TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^^Whaaaaaaa? Wonderland is no where near neglected. I think you may believe that Wonderland is being neglected because we have all the "firsts" (first dark ride, first B&M giga, etc) which were all prototypes...things improve as time goes on (aka Fury 325) so just because we may not have the biggest and greatest creations does not mean the park is neglected.

Also keep in mind that Wonderland has the most attendance for any CF park.

Do you think that Canada's Wonderland is a bit neglected compared to Cedar Point and other Cedar Fair parks?

If this was 2007 or earlier, I'd say yes because before Behemoth, they didn't really have anything that would make coaster enthusiasts want to go there, but now that they have two B&M megacoasters, I wouldn't call that neglect at all. Although, they were a Paramount park from 1994 to 2006, and that may have had something to do with it.

It seams to the only good rides at the park are Leviathan Behemoth and maybe Wonder Mountain's Guardian. But other Cedar Fair parks like Carowinds and Cedar Point have better roller coasters. Like Cedar Point will have a B & M floorless, have a giga coaster, a hyper coaster, an awesome Intamin coaster(Maverick), a B & M invert, a Wing coaster, a inverted impulse coaster and a rare strata coaster. So it seems like Canada's Wonderland is a bit neglected for roller coasters. And since they have a huge attendance they should get a new coaster at least every 3 years.

It seams to the only good rides at the park are Leviathan Behemoth and maybe Wonder Mountain's Guardian. But other Cedar Fair parks like Carowinds and Cedar Point have better roller coasters. Like Cedar Point will have a B & M floorless, have a giga coaster, a hyper coaster, an awesome Intamin coaster(Maverick), a B & M invert, a Wing coaster, a inverted impulse coaster and a rare strata coaster. So it seems like Canada's Wonderland is a bit neglected for roller coasters. And since they have a huge attendance they should get a new coaster at least every 3 years.

I believe only 3 of those Cedar Point coasters were after Cedar Fair bought out the paramount parks. Look at what CW has got in the last couple years compared to what the other CF parks have got!

It seams to the only good rides at the park are Leviathan Behemoth and maybe Wonder Mountain's Guardian. But other Cedar Fair parks like Carowinds and Cedar Point have better roller coasters. Like Cedar Point will have a B & M floorless, have a giga coaster, a hyper coaster, an awesome Intamin coaster(Maverick), a B & M invert, a Wing coaster, a inverted impulse coaster and a rare strata coaster. So it seems like Canada's Wonderland is a bit neglected for roller coasters.

Umm... regardless of quality, Canada's Wonderland has 16 roller coasters, it's currently tied for the most coasters in Cedar Fair parks! I really don't think that's exactly neglecting, especially since they've gotten 2 B&M hypers in the last 5 years, one of them being a giga-coaster, and a one of a kind shooting ride this year.

I believe only 3 of those Cedar Point coasters were after Cedar Fair bought out the paramount parks. Look at what CW has got in the last couple years compared to what the other CF parks have got!

I guess, but I still think they should get a new coaster at least every 3 years. Parks like Michigan's Adventure have not gotten a new roller coaster in 7 years.

I guess, but I still think they should get a new coaster at least every 3 years. Parks like Michigan's Adventure have not gotten a new roller coaster in 7 years.

Cedar fair, isnt always super fair. But I have seen them do great things with there parks. There doing great things.

p.s, dont expect a coaster every 3 years. No park will do that

CW has a decent collection of coasters, 1 of which is a giga coaster! Visit SFStL or MiA if you think CW is neglected.

Edited by DJeXeL

It seams to the only good rides at the park are Leviathan Behemoth and maybe Wonder Mountain's Guardian. But other Cedar Fair parks like Carowinds and Cedar Point have better roller coasters. Like Cedar Point will have a B & M floorless, have a giga coaster, a hyper coaster, an awesome Intamin coaster(Maverick), a B & M invert, a Wing coaster, a inverted impulse coaster and a rare strata coaster. So it seems like Canada's Wonderland is a bit neglected for roller coasters.

Umm... regardless of quality, Canada's Wonderland has 16 roller coasters, it's currently tied for the most coasters in Cedar Fair parks! I really don't think that's exactly neglecting, especially since they've gotten 2 B&M hypers in the last 5 years, one of them being a giga-coaster, and a one of a kind shooting ride this year.

