TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^Well if that's true, sucks that there's no coaster.

On the bright side, as someone who takes the b us frequently, this would be great. The one thing I've always liked about La Ronde, and that the city/park did right is that it has a subway stop right at it. Something like that at wonderland would be cool.

^Well if that's true, sucks that there's no coaster.

On the bright side, as someone who takes the b us frequently, this would be great. The one thing I've always liked about La Ronde, and that the city/park did right is that it has a subway stop right at it. Something like that at wonderland would be cool.

This doesn't mean no coaster, this is the cities money paying for this, it's all part of the contract for the sale of land and taking away a guest entrance into the parking lot. However it is weird nothing has come up on the site yet for the coaster or construction as you can see everyhting on the site even the telephone pole near behemoth is on there. Anything anyone wants to build is on there lol

^Were rides like behemoth,windseeker and leviathan on that site in the past?

While I believe hiding that information from the public section of the site is extremely unlikely, CW could be trying to keep things quiet for the time being. A good example from the past that comes to mind is the countdown clocks. When teasing for Behemoth began, people were able to hack the countdown, and leak the info of the ride early. CW then solved this by simply removing the countdown clock from windseeker's announcement, and fixing the bugs in the clock for leviathan's teaser.

Anyway , IMO, with the amount of dirt being moved around by minebuster, combined with the decision to remove skyrider partway through last year instead of waiting for the off season leads me to believe we'll be getting **something** next year. Have no idea what it could be at this point (if I had to guess, my money would be on a wildebeest style pro slide water coaster, or a coaster starting at skyrider's old spot, and looping around splash works), however, I'd be shocked if we didn't get something with all the activity we're seeing.

I'm a bit surprised that there's no teasers at all. CW isn't acknowledging the signs of construction in the park at all, and usually they don't just loudly announce a new attraction unexpectedly. Maybe a countdown or some other teaser will show up this month?

Well the rumor is Cedar Point took our coaster year this year and we took theirs next year. So essentially a coaster year swap. This might explain the no teasers and signs like there was at the beginning of the season for Leviathan. They aren't even teasing us via twitter or facebook like Leviathan.

This or we are also getting what Cedar Point is getting and we can't tease or anything till after Cedar Point announces theirs. However Cedar Point isn't going out of their way to tease either they simply are putting up a coaster count down with little acknowledgement to it...

It will be interesting to see what happens

I'm a bit surprised that there's no teasers at all. CW isn't acknowledging the signs of construction in the park at all, and usually they don't just loudly announce a new attraction unexpectedly. Maybe a countdown or some other teaser will show up this month?

Well the rumor is Cedar Point took our coaster year this year and we took theirs next year. So essentially a coaster year swap. This might explain the no teasers and signs like there was at the beginning of the season for Leviathan. They aren't even teasing us via twitter or facebook like Leviathan.

That makes no sense whatsoever. "CP's was planned for this year and CW's was planned for the year following" is much more logical. One doesen't "steal" one's year for a coaster. That's enthusiasts' nonsense.

That makes no sense whatsoever. "CP's was planned for this year and CW's was planned for the year following" is much more logical. One doesen't "steal" one's year for a coaster. That's enthusiasts' nonsense.

It happens a lot, last minute decisions to postpone a project and bring forward a future one.

Couldn't agree more. Parks have 4-5 year plans typically. A park just doesn't swap like that and CP had been rumored to get something this year anyways for quite some time now. Fact is, if CW gets something we get something, if we don't we don't.

^That actually does happen once in a while. For example, Carowinds kinda stole King's Dominion's coaster for 2015 (explaining why would take a paragraph and I'm really tired so I'll do it another time)

Oh and don't forget that Leviathan was really meant for Knotts

Conference Call Information

~Wifi will be coming to the 5 largest parks in 2016, Infrastructure will be the main focus of Cedar Fair.

~California's Great America is really impressing Cedar Fair and they will be focusing investments on this park. The are going through a rezoning process to invest capital in this park.

~A virtual reality will be tested on an existing coaster in 2016. This is a test to see if they can make an older coaster better without building a 30 million dollar coaster.

~Highest season pass sales this year ever in history for Cedar Fair along with highest in park spending.

