TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

It would ruin the appearance of the lake because there would be track all around that area.

it would be the lake's fault for setting itself up in a coaster park anyways.

At least a lake gives a park some good scenery!

I know this is a bit out of the blue, but has anyone ever considered dueling roller coasters for Canada's Wonderland?

I was always imagining that they could get a dueling coaster were one track has inverted trains and the other one would have flying trains. But that would cost way too much just like mightypotato said, so I do not think they will invest in one even though it would be awesome. Right now I really want a diving coaster if it had to be B&M. I want one because diving coasters have really cool seating and the vertigo drops are awesome, but then again most of the diving coasters are pretty short so it would not be that fun with a short ride.

I'm starting to plan my coaster excursions for next year, and I'm thinking of going to Wonderland on July 3rd as I'll have that day off for Independence Day. With Canada Day so close, is the park traditionally more crowded during that four day stretch between July 1st and 4th or would Friday morning be a good time to visit?

I'm starting to plan my coaster excursions for next year, and I'm thinking of going to Wonderland on July 3rd as I'll have that day off for Independence Day. With Canada Day so close, is the park traditionally more crowded during that four day stretch between July 1st and 4th or would Friday morning be a good time to visit?

Unless you happen to luck out weather-wise (heavy rain in the morning) any Wednesday through Sunday period in July will traditionally see the park operating at full capacity. Fast Lane Plus will be your best friend.

Wonderland on July 3rd

you will have the opportunity to meet lots of canadians, or at least stand in line behind them...

it will still be fun, but more crowded. go for the low capacity rides first: fly, thunder run, vortex, guardian: all are conveniently grouped close together. Behemoth and Leviathan lines move fast. Try to ride sledgehammer before it breaks down for the day. You could easily skip the slc headbanger and vekoma boomerang.

If you really want to enjoy your day, skip Flight Deck, Time Warp and Wild Beast because those are all painful. The Bat, Mighty Canadian Minebuster and Dragon Fire are okay but still a bit rough. Also make sure you get a funnel cake, they are soooooo good. If it is supposed to rain or is cloudy, the lines will be much shorter but on a hot sunny summer day you will probably need fastlane. There is a deal now at Canada's Wonderland for fast lane. Or go in May and you will have short lines.

1959516380_Untitled(2).jpg.9e18d7d3197072c65a54d3e30cb6847d.jpg

The Deal for fastlane

Wonderland on July 3rd

it will still be fun, but more crowded. go for the low capacity rides first: fly, thunder run, vortex, guardian: all are conveniently grouped close together. Behemoth and Leviathan lines move fast. Try to ride sledgehammer before it breaks down for the day. You could easily skip the slc headbanger and vekoma boomerang.

I have to disagree with Vortex being a low capacity ride. I have never waited more than 30 minutes for a front seat ride with a full queue.

I only ever go to the park on weekdays in the summer during peak season. Crowds are usually MUCH lighter through the week. I would still suggest purchasing fast lane / fast lane plus so that you can enjoy your time in the park and ride all the great flats.

Not anything major but it looks like the hill separating the employee parking lot and Major Mac has been completely dug out.....could this be the reopening of the second gate?

For now it is clear that they are using the gap to make construction on the hospital easier but once the hospital is done....

EDIT: probably also worth noting that a good chunk of the employee parking lot has been demolished.

^

Say what?

You know how the parking lot is surrounded by a hill that runs between the lot and public roads? At the employee parking area, part of the hill has been dug out (aka demolished) as well as part of the employee parking lot (concrete has been removed).

Also the park used to have a second gate on the north side but it closed after the park sold the land to Vaughn for the hospital. It sat abandoned up until a month ago when it was demolished. According to someone on CW Mania, the second gate is supposed to be rebuilt soon.

And by "gate" I mean "car entrance"...sorry for any confusion!

^ They are currently constructing a hospital on land that used to be owned by CW, in this case a road that lead to the staff parking, as well as a parking lot exit has to be removed, and re-routed to allow for construction. From what we have seen in the past couple pages the progress on the supposed "new ride" is moving along quite well.