Most of those 16 coasters are rough and boring, only Leviathan, Behemoth and Vortex are good.

Just be happy with what you got. Remember that Paramount screwed Wonderland over....look what Cedar Fair has done since. From what CF has done, they have given great rides to the park.

If you want to get technical, the only reason why B&M ever made a giga was because it was a "sorry that we couldn't give you the invert you wanted" gift to Wonderland....not Cedar Fair (B&M initially refused to build Leviathan but later came around). So Fury 325 may have never even existed if history was different.

Than I guess Paramount Parks was neglecting Canada's Wonderland!

Edited by nicman

Just be happy with what you got. Remember that Paramount screwed Wonderland over....look what Cedar Fair has done since. From what CF has done, they have given great rides to the park.

If you want to get technical, the only reason why B&M ever made a giga was because it was a "sorry that we couldn't give you the invert you wanted" gift to Wonderland....not Cedar Fair (B&M initially refused to build Leviathan but later came around). So Fury 325 may have never even existed if history was different.

Yeah, but I would have preferred no new coaster for a while if it was a Vekoma SLC

Regarding the 1995 B&M invert fallout, there are two sides to every story and we have only heard the park's side of the story so they can say whatever they want. There is something the park isn't telling us. B&M is a professional company that if they did make a deal with Cedar Point that no other inverts could be built in a 200 mile radius, they would let the park know immediately instead of wasting their time and resources on a layout.

So this is my wild conspiracy theory:

Cedar Point did make a deal with B&M that no inverts could be built within 200 miles of the park, and B&M informed CW of this. CW then pays CP for an exception which Cedar Point agrees to since Wonderland isn't really in competition with CP. Plans for an invert at CW get underway, but the park and B&M have a falling out, the plans fall through and an SLC goes in instead. CW gets their money back from CP, and the park swore never to reveal this secret, and instead puts all the blame on CP.

Disclaimer: I don't think this is serious, nor what actually happened, though the park definitely is holding something back. Plus I'm sure B&M would have built a giga for any park that asked for one, not just because they felt bad for Wonderland.

Do you think that Canada's Wonderland is a bit neglected compared to Cedar Point and other Cedar Fair parks?

Yeah you are right. Leviathan and Behemoth were such cheap investments and are completely worthless coasters. You should be jealous of Worlds of Fun. They are getting swan boats next year.

Yeah you are right. Leviathan and Behemoth were such cheap investments and are completely worthless coasters. You should be jealous of Worlds of Fun. They are getting swan boats next year.

Most of those 16 coasters are rough and boring, only Leviathan, Behemoth and Vortex are good.

Really? I mean, this comment....

You guys have Thunder Run, a decent family powered-coaster. You also have Back-Lot Stunt Coaster, another decent family coaster. Not to mention the several, unique flat rides CW has. Then you have trees and great landscaping, something most modern North American parks lack. Don't talk about CW being neglected. Heck, Cedar Fair pays more attention to CW than Six Flags does to Magic Mountain, which gets negative reviews from enthusiasts for bad operations and a messy park.

Also, let's not forget that CW is due for a new coaster in 2016. I'd like to see you still complaining that your park gets neglected.

In terms of the B&M layout for an inverted I thought it was to be a clone of the of one from Great America - so I don't think the design work was too intensivly done or that was unprofessional for B&M to start planning.

Wasn't there a real debate over how distance was to be calculated with Wonderland thinking they were in clear only to be faced with Cedar Fair challenging the distance as being two miles short. I am sure law suits were threatened and so Wonderland took the cheaper approach and went Vekoma.

It is a shame that the SLCs are so rough as they really are a sexy design. Especially with the way the first drop comes down over the midway.

Really? I mean, this comment....

You guys have Thunder Run, a decent family powered-coaster. You also have Back-Lot Stunt Coaster, another decent family coaster. Not to mention the several, unique flat rides CW has. Then you have trees and great landscaping, something most modern North American parks lack. Don't talk about CW being neglected. Heck, Cedar Fair pays more attention to CW than Six Flags does to Magic Mountain, which gets negative reviews from enthusiasts for bad operations and a messy park.

Also, let's not forget that CW is due for a new coaster in 2016. I'd like to see you still complaining that your park gets neglected.

I cannot agree with this post more. Canada's Wonderland has been anything but neglected since Cedar Fair took over. Maybe he just doesn't remember the dark days of Paramount.