TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Looks great! The seatbelts on Behemoth didn't change dispatch times; good to here it is the case on Leviathan too. Maybe I'll actually rude Wild Beast this year..

The Skyrider spot is flattened and appears to be covered in dirt (no grass). As someone on the cwmania said, Behemoth did not have markers until June.

Thanks for the pics!

What about Leviathan? How soon did the fenced off area for the station near the go karts appear? I was there in June of 2011 and remember it being there.

^Well, seems like there's definitely enough room for a station of a large coaster in that spot. Can't be 100"% sure a coaster's gonna replace Skyrider next year, but I don't really see too many other reasons as to why they'd rip the whole ride out if they weren't replacing it with a decently sized attraction. Anybody got any pics of early behemoth construction/it's site before construction started to compare with these shots?

On another note, anybody rode slingshot yet? I'm real curious to see how that turns out... Finally don't have to make the 10 hour trek to la ronde to ride one of these things!

Today was a great day for my friends and I at the park. We went up to renew our season passes and once we got there realized it was Scotiabank Day at the park. We didn't buy the seperate tickets for the event so we knew we weren't going to get in. But, there was a problem with the park's computers and we all got jr/sr passes instead of the regular renewals. The lady at the ticket counter told us to go to the front gate to make sure she did the passes right. When we got up there we told the supervisor what was going on and she scanned our passes to check them and then let us into the park on a private event day!

I didn't get any pictures today because I was not expecting to get in but, it was pretty windy today and Backlot Stunt Coaster valleyed twice, once before the second launch and then again later in the day before the final turn into the brake run. Also around 2:30, Leviathan valleyed after the second airtime hill while they were doing some test runs after some sort of delay.

I didn't notice too many changes throughout the park apart from Slingshot, and the waterpark construction. There was a new food stand at the front that was selling chicken wings (the name slipped my mind). I did notice today though, that The Bat really needs a new paint job. The supports were very faded. The track work on Wild Beast helps the ride greatly. The bottom of the first drop is tollerable now.

They were working on Swing of the Century today. There was about 10 maintainence people there at one point. Windseeker was down all day because of the wind (kind of ironic, eh???) and WMG was down for the time I was there today.

Also if anyone is wondering about the pricing of the new slingshot, it is $25 a person, which I personally think is kind of expensive.

Today was a great day for my friends and I at the park. We went up to renew our season passes and once we got there realized it was Scotiabank Day at the park. We didn't buy the seperate tickets for the event so we knew we weren't going to get in. But, there was a problem with the park's computers and we all got jr/sr passes instead of the regular renewals. The lady at the ticket counter told us to go to the front gate to make sure she did the passes right. When we got up there we told the supervisor what was going on and she scanned our passes to check them and then let us into the park on a private event day!

I didn't get any pictures today because I was not expecting to get in but, it was pretty windy today and Backlot Stunt Coaster valleyed twice, once before the second launch and then again later in the day before the final turn into the brake run. Also around 2:30, Leviathan valleyed after the second airtime hill while they were doing some test runs after some sort of delay.

I didn't notice too many changes throughout the park apart from Slingshot, and the waterpark construction. There was a new food stand at the front that was selling chicken wings (the name slipped my mind). I did notice today though, that The Bat really needs a new paint job. The supports were very faded. The track work on Wild Beast helps the ride greatly. The bottom of the first drop is tollerable now.

They were working on Swing of the Century today. There was about 10 maintainence people there at one point. Windseeker was down all day because of the wind (kind of ironic, eh???) and WMG was down for the time I was there today.

Also if anyone is wondering about the pricing of the new slingshot, it is $25 a person, which I personally think is kind of expensive.

Lagoon's 250ft Funtime Slingshot that Opened in 2002 is still $20 Per Launch and $10 for a Re-launch, so $25 doesn't sound expensive at all to me.

