TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^Remember, Kinzel isn't in charge anymore.

What did Kinzel do when he was in charge?

Bought out the Paramount Parks and dump all of their licensed properties and renamed rides to something like "Backlot Stunt Coaster" and "Flight Deck"!

^There is a news article on the Internet that quotes the VP of marketing saying "for those that have followed us the last few years, they will have a pretty good idea of what is coming".

I'm on my phone right now so I'll find the article later.

I understand that CW is most likely getting a new coaster in 2015. They pull the most guest in a year every season. Its understandable. People saying that the park is neglected and NEEDS something is getting crazy. But I do agree there deserving giving the parks performance, and they really need a good looper

I agree that a lot of parks are due for a new coaster. That is why I was disappointed when Carowinds got Fury325 instead of any other neglected Cedar Fair park. It seems that the only parks Cedar Fair cares about is Canada's Wonderland, Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Kings Islande and of course Cedar Point. I think the reason why Michigan's Adventure is so neglected is because Cedar Point is close to Michigan's Adventure and Cedar Fair wants more people to go to Cedar Point than Michigan's Adventure. I wish Cedar Fair would sell Michigan's Adventure to someone who is interested in making it better.

It was only Paramount that was neglecting Canada's Wonderland, as soon as Cedar Fair bought it they completely turned this park around.

I don't think MiA being close to CP is the reason why they are neglected because KI is actually slightly closer to CP than MiA, but Cedar Fair has made some significant investments in KI with Diamondback and Banshee.

^There is a news article on the Internet that quotes the VP of marketing saying "for those that have followed us the last few years, they will have a pretty good idea of what is coming".

I'm on my phone right now so I'll find the article later.

I understand that CW is most likely getting a new coaster in 2015. They pull the most guest in a year every season. Its understandable. People saying that the park is neglected and NEEDS something is getting crazy. But I do agree there deserving giving the parks performance, and they really need a good looper

I agree that a lot of parks are due for a new coaster. That is why I was disappointed when Carowinds got Fury325 instead of any other neglected Cedar Fair park. It seems that the only parks Cedar Fair cares about is Canada's Wonderland, Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Kings Islande and of course Cedar Point. I think the reason why Michigan's Adventure is so neglected is because Cedar Point is close to Michigan's Adventure and Cedar Fair wants more people to go to Cedar Point than Michigan's Adventure. I wish Cedar Fair would sell Michigan's Adventure to someone who is interested in making it better.

It was only Paramount that was neglecting Canada's Wonderland, as soon as Cedar Fair bought it they completely turned this park around.

I don't think MiA being close to CP is the reason why they are neglected because KI is actually slightly closer to CP than MiA, but Cedar Fair has made some significant investments in KI with Diamondback and Banshee.

You are right, then why is Michigan's Adventure so neglected?

I wouldn't call Michigan's Adventure neglected. Yes, their last coaster was a used SLC, but that coaster WORKS in that park, and it's not the worst SLC in the world. Even though they may not get huge additions all the time, what they have is maintained REALLY well. Shivering Timbers is an excellent wooden coaster, and it runs beautifully. It's a charming park with a lot of character. It's certainly not a neglected park by any means.

Also, this thread is about Canada's Wonderland. Why must you keep bringing up MiA here? There's a thread for it, too.

With SkyRider's removal, they got a lot of open space in the middle of the park, so they have a lot of options with what they could build. I'd be really excited if they were the first to try out Vekoma's mega looping coaster concept, but that's just being optimistic. A good launched coaster would also do well, making up for what Back Lot Stunt Coaster lacks.

It's actually quite surprising how many coasters CW has gotten since being bought by Cedar Fair (2 large giga coasters and WMG, if we consider it a coaster). With the removal of SkyRider, they're back down to 16 coasters... which is as much coasters as Cedar Point has. Either CF has really big plans for CW, or they just love having a property in Canada that's 10x than whatever Six Flags has up there.

With SkyRider's removal, they got a lot of open space in the middle of the park, so they have a lot of options with what they could build. I'd be really excited if they were the first to try out Vekoma's mega looping coaster concept, but that's just being optimistic. A good launched coaster would also do well, making up for what Back Lot Stunt Coaster lacks.

Vekoma? really?

no no it will be different this time...

I also think Back lot stunt coaster deserves more respect (and attention from the park) that it gets.

The launch and first helix are pretty cool. The last part after the brake run is a bit confusing because they turned off all of the effects and it becomes a dark ride. (a better dark ride than wmg though...) To finish with a waterless splashdown? really, you can't get that to work either?

Any idea why they just turned off all of the effects? Maybe a bit of re theming and turning the effects on would be nice.

How about the theme of driving in downtown Toronto after 4 more years of crackhead ford administration. Burned out streetcars, and heaps of mangled bicycles and condemned highways falling down on you? The grand finale would be to splash down in Ontario place.

Just a thought.

^ That was the problem I had with CW's Backlot: the effects not working. The splashdown isn't turned on at Kings Island anymore either, and I suspect it's the same as KD's. Although...that Rob Ford idea would be amazing!

For what it's worth, the splashdown never worked at Canada's Wonderland.

^ That was the problem I had with CW's Backlot: the effects not working. The splashdown isn't turned on at Kings Island anymore either, and I suspect it's the same as KD's. Although...that Rob Ford idea would be amazing!

For what it's worth, the splashdown never worked at Canada's Wonderland.

Well, it sort of did in the first year. I believe one side did but never to the full potential. Still a fun ride regardless of the effects, just not at it's full themed potential sadly.

