TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Well Time Warp and Back Lot Stunt Coaster (Italian Job at the time) were both built in a two year period. So again, Anything can still happen. Guardian was somewhat around $10Million and so would an RMC upgrade on Minebuster... Then I can see a 25-30 Million Dollar coaster in 2017

As great as an RMC would be - a few thoughts

1. RMC's seem to be a six flags exclusive supplier. What makes us think that Cedar Fair will be willing to work with them so soon?

2. When was the last time a cedar fair park built a wooden coaster?

3. None of the RMC's to date how been a simple out and back like minebuster. I don't think the layout is conducive to their particular set of skills. If anything Wilde Beast is a better fit although probably not big enough a ride for a meaningful conversion

4. Having given up a coaster last year and promising publically a replacement coaster - doing a makeover of an existing ride which will not be an additional coaster will probably not have the same reception as a new coaster

5. La Monstre at La Ronde is perfect for an RMC look what they did with the double tracked collossous- why would Wonderland knowingly build something that will be so easily eclipsed in the near future?

6. I think the next ride will be a looping B&M the question is whether it is a wingrider, launched wingrider or a proper floorless. If the GP gravitates to Rougarou I could see them build a nice Banshee like record breaker.

^^Very good points, but I still see RMC & CW Eventually Working together (two non six flags parks have bought RMCs).

Also, wouldn't outlaw run (one of the better RMCs) be more an out and back coaster? Plus, I seem to remember Alan saying how he actually found different ride types/situations actually force the company to come up with better/more innovative ride designs.

^EDIT: If six flags is in fact the only chain that's doing RMC remakes, let's at least hope they get around to all their parks so that A: La Ronde will eventually get one (maybe something TC-Esque) and B: So RMC might be freed up for other chains such as CF once SF is finished all their remakes.

RMC isn't in any sort of exclusive Six Flags deal. Six Flags just continually buys enough each season so they've been (almost) the only ones to install RMC coasters. With their new track manufacturing facilities that they've finished it's likely we'll see more in the future.

So members on the CWmania FB page are saying they were talking to employees at the park and they did mention a 2016 Coaster. One member even messaged asking about an Announcement and Wonderland replied to be stayed tuned for them. So if we were to get a coaster and footers begin mid June. Then it would be small. Maybe a Mid Sized Dive Machine just a bit bigger than Kraken at Europa Park in Germany, Which I wouldn't mind. But I hope it has more than just 1 inversion.... and a Water brake run. Or maybe (But doubtfully) we get a Coaster like the new Batman ride in Texas. The 4D Multidimensional Coaster which would be like a Wing Rider. Maybe a mix of Batman and X2 so it has Turns. I wouldn't mind that either. Only time would tell

Massive Land clearing from couple days ago the land clearing now bulldozed the service roads I can't post an updated picture cause it comes from a Youtube onride video, also to note this land clearing is somewhat close to the Skyrider plot of land.

1292842461_Screenshot(21).thumb.png.330a1293a33f1374932dcd70c1f066b9.png

General Managers tweet

^Interesting too bad there's no updated pic.

Also best to hear about those comments on the cwmania FB page. Haven't looked at the page myself yet.

I'm Brendon Cross on that page I'm the one takking all the pictures also if you facebook message me I have updated pics of the massive land clearing I just can't post them cause they dont follow park policies

RMC isn't in any sort of exclusive Six Flags deal. Six Flags just continually buys enough each season so they've been (almost) the only ones to install RMC coasters. With their new track manufacturing facilities that they've finished it's likely we'll see more in the future.

I thought the same thing too, but Six Flags Magic Mountain's president said that the I-Box track was a Six Flags exclusive (for the time being) during the opening ceremony yesterday.

I thought the same thing too, but Six Flags Magic Mountain's president said that the I-Box track was a Six Flags exclusive (for the time being) during the opening ceremony yesterday.

I'm guessing he was referring to the fact that they're the only people to install it currently. But RMC has said (when they did the Q&A on Facebook) that it's available to anyone who's interested. Trust me, we'll see someone else with I-Box eventually.

I am going to the park on Friday. I don't know much about this park besides what I read in the park index. What kind of crowds should I expect on Friday? Should I get Fast Pass? I would like to ride all the coasters as fast as possible. I am not one who likes to wait in lines but also don't want to be that guy who bought a fast pass and then see walk ons. I will be there at opening. Any advice on how to attack the park most efficiently so I can head back to my hotel 4 hours away?

I am going to the park on Friday. I don't know much about this park besides what I read in the park index. What kind of crowds should I expect on Friday? Should I get Fast Pass? I would like to ride all the coasters as fast as possible. I am not one who likes to wait in lines but also don't want to be that guy who bought a fast pass and then see walk ons. I will be there at opening. Any advice on how to attack the park most efficiently so I can head back to my hotel 4 hours away?

You will 100% NEED fast pass for this park, remember highest attended seasonal theme park in North America and I've been going almost every day and the crowds are the worst I've seen but fast pass is a gem at this park.

Since high school students have school, it won't be AS busy. If you go as soon as the park opens and start with Leviathan, you may not need Fast Pass for most rides. Again, Fast Pass is always beneficial.

I took the land clearing sites circled in blue and came up with a general path of this "longest' "multi launch" B&M Wing coaster rumor.

Blue = land clearing/ red stakes

White = launches

Red = break run/ station area

Green = track path

105665636_wingcoaster.thumb.png.24b0d3e59bd155cd87d52a566f348ab9.png