it's the only thing on my mind right now, I'm the 3rd I'm pumped. I was looking at the maze line up and was a little disappointed to see that Clowns at Midnight was gone. I then thought about some successful mazes at Haunt and some failures. Some successes are Corn Stalkers, Asylum, Clowns. Some failures were Iron Empire, Terror of London (2011). I then though about what would the best maze line up look like (being limited to 10 mazes). This is my list.

- Corn Stalkers (2005-Present).

- Blood on the Bayou (2010-2013).

- Clowns at Midnight (2007-2015).

- Miners Revenge (2007-2012).

- The Asylum (2007-Present).

- Slaughter Mill (2007-2009).

- Sci-Fi House (2013-Present).

- The Ruins (2013-Present).

- Kingdom of Carnage (2008-2013).

- Red Beards Rage (2008-2013).

There are a couple that were considered at nearly made the list (Blood Shed, Streets of the Undead). Next year I hope Club Blood, Terror of London get the boot because those ones are probably the worst out of the ten. I'm optimistic about Spirit Manor it's pretty much brining back Massacre Manor, a retired maze. I hope Canada's Wonderland discontinues this pattern of bringing back old mazes and create new mazes. Let bygones be bygones.

I'm taking a friend who is visiting from Germany and she wants to go during Hallowe'en Haunt even though we won't be doing any of the Hallowe'en events. We're going on Oct 16. If we get a fast pass do you think there is enough time to go on all the coasters and thrill rides in the five hours the park is open? We'd do Guardian and the Bat first because of their queue system.

I'm taking a friend who is visiting from Germany and she wants to go during Hallowe'en Haunt even though we won't be doing any of the Hallowe'en events. We're going on Oct 16. If we get a fast pass do you think there is enough time to go on all the coasters and thrill rides in the five hours the park is open? We'd do Guardian and the Bat first because of their queue system.

If you go on a Saturday or Sunday the park is still open during the day which will give you a couple extra hours and probably some smaller crowds

I went last year to the Halloween haunt thing for the first time ever and I was really disappointed. By the time the night was over I had spent around 500 bucks for me and my family with food, gas, tickets and all that for two mazes cuz the park was packed. Yay.