If the rumors are true and our 2016 coaster is now at Cedar Point, if that's even remotely true. Does anyone think Minebuster might close after this season or mid season for an Rocky mountain coaster makeover? You will also see in CWFANPAGE/ Intheloops youtube video the trees at Minebusters entrance are marked for removal with green X's on them. Something just seems fishy about Minebusters area right now.

I know this may sound far fetch but a rocky mountain coaster makeover is around 10 million dollars and we saw them spend 10 million on Wonder mountains guardian after leviathan, so maybe with the 2016 coaster delay they bumped up an RMC coaster makeover on Minebuster. We all know guests complain about the two wood coasters very often.

I honestly have a sneaky feeling were going to see a makeover in 2016 of Minebuster and Skyriders spot filled in 2017. After all they did refer to the construction project in that area to the media as Large project/projects.

550711405_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.5e930a73c4f22d537c4d444dd9921402.png

notice the trees and their decent sized ones to next to Minebusters drop. This was updated in 2014.

1264969818_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.520fe38eca426ec9dfaa90b9fcc10e3b.png

Now a recent picture shows the trees removed and a massive pile of dirt next to Minebusters drop.

May wanna be careful, even with screen grabs, of that drone footage being posted on here. It's unauthorized footage and borderline trespassing. Just a heads up.

Aside from that, I would love to see an RMC coaster, makeover or not, at Wonderland but I am not sure what contract (if any) RMC has with Six Flags at the moment.

^Not too sure SF has any special contract with RMC. I seem to remember someone else in another thread saying they didn't, and with stuff like outlaw run being built outside an SF park, although not being a conversion, shows that they can at least build outside of SF.

While I'm a little disappointed at the possibility of the next new coaster being delayed, the multi year thing announced by the park makes sense, and if an RMC conversion's in there somewhere, I can't complain about that! . It'll be really interesting to see what eventually fills skyrider's spot. If CP is supposedly getting what we were originally going to get, I wonder if we'll simply get a clone of whatever they build, or something new/unique?

^Not too sure SF has any special contract with RMC. I seem to remember someone else in another thread saying they didn't, and with stuff like outlaw run being built outside an SF park, although not being a conversion, shows that they can at least build outside of SF.

While I'm a little disappointed at the possibility of the next new coaster being delayed, the multi year thing announced by the park makes sense, and if an RMC conversion's in there somewhere, I can't complain about that! . It'll be really interesting to see what eventually fills skyrider's spot. If CP is supposedly getting what we were originally going to get, I wonder if we'll simply get a clone of whatever they build, or something new/unique?

I dont ever see CF cloning a CP ride

Until the park confirms what we are getting and when, I will be optimistic still. Regardless, the 2015 season still hasn't officially started so lets concentrate on that for a while and some of the amazing entertainment offerings coming this year. Something that Wonderland has been picking their game up with for sure.

I am intrigued to see what changes have been made to Dimensions as well how their first Octoerberfest goes over.

Until the park confirms what we are getting and when, I will be optimistic still. Regardless, the 2015 season still hasn't officially started so lets concentrate on that for a while and some of the amazing entertainment offerings coming this year. Something that Wonderland has been picking their game up with for sure.

I am intrigued to see what changes have been made to Dimensions as well how their first Octoerberfest goes over.

I'm so excited for Oktoberfest, I'm def going to be at the park hammered aha

Yes! I could see an RMC upgrade for Minebuster. Maybe CF will surprise us to make up for that 2016 coaster being pushed back to 2017. Plus it's always been on my bucket list to ride an RMC and would be a sweet fit to the park. Also maybe that's the reason why they only partially re-tracked Minebuster. I just wonder how it would interact with Splashworks with all those zero-G rolls that would be put in.

"Mighty Canadian Ironbuster" anybody?

I'm a new member if anybody is wondering.

I went to the park friday, they had a bonus night for season passholders, and i bought a platinum pass because i was going to go to some of the american parks this season. I figured i would get the photo taken and maybe have a few preseason rides.

