TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^I am also surprised why more people go to Canada's Wonderland than to La Ronde even though it's way closer were we live.

La Ronde isn't the nicest park to go to... Wonderland is a lot better compared to La Ronde.

I went last year. It wasn't terrible, but at the same time, it wasn't the best park I've been to. I remember walking around for a few hours, looking around at attractions, rides, games, etc. And literally building a plan in my head of what I would do if I were in charge of that park.

Crazy to think though, that La Ronde had 2 B&M's before Wonderland even got their first. Goes to further reinforce how much Paramount took advantage of Wonderland and their attendance, and on the flip side, show's how much business sense Cedar Fair has to put the money where it needs to be.

On a side note though WonderlandFan, you are definitely a brave soul identifying that you are from Sudbury. Although I do not live there any more, I am born & raised in the Bury, and tend to keep that information close to me, like a pair of Aces. LOL

^Visited there a few times myself. Sudbury's definetly not the most beautiful city in Canada, but certainly not the worst either! When I've visited friends there, always shocked how much greenery and water is around the area. In a way, guess it's like la ronde! (not great, but at least average).

Anyway, back on topic to things down in southern Ontario. Anybody have word on construction activity at the park?

For those that have been finding me a bit negative I'm sorry, In honor of you I will start posting why construction maybe has stopped at Canada's Wonderland. Below I will post a photo of construction in September on Gatekeeper. No stakes, no footers and hardly anything done.. So if you compare our site to theirs then maybe you have reason to hold onto hope.

img_0272_1.thumb.jpg.059ad4454cf5f03f2b125865e58c6c6b.jpg

Like I said on CWMania, I really don't get why they did all this work (including removing skyrider & stating something would take its place), just to suddenly stop construction.

I get that gatekeeper didn't start construction (or at least go vertical) until September, but still... Why do all this work and essentially leave the site unfinished?

Do the construction crews have some kind of week off/holiday?

Like I said on CWMania, I really don't get why they did all this work (including removing skyrider & stating something would take its place), just to suddenly stop construction.

I get that gatekeeper didn't start construction (or at least go vertical) until September, but still... Why do all this work and essentially leave the site unfinished?

Do the construction crews have some kind of week off/holiday?

Nope Construction probably won't start till September if it's 2016 and if not 2016 then May 2016 for 2017 coaster launch.

After hearing about the teasers going on at CP for their supposed new coaster, even more confused as to what's going on! Obviously CP is getting something big next year, but where does that leave CW? Still perplexed as to why they'd do all that work by minebuster and remove skyrider in such a hurry if we aren't getting anything new for at least a year.

^A big new ride at CP? They just got one in 2013.

7000 post in this thread!

They are getting a massive new coaster in 2016 they have a coaster countdown on their construction fence. They let alone have a construction fence, we don't.

Also view it this way;

Hotel Breakers approx 700 rooms currently fully booked every weekend and most weekdays= $245, 000 USD daily on that one hotel now add all their other hotels incomes daily to that and this is why Cedar Point is getting some love now. I'd expect to see a lot of love heading their way continously.

^I get that the hotels are making CP more than enough cash to pay for another major coaster, but somebody else made a good point on CWMania. CP's "construction fence" has absolutely no signs of construction behind it (apparently there's newly planted grass there). At least we've seen construction equipment show up on site, and the flattening of the land around skyrider's old spot.

They are getting a massive new coaster in 2016 they have a coaster countdown on their construction fence. They let alone have a construction fence, we don't.

Also view it this way;

Hotel Breakers approx 700 rooms currently fully booked every weekend and most weekdays= $245, 000 USD daily on that one hotel now add all their other hotels incomes daily to that and this is why Cedar Point is getting some love now. I'd expect to see a lot of love heading their way continously.

If they keep building at this rate, they will run out of room to build anything else.

If only CW had hotels...

I wonder how much room they will have left at Canada's Wonderland if they get a new coaster soon.

^I get that the hotels are making CP more than enough cash to pay for another major coaster, but somebody else made a good point on CWMania. CP's "construction fence" has absolutely no signs of construction behind it (apparently there's newly planted grass there). At least we've seen construction equipment show up on site, and the flattening of the land around skyrider's old spot.

Again, they have an announcement date, teasers, trademarked name, construction fence. Dive Coasters are very simple to build as they are very minimal in length. Cedar Point is getting a major coaster in 2016 a news site even leaked that it's a Dive Coaster. All construction veichles are gone, they were from a landscape company not a construction company. The companies name is all over the white and blue flags

Also view it this way;

If they keep building at this rate, they will run out of room to build anything else.

If only CW had hotels...

I wonder how much room they will have left at Canada's Wonderland if they get a new coaster soon.

Wonderland still has lots of room....including Wonder Mountain (WMG takes up little space in the mountain)

The best view for the fireworks has always been the hill by Vortex, however if you want the full experience, and an easy exit, I would suggest by the front gate. They do launch fireworks off the top of the mountain.

Here's a video I shot in 2012 of the Victoria Day fireworks from the area I am talking about. Forgive the shakiness as it was on my old camera.