It's actually quite surprising how many coasters CW has gotten since being bought by Cedar Fair (2 large giga coasters and WMG, if we consider it a coaster). With the removal of SkyRider, they're back down to 16 coasters... which is as much coasters as Cedar Point has. Either CF has really big plans for CW, or they just love having a property in Canada that's 10x than whatever Six Flags has up there.

Have you ever been on a Vekoma SLC? I would not like a Vekoma coaster because not only are they rough and painful, Canada's Wonderland needs a superior smooth ride to make it a world class park(okay maybe if they removed Flight Deck and Time warp it would be a world class park). Canada's Wonderland already has enough rough rides so they do not need another rough and painful roller coaster. I think one of the reasons why Cedar Fair likes Canada's Wonderland so much is because it is the best amusement park in Canada. A lot of my class mates have been to Canada's Wonderland instead of La Ronde even though La Ronde is much closer were we live. I think the reason why Canada's Wonderland has a much higher attendance than La Ronde is because of there advertising, like I see commercials all the time for Canada's Wonderland and none for La Ronde. Anyway for a new coaster I would just like to see a new forceful B&M.

[quote name=

Have you ever been on a Vekoma SLC? I would not like a Vekoma coaster because not only are they rough and painful' date=' Canada's Wonderland needs a superior smooth ride to make it a world class park(okay maybe if they removed Flight Deck and Time warp it would be a world class park). Canada's Wonderland already has enough rough rides so they do not need another rough and painful roller coaster. I think one of the reasons why Cedar Fair likes Canada's Wonderland so much is because it is the best amusement park in Canada. A lot of my class mates have been to Canada's Wonderland instead of La Ronde even though La Ronde is much closer were we live. I think the reason why Canada's Wonderland has a much higher attendance than La Ronde is because of there advertising, like I see commercials all the time for Canada's Wonderland and none for La Ronde. Anyway for a new coaster I would just like to see a new forceful B&M.[/quote]

I bet that I have been on more SLC's then you, and some are actually pretty fun coasters. I bet I have been on more vekoma models as well, once again, some can be very fun rides. i have been on all manufactures, and all have there bad rides and all have there good rides.

[quote name=

Have you ever been on a Vekoma SLC? I would not like a Vekoma coaster because not only are they rough and painful' date=' Canada's Wonderland needs a superior smooth ride to make it a world class park(okay maybe if they removed Flight Deck and Time warp it would be a world class park). Canada's Wonderland already has enough rough rides so they do not need another rough and painful roller coaster. I think one of the reasons why Cedar Fair likes Canada's Wonderland so much is because it is the best amusement park in Canada. A lot of my class mates have been to Canada's Wonderland instead of La Ronde even though La Ronde is much closer were we live. I think the reason why Canada's Wonderland has a much higher attendance than La Ronde is because of there advertising, like I see commercials all the time for Canada's Wonderland and none for La Ronde. Anyway for a new coaster I would just like to see a new forceful B&M.[/quote]

I bet that I have been on more SLC's then you, and some are actually pretty fun coasters. I bet I have been on more vekoma models as well, once again, some can be very fun rides. i have been on all manufactures, and all have there bad rides and all have there good rides.

The only bad rides from B&M are the standup coasters which no one is buying, other than that B&M is a solid company with no flaws. I just wish their new coasters would be more forceful. I think Canada's Wonderland will get a new forceful roller coaster and maybe it will be one of the best roller coasters B&M will have ever made.

Edited by nicman

[quote name=

The only bad rides from B&M are the standup coasters which no one is buying, other than that B&M is a solid company with no flaws. I just wish their new coasters would be more forceful. I think Canada's Wonderland will get a new forceful roller coaster and maybe it will be one of the best roller coasters B&M will have ever made.

With every post you make, it seems more and more likely that CW is the only park you've ever been to. Anyways, Standups were a fad. So the model isn't bad, the market just isn't there anymore. Oh, and Wonderland is already a destination park (not Disney standard but destination park, yes)

[quote name=

With every post you make, it seems more and more likely that CW is the only park you've ever been to. Anyways, Standups were a fad. So the model isn't bad, the market just isn't there anymore. Oh, and Wonderland is already a destination park (not Disney standard but destination park, yes)

I have been to La Ronde as well and a few other boring parks like Disney.

Have you ever been on a Vekoma SLC? I would not like a Vekoma coaster because not only are they rough and painful, Canada's Wonderland needs a superior smooth ride to make it a world class park(okay maybe if they removed Flight Deck and Time warp it would be a world class park). Canada's Wonderland already has enough rough rides so they do not need another rough and painful roller coaster. I think one of the reasons why Cedar Fair likes Canada's Wonderland so much is because it is the best amusement park in Canada. A lot of my class mates have been to Canada's Wonderland instead of La Ronde even though La Ronde is much closer were we live. I think the reason why Canada's Wonderland has a much higher attendance than La Ronde is because of there advertising, like I see commercials all the time for Canada's Wonderland and none for La Ronde. Anyway for a new coaster I would just like to see a new forceful B&M.

Have you ridden a new vekoma? The new track design and trains make it a pretty smooth ride.

Have you ridden a new vekoma? The new track design and trains make it a pretty smooth ride.

No, I have never been on one or even seen one. I do not think I can trust Vekoma after going on a Vekoma SLC, anyway back to discussing CW.

So because GateKeeper had restraint problems and Parrot Coaster had rattle problems, B&M can't be trusted?

And you did not just call Disney boring.... I officially have no idea what a great (or even good) amusement park is in your eyes.