TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

So because GateKeeper had restraint problems and Parrot Coaster had rattle problems, B&M can't be trusted?

And you did not just call Disney boring.... I officially have no idea what a great (or even good) amusement park is in your eyes.

The reason why Disney is boring for me is because I prefer thrills. Anyway If the new coaster were to be a Wing coaster I would prefer the layout to be similar to Gatekeepers layout but extended with a few changes to make it unique. What would you like the layout to be if it were a Wing coaster?

So because GateKeeper had restraint problems and Parrot Coaster had rattle problems, B&M can't be trusted?

And you did not just call Disney boring.... I officially have no idea what a great (or even good) amusement park is in your eyes.

The reason why Disney is boring for me is because I prefer thrills. Anyway If the new coaster were to be a Wing coaster I would prefer the layout to be similar to Gatekeepers layout but extended with a few changes to make it unique. What would you like the layout to be if it were a Wing coaster?

Apparently GateKeeper isn't a favourite to enthusiasts. Neither am I fan of Wing's in general as loading times are longer (effecting capacity).

Oh and you should take a trip to Magic Mountain then.

Wing coasters are the most boring coasters ever made. You would be better off with a floorless, or something closer to Maverick.

Apparently GateKeeper isn't a favourite to enthusiasts. Neither am I fan of Wing's in general as loading times are longer (effecting capacity).

Oh and you should take a trip to Magic Mountain then.

It would give it some uniqueness to the park. If loading times are a problem then I do not think that Canada's Wonderland will get a Wing coaster without solving this problem because of their attendance. Which type of coaster would you like that goes with the theming of Ziz?

How are loading times a problem? You don't have to adjust each seat like you would with a B&M stand-up coaster. Get enough ride attendants to operate the ride and to hustle a little bit and pretty much any B&M could pull a fairly high hourly throughput. This is why GateKeeper is my favorite ride to work at CP. It's very fast-paced and a real people-eater. It's about the highest capacity coaster at CP (up there with Magnum) and gets more riders than Leviathan or Behemoth can at CW.

Gatekeeper has some of the best capacity in the park (right up there with gemini and magnum). I remember talking to some people there one time about how with a proper crew it can be the fastest in the park. As much as I didn't like the ride, I will admit that it eats people like no tomorrow!

It's about the highest capacity coaster at CP (up there with Magnum) and gets more riders than Leviathan or Behemoth can at CW.
Leviathan, when the crew is working well pumps trains out every 45 seconds. Is Gatekeeper that fast?

It's less than that. Also, that 45 seconds is a load and unload time and doesn't include when the trains are entering and exiting the station. If a train was dispatched every 45 seconds, leviathan would have over 2,500 riders in an hour which isn't even physically possible. On a good day with a good crew, GateKeeper can hit 1600-1700 pph or even more.

It's about the highest capacity coaster at CP (up there with Magnum) and gets more riders than Leviathan or Behemoth can at CW.
Leviathan, when the crew is working well pumps trains out every 45 seconds. Is Gatekeeper that fast?

It's less than that. Also, that 45 seconds is a load and unload time and doesn't include when the trains are entering and exiting the station. If a train was dispatched every 45 seconds, leviathan would have over 2,500 riders in an hour which isn't even physically possible. On a good day with a good crew, GateKeeper can hit 1600-1700 pph or even more.

I don't know how GateKeeper operates but don't you have to unload everyone BEFORE you load because the exit and entrance are on the same sides of the station?

^Yeah, I'm imagining the station being insanely crowded if they are pushing more people through than Leviathan. I know it's split up on two sides, but I'm still impressed that the GP are that organized down at CP. Though I'm sure Gatekeepers capacity would be greatly effected if it had bins like Leviathan.

Gatekeeper has some of the best capacity in the park (right up there with gemini and magnum). I remember talking to some people there one time about how with a proper crew it can be the fastest in the park. As much as I didn't like the ride, I will admit that it eats people like no tomorrow!

But surely that can be said about any B&M, aside for the stand-ups.

I have been to La Ronde as well and a few other boring parks like Disney.

I know sarcasm doesn't convey well on forums but I truly hope you were kidding about Disney being a boring park lol

Anyways, back on topic, wing riders do have great capacity as well as visual impact that I feel the GP would love. I've been on the three in the US (Gatekeeper, Wild Eagle and X-Flight) and of those three X-Flight was my favorite but not cause of the ride experience but cause of the theme and the close calls.

If that is what we end up getting, cause clearly none of here actually know so it's all speculation based off trends and such at this point, I will be happy as I know it would be a great fit for the park.

One of the important things for a new coaster at Canada's Wonderland is the capacity because they have such a high attendance. I think that Canada's Wonderland will probably get a Wing coaster but if I could choose the coaster I would choose a massive RMC Hybrid.

One of the important things for a new coaster at Canada's Wonderland is the capacity because they have such a high attendance. I think that Canada's Wonderland will probably get a Wing coaster but if I could choose the coaster I would choose a massive RMC Hybrid.

Based off the markings that were found....it will most likely be a steel coaster.

First of all, you just said you think they were NOT getting a wing coaster, now you say they are? I really wonder how your mind works.

First of all, you just said you think they were NOT getting a wing coaster, now you say they are? I really wonder how your mind works.

I changed my mind after I knew that Wing coasters have a great capacity. Anyway here is my updated top 5 roller coaster types that I would want for the new Canada's Wonderland coaster.

1.RMC Hybrid

2.Intamin launched coaster like Maverick

3.B&M invert

4.Wing coaster

5.Floorless coaster