TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I think a GCI or RMC woodie would be a good fit for Canada's Wonderland because even though they have two wooden coasters already, from what I've heard, they're both rough pieces of trash, which basically means that Canada's Wonderland lacks a decent wooden coaster. Also, maybe once Cedar Fair starts doing business with RMC, maybe they could turn one of the bad woodies into an amazing RMC hybrid coaster. Even though some sort of B&M is probably what their next coaster will be, I think the park deserves an upgrade in the wooden coaster department sometime.

Unfortunately I don't think we will be seeing an RMC hybrid for a while at CW. Based on hints that have been dropped I think a launched B&M wing coaster will be coming in 2016. And while that's nowhere near what I would like to see come to the park as an enthusiast, from a business standpoint it makes sense. I'm just thankful the park is home to 2 other great beemers.

^I'm not so sure. There aren't many (if any) LSM launched coasters around with 32 seat trains. I can't tell why (probably the cost of launching such heavy trains) but don't forget Thunderbird only has 5 cars.

^With attendance that CW has, we are probably not going to get a launched coaster because of the low capacity of launched coasters.

What about a B&M launch coaster? I'm sure B&M could build a launch coaster with just as good of a capacity as Leviathan or Behemoth.

I guess we'll find out when Thunderbird opens.

^I'm not so sure. There aren't many (if any) LSM launched coasters around with 32 seat trains. I can't tell why (probably the cost of launching such heavy trains) but don't forget Thunderbird only has 5 cars.

That's true. But even a B&M with 6 cars could have great capacity (maybe not as good as Behemoth or Leviathan, but better than most launch coasters). I don't know, it's just a thought.

something as awesome as helix would be great, remember cedar fair still works with mack, so we may see a mack launched coaster go into the forest behind splashworks

Would love to see that happen, even though I have my doubts. Behemoth and Leviathan are great,but tbh, I'm kind of getting sick of B&Ms, as all this part of the country really has in terms of large coasters is beemers.

Would love to see that happen, even though I have my doubts. Behemoth and Leviathan are great,but tbh, I'm kind of getting sick of B&Ms, as all this part of the country really has in terms of large coasters is beemers.

This is what I would call a luxury problem.

Yes, just be happy Canada's Wonderland has two awesome Hyper/Giga coasters. These Cedar Fair parks do not have any Giga Coasters or really good Hyper coasters:

-Knott's Berry Farm

-Michigan's Adventure

-California's Great America

-World's Of Fun

-Valleyfair

-Dorney Park

Yes, just be happy Canada's Wonderland has two awesome Hyper/Giga coasters. These Cedar Fair parks do not have any Giga Coasters or really good Hyper coasters:

-Knott's Berry Farm

-Michigan's Adventure

-World's Of Fun

-Valleyfair

-Dorney Park

Steel force is good and Mamba isnt to bad. And wild thing has a decent first drop and some floater air. Better then nothing

^I meant like a really good coaster with lots of airtime and that is smooth.

Umm...the Morgan hypers all fit in that category. Granted, there's not as much airtime as a B&M or Intamin mega coaster, but there's still quite a bit. Maybe you actually ride Mamba, Steel Force, or Wild Thing before you write them off.

-Knott's Berry Farm

-Michigan's Adventure

-World's Of Fun

-Valleyfair

-Dorney Park

No one on here is complaining that the park got a hyper and a giga.

Though it's not a crime to wish for some variety.

-Knott's Berry Farm

-Michigan's Adventure

-World's Of Fun

-Valleyfair

-Dorney Park

No one on here is complaining that the park got a hyper and a giga.

Though it's not a crime to wish for some variety.

Agreed. I honestly don't enjoy parks as much that are very B&M-heavy. Unless it's Busch Gardens Tampa.

^I meant like a really good coaster with lots of airtime and that is smooth.

Umm...the Morgan hypers all fit in that category. Granted, there's not as much airtime as a B&M or Intamin mega coaster, but there's still quite a bit. Maybe you actually ride Mamba, Steel Force, or Wild Thing before you write them off.

^ Nailed it. Steel Force (which I have actually been on) is very smooth and has great airtime on the bunny hops at the end. Also, with earlier mention of Knott's and Michigan's Adventure, Xcelerator and Shivering Timbers are both world class coasters that are very worthy of headlining a Cedar Fair Park (or any park). It doesn't take a Giga or a B&M hyper to have some good thrills