The platinum pass is not a bad deal at $198 canuck bucks + taxes and fees = ~$229. it looked like it was also $198 usdollars if you buy it there, so you get a 20% savings on the exchange rate to boot. It includes parking and is good for any cedar fair park. I figure if you use it 3 times it pays for itself with ~$20 parking and ~$60 admission.

Friday was a really nice day in Toronto, and i guess a lot of people had the same idea because the parking lot was fairly full. They processed the pass really quickly and i was in.

It was crowded and there were lineups for everything including big lineups for food. i heard a rumour they had run out of hot dogs. Operations were slow which i guess i understand being the first day, but it looked like they weren't sure of their procedures. I usually go on dragon fyre first as a warmup, and because i remember it from when it was new. It was lined up down the ramp and i noticed a train waiting in the final brakerun for as long as i was there, so i gave it a pass. I never did see a train go up the lifthill, so i don't know if it got shut down early. I got a ride on the HUSS ufo Nightmares, and was on after 2 cycles. the only problem was that each cycle took almost 10 minutes to load and check! While in the line i noticed Leviathan was taking at least 2 minutes per cycle to send a train. The lineup was all over the back and i gave it a miss.

I rode Wilde Beast because i had heard it got retracked. The first drop was much better and closer to when it was new. After the second turnaround it got a bit rougher, and the later half was kinda rough since it was dark i couldn't tell where they had put new wood in. I was in the second row of the first car and i could feel it bending or torsioning where the lapbars which were mounted further forward of the seat moved right and left on corners. Made me think of the movie Tin men where they argue about the guy's car 'the frame is probably bent". Having said that, the last wooden coaster i rode was Gwazi, so it wasn't too bad...

The bat broke down twice while i was in the wilde beast lineup and they had guys in pickup trucks driving around fixing things. I guess when you have a bunch of machinery that has sat idle since october and then you start it up there will be a few bugs to be worked out.

I didn't have a lot of time and didn't feel like spending it in a slow moving line so i left. On the way out the fountains looked cool with colourful lighting. It is a pretty good looking park and they keep it really clean compared to others i have been to, so we are lucky to have it. I really like wonderland, partly because i grew up with it, I will go back on a slow day when kids are still in school. since i only live 30 mins away, i will probably pop in for short visits now and then. having a pass that includes parking might make it a bit easier.

Just got back.

3x leviathan. 2x behemoth. 1x wonder mountain's guardian. 1x mine buster. 1x vortex. 1x stunt coaster.

Food lines were out of control (as expected during the opening weeks) operations were slow (the seat belts on Leviathan are new, right?) but lines were not too bad. Nothing to really report other than a lot of people enjoyed watching slingshot and I thought bohemoth was extremely shakey. Everything else was running fine though a lot of closed seats on guardian and it opened late, but overall a good day!

Oh and the platinum passes are really cool looking. Don't know if the regular passes are the same or not. Not sure if it's a new thing, i know at kings island they were just black generic cards last year. At least when I got one.

Oh and the platinum passes are really cool looking. Don't know if the regular passes are the same or not. Not sure if it's a new thing, i know at kings island they were just black generic cards last year. At least when I got one.

I'm from the Midwest and had mine renewed at worlds of fun, but I sort of want to go back and say I lost my old platinum pass now to see if they are cool like that

Speaking of passholder preview night, here's a great video I found showing off all the new additions, as well as the construction at splash works and skyrider's spot.

Speaking of new additions, has anyone here rode slingshot? Mid so, how was it... Worth the money?

So in a shocking turn in events (not really), it appears that the "worlds longest interactive screen" may actually be a complete lie. I managed to get an animated picture of the layout from Triotech (I found a low resolution picture of it from a CBC broadcast and asked Triotech for a better version) and there does appear to be many physical breaks along the screen. I would post the picture but I believe it is copyrighted so I rather not until I get permission.

Of course since it is an animation it may not be completely right, but with the amount of detail they put in the trains would make one think that they wouldn't get lazy on the screens.