~The "detererating" canadian dollar is negatively impacting business to the north and they expect this to be the case for the remainder of the season. However, The Canadian property is doing very well despite the dollar and the company is taking measure to counteract this

~BBQ & Brew and food trucks has been a major success for the chain,and they are looking to improve them and expand them. As I said before expect to see Brew and BBQ in 2016 at Canada's Wonderland.

~Parks, plural will be announcing their attractions in the weeks to come, but the chain is working on making their parks a place to come have fun and not be all about coasters.

Edited by CedarFair1

Conference Call Information

~Wifi will be coming to the 5 largest parks in 2016, Infrastructure will be the main focus of Cedar Fair.

~California's Great America is really impressing Cedar Fair and they will be focusing investments on this park. The are going through a rezoning process to invest capital in this park.

~A virtual reality will be tested on an existing coaster in 2016. This is a test to see if they can make an older coaster better without building a 30 million dollar coaster.

~Highest season pass sales this year ever in history for Cedar Fair along with highest in park spending.

~The "detererating" canadian dollar is negatively impacting business to the north and they expect this to be the case for the remainder of the season. HOWEVER, the Canada property is doing VERY VERY well and they are taking measures to save them from the dollar impact. (you can hear them at the end of the call discuss how successful Wonderland is)

~BBQ & Brew and food trucks has been a major success for the chain,and they are looking to improve them and expand them. As I said before expect to see Brew and BBQ in 2016 at Canada's Wonderland.

~Parks, plural will be announcing their attractions in the weeks to come, but the chain is working on making their parks a place to come have fun and not be all about coasters.

So basically nothing that wasn't expected outside of the overly horrible idea of mixing rides with VR. i "get" where they are coming from as a business level but that is such a lame gimmick in my eyes.

So CW can expect Wifi as we are definitely in the top 5 parks, so I am excited for that as I am also excited for Brews and BBQ, though again I am not shocked as it's successful elsewhere so why not bring it up.

The dollar situation is not shocking as well, but even if we don't have a lot of travelers coming to our park this year it has been consistently busy over the summer and we had the PanAm games that helped bring a lot of guests up as well.

So basically nothing that wasn't expected outside of the overly horrible idea of mixing rides with VR. i "get" where they are coming from as a business level but that is such a lame gimmick in my eyes.

So CW can expect Wifi as we are definitely in the top 5 parks, so I am excited for that as I am also excited for Brews and BBQ, though again I am not shocked as it's successful elsewhere so why not bring it up.

The dollar situation is not shocking as well, but even if we don't have a lot of travelers coming to our park this year it has been consistently busy over the summer and we had the PanAm games that helped bring a lot of guests up as well.

Sorry I think I made it sound like we were doing bad, Canada's Wonderland and Carowinds and Californias Great America is the sole reason Cedar Fair is experiencing such growth this year with Canada's Wonderland leading the way in attendance growth.

Matt Ouimet said everyone is going to be very impressed by the 2016 investments which will be announced at the parks within the next couple weeks and he used plural. They were joking at the end of the call aboout how well the canada property is doing despite the dollar situation.

Also WMG could so use the virtual reality to replace the ugliness and maybe that is the coaster they are testing it on??

Also WMG could so use the virtual reality to replace the ugliness and maybe that is the coaster they are testing it on??

Sure hope not. The ride doesn't need that...not at all. I saw a report on Screamscape today about VR testing on a swinging ship and personally laughed at how dumb this all seems. I understand tech changes and things change but this is something I do not think parks should be doing.

Again, this is just my opinion and until I experience it I cannot fully judge, but just think there's so much more left to do than this.

WMG could benefit from a screen/projector upgrade and I am sure that would be something we'd see sooner than VR. With the amount of seats or guns that break down on that ride do you really think a VR headset would be a good option? They can't even keep the glasses clean, scares me to think of what the cleanliness of these would be after some hot and sweaty person wore them in front of me.

Personally think there way too much going on in the splash works area to get nothing next year. Also, the press release announcing Skyrider's removal stated that building its replacement would be multi year project.

Think we'll see a splash works expansion or flat in 2016, with a coaster in 2017.