TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Personally think there way too much going on in the splash works area to get nothing next year. Also, the press release announcing Skyrider's removal stated that building its replacement would be multi year project.

Think we'll see a splash works expansion or flat in 2016, with a coaster in 2017.

Im going to go back to my original rumor as it seems to have been true from a source on here

Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland swapped coaster years due to a last minute decision. What is going in next year has not even been planned yet but something is coming. Also this source pointed out hey everyone is so vocal about the sprinkler system that went in but no one noticed the yellow and white flags marking the elctrical work that went in as well ( cough cough for a future launch) . Just be patient and wait for 2017 as we got a small coaster in 2014 and Wonderland is set to break a significant attendance record this season.

^good point about the electrical work. But how do we know 100% that electrical stuff was installed. The flag colour doesn't really mean anything...Wonderland could have put purple flags if they wanted to

well no not really in construction green markers on tree mean keep, which is what we saw.. Blue flags mean water which we know is true so white flags meaning electrical I'm going to assume mean electrical also we have the yellow stake which is power supply.

But just some food for thought, wonderland could have just picked random colours.

I've also been thinking in terms of power, Holiday World built a sub-station for Thunderbird the previous season. BSC has a small power station but I would think a B&M launch would need more power; so what if that digging near Behemoth's helix is for a sub-station? (Or am I thinking too much)

But just some food for thought, wonderland could have just picked random colours.

I've also been thinking in terms of power, Holiday World built a sub-station for Thunderbird the previous season. BSC has a small power station but I would think a B&M launch would need more power; so what if that digging near Behemoth's helix is for a sub-station? (Or am I thinking too much)

There is zero digging near Behemoths Helix

Went to the park around 2 pm today and holy crap... Like holy crap....

1. Parking was nearly full capacity,

2. fast lanes were full

3. regular lines over flowing well beyond capacity,

4. I'd estimate minimum 30 minute wait times for food/ drinks,

5. you could hardly walk in the park as you can see from pictures below.

The season pass processing line was full in August at 2pm.... The Canadian Dollar I think is benefiting the park significantly attendance wise despite the company losing 25% of profits right now due to the dollar.

Here's My 6 year plan after the conference Call yesterday;

2015- Infrastructure/ slingshot/ Waterslide (2 new parking booths, waterfalls are all working now and wood fencing replaced around most of the park)

2016- Thrill Ride/ Family attraction, Wifi, mobile app, fast pay & closure of either the movie theater or Minebuster :$ Also the new Transportation hub will be open.

2017- Launched Wing Coaster

2018- Infrastructure

2019- Water Park/ Family and if not Minebuster will either be re-tracked or replaced by now

2020- If Minebuster isn't rennoed in 2019 it will be by this year.

11822720_10155829113125447_1813309482625879732_n.jpg.b4b5778388df490a3e4c707e2bc9a684.jpg

Front Gate at 2 pm!!!!!

11846614_10155829113055447_2443936350746463250_n.jpg.1d7dce5a5dfe1cf2e2f4ecc2e9b18809.jpg

Medieval Faire, like someone could get stabbed and nobody would know!?!

With the park being at capacity. When the park closes it's rides at close time at 10:00pm. With the people still waiting outside the que how are they going to handle the last minute rides? Park closes at 10:00pm? Assuming they won't get all those people out of the park at 10:00pm. Would they stay open an extra hour for last minute rides?

Edited by ACES

With the park being at capacity. When the park closes it's rides at close time. With the people still waiting outside the que how are they going to handle the last minute rides? Park closes at 10:00pm? Assuming they won't get all those people out of the park at 10:00pm. Would they stay open an extra hour for last minute rides?

The park always lets anyone in line ride.

Canada's Wonderland is like the Toronto Maple Leafs of the amusement park industry. They could go years without making any new additions and the people will still come to the park in droves and make Cedar Fair lots and lots of money.

Shhh...don't give them any ideas!!!

Canada's Wonderland is like the Toronto Maple Leafs of the amusement park industry. They could go years without making any new additions and the people will still come to the park in droves and make Cedar Fair lots and lots of money.

well what are they gonna do go to marineland?

So, CW and the Maple Leafs share a bit in common with MiA and the Lions, eh?

With over six million people and one decent amusement park, the odds are forever in CF's favor.

At least the Lions have a better chance of getting a Super Bowl title than MIA getting a new coaster.

You'll eat your words before you know it my friend!

It may be awhile, but we'll eventually get both!!

At least the Lions have a better chance of getting a Super Bowl title than MIA getting a new coaster.

ouch

Ouch, yes... But is he wrong?

ouch

Ouch, yes... But is he wrong?

I think in the future, MIA will get a new coaster before the lions win a super bowl.

This is the best post that I have read this week...kudos!