TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

So in a shocking turn in events (not really), it appears that the "worlds longest interactive screen" may actually be a complete lie. I managed to get an animated picture of the layout from Triotech (I found a low resolution picture of it from a CBC broadcast and asked Triotech for a better version) and there does appear to be many physical breaks along the screen. I would post the picture but I believe it is copyrighted so I rather not until I get permission.

Of course since it is an animation it may not be completely right, but with the amount of detail they put in the trains would make one think that they wouldn't get lazy on the screens.

So in a shocking turn in events (not really), it appears that the "worlds longest interactive screen" may actually be a complete lie. I managed to get an animated picture of the layout from Triotech (I found a low resolution picture of it from a CBC broadcast and asked Triotech for a better version) and there does appear to be many physical breaks along the screen. I would post the picture but I believe it is copyrighted so I rather not until I get permission.

Of course since it is an animation it may not be completely right, but with the amount of detail they put in the trains would make one think that they wouldn't get lazy on the screens.

EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WMG_Top_View.png

Edited by Dom497

and it's not even a coaster to boot!

but it is a nice air conditioned cave to escape the midday sun.

I won't get too much into it but Guardian is totally a coaster. Lift, drop, gravity based inside and entirely on coaster track. It's more of a coaster as Journey to Atlantis, Gingots and many other "grey area" coaster credits are. Even the park and manufacturer call it a coaster as well.

and it's not even a coaster to boot!

but it is a nice air conditioned cave to escape the midday sun.

I won't get too much into it but Guardian is totally a coaster. Lift, drop, gravity based inside and entirely on coaster track. It's more of a coaster as Journey to Atlantis, Gingots and many other "grey area" coaster credits are. Even the park and manufacturer call it a coaster as well.

Alright... So I was watching In The Loop's video for CW's Season Pass Preview Day and he mentioned something about if there is going to be a Roller Coaster being added in 2016 that it would come out and turn around back toward the park between the 400 and the Canada's Wonderland Drive entrance. Plus according to somebody on CWmania's forum, they saw some blue flags/markers across SkyRider's grave (old spot) and they are saying that there are some underground water or electrical work going on. But somebody else stated that it's for a sprinkler system that it going in.

Yellow is generally a gas line marker. Canada uses the same colored surveying system that we use here in the US so in general:

Orange - telecommunications (phone, fiber optics, etc.)

Yellow - natural gas (pretty much any flammable gas/liquid)

Red - Electrical

Blue - Water

Green - Sewer

Pink - General survey markings or unknown/undetermined utilities

If there's a lot of blue stakes (more than likely they're flags for this case) in patterns in the former SkyRider spot, then it's for underground irrigation. If they were going to be marking out footers or other structures, they'd use the pink markers. So for now, I wouldn't bet this is anything more than just underground sprinkling being installed to water the grass that'll be there for the near future.

Yellow is generally a gas line marker. Canada uses the same colored surveying system that we use here in the US so in general:

Orange - telecommunications (phone, fiber optics, etc.)

Yellow - natural gas (pretty much any flammable gas/liquid)

Red - Electrical

Blue - Water

Green - Sewer

Pink - General survey markings or unknown/undetermined utilities

If there's a lot of blue stakes (more than likely they're flags for this case) in patterns in the former SkyRider spot, then it's for underground irrigation. If they were going to be marking out footers or other structures, they'd use the pink markers. So for now, I wouldn't bet this is anything more than just underground sprinkling being installed to water the grass that'll be there for the near future.

Member on CWMania said they saw about 5 or 6 red stakes near timber wolf falls as well.

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/1121159/after-29-years-canadas-wonderlands-skyrider-being-retired/

Again, something tells me Timber Wolf Falls might see the Axe at the end of 2015 for a "VERY LARGE" construction project.

I agree, Timber Wolf Falls lacks popularity at the park now, I can see it on the chopping block. That can make really useful room if they were to add a new Coaster there. But if they remove Timberwolf, I can see a possibility of a Blitz coaster going in, and it would the first one (if I'm not mistaken) by B&M. But I'd still keep a possibility of a Winged Coaster as well. But a Blitz would make sense to go into the spots of Skyrider and TWF. It can make a pretty good spot for a Blitz

^Other ones have been leaked, but I don't remember *news sites* leaking this much info about the rides. Just going off memory, so I'm probably wrong; Windseeker's just the one I remember the most.

Anyway, the point about the blitz coaster in timber wolf falls'/Skyrider's spot sounds interesting. However, not sure how B&M would pull something like that off. Personally think that if we're getting something along the lines of Helix/maverick, it'll be by Mack.

^Other ones have been leaked, but I don't remember *news sites* leaking this much info about the rides. Just going off memory, so I'm probably wrong; Windseeker's just the one I remember the most.

Anyway, the point about the blitz coaster in timber wolf falls'/Skyrider's spot sounds interesting. However, not sure how B&M would pull something like that off. Personally think that if we're getting something along the lines of Helix/maverick, it'll be by Mack.

That would be interesting, but CF has never had relations with Mack i believe. We can hope though

Never say never to any type of coaster or ride is how I feel. At one point we never thought we'd see one, let alone 2, B&M coasters at our park and now we have that.

Wonderland has always been seen as a great place to test different ride types and whatnot as well, so could be something we've never even seen before. The one thing I would say has to be a feature is that it has to be a people eater. With the attendance we get it would be silly to see 2 low capacity rides in a row.

Just read a really good point on CWmania's forum. Maybe they are removing old underground pipes under SkyRider's spot.... They did that before Leviathan's construction. Meaning the reason why that infamous "Lawn Sprinkler Truck" was at the park the other day. Also, what if SkyRider's spot isn't going to be the spot of the station.... Maybe it will be a place of an Element like a Turn Around, Helix, Cobra Roll, etc. Just a thought. But a very true point. But then where would the station go if project 2016 is a big or descent sized coaster? If Timber Wolf got removed I would see it maybe pushed there and the life hill would go above the Children Rides area and then having a turn around going into a bunch of Inversions over White Water Canyon and then Going in between the Wonderland Drive Enterance and Highway 400 (which is rumored) for a turn around going towards SkyRider's spot before hitting a break run into the station. I could see it being a Winged Coaster (not Gatekeeper size), Floorless, or a B&M first Blitz with a track layout like that. (played a lot of RCT3 and K'nex as a kid, so I have the imagination)

But other than that, I don't see any other large space of land for a station... Unless they use the Firework viewing area, but I doubt it. If they were going to build a station in the Woody area by White Water Canyon, I would think they would have removed trees by now...

Based on recent Cedar Fair additions, I think this would be a large B&M like a wing rider, but what the park really needs in my opinion is a great wooden coaster. Cedar Fair hit home runs with GCI in Gold Striker and Prowler.

^^^Very good point about the turnaround section. Really don't know what type of coaster it could be, but knowing the "testing ground" nature of CW, I could totally see a firstim the chain type of coaster, most likely some kind of MacK or B&M launcher.

Also, I've heard the term "blitz" coaster brought up. Sorry if this is somewhat of a dumb question, but can anyone here tell me more or less what a "blitz" coaster is? Only ones I can think of off the top of my head would be Maverick or possibly helix, and other than the fact that they're launchers, can't really see anything that separates them from the rest (besides the fact they look like amazing rides ).