TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I've never done a slingshot as I'm poor and upcharge attractions are rarely in the budget. Are they worthwhile?

When I visited during Leviathan's opening year, I thoroughly enjoyed Behemoth and Leviathan and thought they complimented each other well. I had a great time and felt the park typified Cedar Fair at its best. The supporting coaster cast could definitely use some help, though. Vortex is a great highlight and I didn't mind the Volare *that badly* and it's a unique experience, the wild mouse is solid/its laterals are fun...but beyond that, you're looking at lower-tier coasters. It breaks my heart that an SLC, and one that rides quite poorly, is a stand in for a B&M invert at this park. Even though another invert is almost certainly not in the cards, a launched wing rider would be the a solid addition to this park. With how promising Thunderbird looks, I hope that something like this appears (running 3 trains obvi). Outside of Cedar Fair's close coaster relationship with B&M, a Mack launch in the vein of Blue Fire would be an amazing, ideal addition but that's much less likely.

Dave Phillips (VP Marketing and Sales) tweeted out this picture of a steel part. Looks like Canada's Wonderland is adding a SlingShot for 2015.

YEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! THAT'S AWESOME NEWS!.

Seriously, this just made my day! Now I don't have to head all the way out to montreal to ride one of these things!

Dave Phillips (VP Marketing and Sales) tweeted out this picture of a steel part. Looks like Canada's Wonderland is adding a SlingShot for 2015.
Does anyone know where in the park that is? I'm trying to figure it out but I'm stumped.

I'm not quite sure either. I want to say Psyclone area, but, again, not sure.

It looks like the Psyclone / Kingswood area but I'm also not 100% sure though.

If it is a slinghot, they are really fun. The first time on a one is definitely a pee in your pants kind of moment. The largest one I've tried is at Kings Island. I like how they change the price depending on how busy they are throughout the day. I think it was just under or around $10.00 first thing in the morning.

Next up, a Sky Scraper please.

How popular is the bat? Boomerangs are easy coasters to move around to different parks. It could easily head to a park like VF or similar. If it were to get new trains like the Carolina Cobra did I am sure it would be a hit. Seems like CW could easily replace this ride with something bigger and better

So we're considering a trip to this park around Memorial Day weekend and we're curious if this park is do-able in one day (assuming we'll ride all adult coasters). We'll get Platinum Flash Passes but I've noticed that they have a ton of low capacity coasters not on Fastlane and I know the park gets very crowded.

Thanks in advance.

How popular is the bat? Boomerangs are easy coasters to move around to different parks. It could easily head to a park like VF or similar. If it were to get new trains like the Carolina Cobra did I am sure it would be a hit. Seems like CW could easily replace this ride with something bigger and better

The Bat ain't going anyway. Believe it or not, it's pretty popular at the park.

So we're considering a trip to this park around Memorial Day weekend and we're curious if this park is do-able in one day (assuming we'll ride all adult coasters). We'll get Platinum Flash Passes but I've noticed that they have a ton of low capacity coasters not on Fastlane and I know the park gets very crowded.

Thanks in advance.

When I went to the park, I was able to do all of the coasters (including kiddies and SkyRider) and several flats with FL in one day. I did the non-FL attractions first before the park got SUPER crowded, and the waits were about 20 min each. However, I'd do Bat as soon as possible. Even with FL, I waited nearly an hour for it.

My concern is that Bat (low capacity), Dragon Fire, Fly (horrible capacity), Ghoster Coaster (yeah, we'll probably ride this lol), Silver Streak (horrible capacity), Thunder Run (I'm assuming this has horrible capacity) and Wonder Mountain Guardian which I would expect to have a long wait are all not on Fastlane and all have low capacity. That's why I'm considering taking 2 days for this park but I'd rather do it in one if possible.

