TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Just a quick question to anyone who may know.If I buy the platinum season pass through the Canada's Wonderland web site,is it in Canadian dollars or US dollars?

It's in Canadian funds. You know...being in Canada and whatnot.

thank you.I was just wondering as it would probably be a bit cheaper with the way our dollar is right now against the US dollar.

The park operating hours are now out. Opening May 3!

Clicky

Why is Opening Day on Sunday at CW? Is Sunday a more significant day than Saturday in Canada, or is there some other reason? Sorry if I sound dumb.

lol, I do think it matters, it has been opening on Sunday for years.

Clicky

Why is Opening Day on Sunday at CW? Is Sunday a more significant day than Saturday in Canada, or is there some other reason? Sorry if I sound dumb.

Actually, yes. More people tend to do their leisure activities on Sundays (at least where I am in Southern Ontario, anyways). In some areas it's even the busier day for grocery stores and what not. I'm not sure why they wouldn't open on the Saturday though, if only to take advantage of the extra operating day at a time when they are only open on weekends... I mean, as nicman mentioned above, it's been Sunday for years, but now that you mention it, it actually is a good question as to why Sunday.

Clicky

Actually, yes. More people tend to do their leisure activities on Sundays (at least where I am in Southern Ontario, anyways). In some areas it's even the busier day for grocery stores and what not. I'm not sure why they wouldn't open on the Saturday though, if only to take advantage of the extra operating day at a time when they are only open on weekends... I mean, as nicman mentioned above, it's been Sunday for years, but now that you mention it, it actually is a good question as to why Sunday.

It has been Sunday since at least 2002 when I first started visiting the park. I belive the reason is because one of the major 6 banks in Canada rents out the entire park, usually TD or Scotia. The weekend before opening day is also often rented out. For whatever reason it is always the Saturday before opening thats rented.

Clicky

It has been Sunday since at least 2002 when I first started visiting the park. I belive the reason is because one of the major 6 banks in Canada rents out the entire park, usually TD or Scotia. The weekend before opening day is also often rented out. For whatever reason it is always the Saturday before opening thats rented.

I think you're right. For as long as I can remember, RBC rents out the park on the Saturday.

I randomly went to a BMO day at Wonderland one year. I showed up early to process my season pass and saw the rides running. I asked if the park was open and if I could go in. They said sure, so I went in and was surrounded by "BMO Day" signs.

There were no lines, but I was terrified of being kicked out, so I did a quick lap and then left.

If I buy a Cedar Fairs Platinum Pass online from Canada's Wonderland can I use it at another Cedar Fairs park before I get to Canada's Wonderland?

Pretty sure you can get those processed at any Cedar Fair park.

If I buy a Cedar Fairs Platinum Pass online from Canada's Wonderland can I use it at another Cedar Fairs park before I get to Canada's Wonderland?

You must purchase and process at the same park. If you purchase your pass at CW and expect to process it at Cedar Point, you'll be turned away. This is true of Six Flags, SeaWorld, and other chains as well.

You must purchase and process at the same park. If you purchase your pass at CW and expect to process it at Cedar Point, you'll be turned away. This is true of Six Flags, SeaWorld, and other chains as well.

Wow, I never knew that, I always thought that if you buy a platinum pass, you can go to any park without being at the park that you got the platinum pass from.

Wow, I never knew that, I always thought that if you buy a platinum pass, you can go to any park without being at the park that you got the platinum pass from.

You can, but it's a bit of a hassle. We had to process a Platinum Pass that we purchased for Kings Dominion last year at Cedar Point, and management worked with us to make it happen. It was a process, but they can do it.

^ Agreed.

We did it twice during renewal after originally purchasing PP's from Cedar Point - one year at Knotts and one year at Kings Dominion.

That is one disadvantage over purchasing from a park like CP or CW...the parks open later than the ones in the South or out West so if you vacation to one of those areas before the Northern parks open in mid-May, it can be a bit of a challenge to process.