TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^Nope, unfortunatly they do not , but in 2016 they will get an awsonme B&M!

What makes you so confident of this? I'm not saying it won't happen, but there are other parks in the chain that are speculated to get major additions in 2016/17 as well. Kings Dominion, Valleyfair and potentially Cedar Point come to mind. One of those could be a less expensive addition (say a GCI) or a dark ride, though. Either way, very slim chance that more than one B&M would come to a Cedar Fair in any single year.

^Canada's Wonderland is supposed to get a new coaster every 4 years, I am not saying that they will 100% percent get one but I am saying that it is likely that they will get one. There have also have been markers in the ground near Skyrider were the new coaster would go and those markers were the same type of names that Leviathan had for it's markers. Names like C10, which is probably B&M.

I am not saying that they will 100% percent get one but I am saying that it is likely that they will get one. There have also have been markers in the ground near Skyrider were the new coaster would go and those markers were the same type of names that Leviathan had for it's markers. Names like C10, which is probably B&M.

This all makes sense, and I would agree

^Canada's Wonderland is supposed to get a new coaster every 4 years

Huh? Is this just an observation that their past two were four years apart, or do you know this to be true?

I think we may need to wait a little while and see how this pans out. There has been relatively little 2016 speculation. I would imagine Kings Dominion as a priority especially among those I listed. They're not "due" but it has been the longest of the larger Cedar Fair parks since Intimidator.

^ I have to agree that Kings Dominion will probably get a new coaster in 2016, but for Canada's Wonderland, they have gotten a new coaster every 4 years since Behemoth so it is just a guess, and if we do get a new coaster in 2016 it will be 3 coasters in 8 years. Keeping my fingers crossed for a new coaster!

Edited by nicman

^ I have to agree that Kings Dominion will probably get a new coaster in 2016, but for Canada's Wonderland, they have gotten a new coaster every 4 years since Behemoth so it is just a guess, and if we do get a new coaster in 2016 it will be 3 coasters in 8 years. Keeping my fingers crossed for a new coaster!

A four year gap between Behemoth and Leviathan means nothing. If CW gets a coaster in 2016, it won't be because of that.

Why do I feel like we're just going in circles and circles and circles......

Anyway, password122, Wonderland has hinted at a coaster with some pretty obvious "clues". That's all we know....and a Mamba trademark

Doesn't Cedar Fair already have the trademark Mamba?

Anyway, password122, Wonderland has hinted at a coaster with some pretty obvious "clues". That's all we know....and a Mamba trademark

Doesn't Cedar Fair already have the trademark Mamba?

In the US yes, but in 2012 they filed it for Canada.

Especially that the biggest clue was a "very big project" which could mean anything but I really think it is for a new coaster. Especially since they removed Skyrider, which probably means a new ride that will replace Skyrider. Still I cannot wait, too bad we do not have anymore clues since the park is closed.

Construction on the third entrance into Canada's Wonderland is underway, and retracking of Wild Beast as-well.

Took a small trip up as I live 5 minutes away, and theres a lot of construction going on in the parking lot for a third entrance into the park. It's not really anew entrance as the new hospital closed the third entrance down but part of the deal was Vaughan had to rebuild the entrance free of cost. So in 2015 we will finally have a better flow into the park and no more 1 hour wait to get in.

Also looks like Wild beast is getting some make over love <3

beast.thumb.jpg.3ab682706815ed0d7e83ec35cf1d9b96.jpg

wild beast retracking

836281832_photo(1).thumb.JPG.0b1fa3d4efbcbf30d60b835e535d95cf.JPG

third new entrance

741954570_photo(2).thumb.JPG.4881030c739ad548cc284acd81ea51d5.JPG

you can see where the new bridge is going to go over the highway

524341982_photo(3).thumb.JPG.e9f8eacc5aa03fcacb0eeeb3d24db17d.JPG

419956214_photo(4).thumb.JPG.e15ad57e877275b28b69c2a81d62575a.JPG

construction markers along the island

548374710_photo(5).thumb.JPG.1ec70860ab73f3eba0a9b19003e02269.JPG

trees cut down on island and more markers

photo.thumb.JPG.e9347da43c1fbbb3487c58405da93e71.JPG

^ Yes, finally a new update. Anyway I am happy to hear to Wild breast is getting retracked because it is really rough. I am also glad to see that the construction of the gate is going well.

It's going very nicely those pictures were taken about 2 weeks ago, I work and live like 5 minutes away from here. I tried getting out of my car yesterday to take pictures but they have heavy security at the staff entrance and was asked to leave lol. I'll try again soon from my car again.

^It is great that you live so close, it would be nice if we could somehow see the area around Skyrider.

May 2015 we can see the area, but based off the last photo update it looks like this new ride extends out towards the behemoth pond between splash works and minebuster as there were orange markings with column numbers on them.

I already bought my pass so I can do regular updates in 2015 and I mean almost daily updates like back when Leviathan was being built.

^May? I thought it opened at the end of April. Anyway I will be going there next may so I will be able to get a lot of shots.

This photo shows what I am going to predict as the temporary splash works entrance for 2015 is going to be as by the looks of things the area around skyrider is blocked off for 2016 coaster construction.

1845616962_tempsplashentrance.jpg.01851b0b2015de6a792dd4cf06ff311a.jpg

as you can the perfect line of construction markers leading into splash works