My concern is that Bat (low capacity), Dragon Fire, Fly (horrible capacity), Ghoster Coaster (yeah, we'll probably ride this lol), Silver Streak (horrible capacity), Thunder Run (I'm assuming this has horrible capacity) and Wonder Mountain Guardian which I would expect to have a long wait are all not on Fastlane and all have low capacity. That's why I'm considering taking 2 days for this park but I'd rather do it in one if possible.

Dragon fire almost never has a line near the end of the day, if you see it with a long line just come back later. Here is how I would approach the park

- Get there at least 30 minutes before opening, there are metal detectors and bag checks which take a long time and could let you miss the rope drop

-Skip buying / getting your Fast Lane bands and go straight to Guardian, ride the Fly right after followed by Thunder Run and The Bat. They are all basically right next to each other.

-Pickup your fast-lane bands and enjoy the rest of the day. With Fastlane you can for sure do the park in one day.

As much as enthusiasts hate Boomerangs, they're popular with the general public, and I can see why they do look neat in action.

Does anyone know if they're adding cabanas this year?

They are indeed adding VIP Cabana's inside of Splash Works this year.

Your Private Getaway

Each of our cabanas offers a shaded area to enjoy the day however you choose. Seclude yourself from the crowds and relax in your own private paradise.

PLEASE NOTE: In order to ensure the enjoyment of all of our cabana guests, a limit of 6 total guests per cabana (includes adults and children) will be strictly enforced.

Cabana Rental Includes:

10' x 10' semi-private cabana accommodating up to six guests (a wristband is required to enter the VIP Cabana Area)

Patio table set with four chairs

Two chaise lounge chairs

32” flat screen TV with satellite service

One small safe to secure valuables

Cabana Welcome Package – includes one towel per person (up to six), sunscreen, and other sundries

Mini-fridge - stocked with a bottle of water for each person (up to six)

Cabana guests with an online reservation and E-tickets receive early entrance to Splash Works at 10:00am. Present your E-Ticket at the Splash Works entrance gate to be granted access one hour before official opening (Splash Works opens to general public at 11:00am each operating day)

Food and Beverage Wait Service - cabana guests may purchase food & beverages to be delivered to their cabana

You must present your Cabana Rental E-Ticket/Reservation by 4:00pm on the day of your reservation in order to claim your cabana inside Splash Works. We do not hold reservations beyond 4:00pm and will be unable to issue a refund for late arrivals.

2015 Cabana Rental Pricing

Guests are encouraged to reserve and purchase cabana rentals online due to limited availability. Cabana rental purchases are also offered on a first come first serve basis at the Cabana Rental Booth located inside Splash Works. Reservations for the 2015 season will be available soon! Stay tuned for more information.

Policies

All cabanas are located on the sides of the wave pool, White Water Bay, located inside Splash Works water park.

Cabana guests with an online reservation and E-Tickets can enter Splash Works before it opens to the general public, beginning at 10:00am. Cabanas are open during normal Splash Works operating hours. Check-In must occur before 4:00pm in order to claim your reservation. We do not hold reservations beyond 4:00pm and will be unable to issue a refund for late arrivals. Cabanas close when Splash Works closes each operating day.

The Cabana Rental Booth is located at the entrance to the cabana area. Cabana rental purchases and reservations are non-refundable, we will not issue refunds for maintenance or weather downtime relating to ride or water park attractions. Guests must present their E-Ticket at the time they check-in.

For operational purposes cabana tents do not fully close. Please use changing room facilities located at the entrance of Splash Works.

Canada's Wonderland is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Guests are encouraged to use the small safe provided with each cabana rental.

All reservations must be made online and must be paid in full at the time of the reservation. We do not accept reservations over the phone.

Source: https://www.canadaswonderland.com/rides/Splash-Works/VIP-Cabanas

The Bat is actually a really popular ride at CW, and I don't think it'll leave for a VERY long time. In fact, friends at the park have told me that the ride is getting an upgrade to try and help increase capacity and decrease loading times. With that in mind, I'd be hardpressed to say it's leaving.