TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Here are a few pictures from my rct2 Canada's Wonderland park.

SCR1.BMP

Behemoth

SCR9.BMP

Canada's Wonderland

SCR10.BMP

Skyrider

SCR12.BMP

Leviathan

SCR13.BMP

Wonder Mountain

SCR14.BMP

The two rough rides

SCR15.BMP

The water park

SCR16.BMP

Stunt Coaster

SCR17.BMP

Only time were Leviathan's line is empty

SCR18.BMP

Behemoth

SCR19.BMP

Canadian

^Great park!

That reminds me. One of the great (or at least interesting ) things about skyrider, was that it seemed to be the only coaster anywhere, to my knowledge, that you could copy exactly in RCT.

Thanks, I decided to leave Skyrider until the new coaster is released, then I will remove Skyrider then make that new coaster.

Sad news from Wonderland

1 dead after double stabbing at Canada’s Wonderland

A man is dead and another is in critical condition after a stabbing at Canada’s Wonderland early Sunday morning.

Police in York Region said they got a call around 12:30 a.m. about an incident at the amusement park, at Jane Street and Major Mackenzie Drive West, in Vaughan.

When they arrived in the parking lot, they found two men with apparent stab wounds.

One, a man in his 20s, died there. The other was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.

The park’s annual Halloween Haunt event was taking place on Saturday night.

Homicide detectives are asking any witnesses, or other victims, to call them at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 7865, or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (9477).

^Agreed. Many people say that flight deck is too popular to remove, however, stand outside the entrance/exit and whatch as people go in and out. People will look at it, think it'll be fun, and come off holding their heads and necks in pain. RARELY does anyone ride twice (at least from what Ive seen).

Rides tend to be removed when they are at the end of their life cycle. That combined with the placement of the coaster probably made SkyRider the obvious choice to go in the minds of management.

What about Mantis turning into Rougarou. Mantis is rough and got changed to a floorless coaster. Cedair Fair is just trying to make Cedair Point perfect. They should try to make Canada's Wonderland perfect.

What's your point? Cedar Fair is not removing a coaster, the park is modifying a coaster.

My point is that Canada's Wonderland should get the new restrains on Flight Deck as soon as possible. And that Cedair Fair cares more about Cedair Point than Canada's Wonderland.

Sad news from Wonderland

1 dead after double stabbing at Canada’s Wonderland

A man is dead and another is in critical condition after a stabbing at Canada’s Wonderland early Sunday morning.

Police in York Region said they got a call around 12:30 a.m. about an incident at the amusement park, at Jane Street and Major Mackenzie Drive West, in Vaughan.

When they arrived in the parking lot, they found two men with apparent stab wounds.

One, a man in his 20s, died there. The other was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.

The park’s annual Halloween Haunt event was taking place on Saturday night.

Homicide detectives are asking any witnesses, or other victims, to call them at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 7865, or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (9477).

Sorry for double posting,

That is horrible, I think the last incident like that at Canada's Wonderland was the shooting in 2003. I Hope this will change Canada's Wonderland security. I think it might have something to do with the Halloween Haunt, like with the costumes and probably some maniac did it when he was dressed up.

As I was leaving the park last night, I knew something wasn't right. It started with one police car going into the parking lot (at that point I thought it was to direct traffic because the parking lot was in grid lock) but then one siren turned into two, turned into three, turned into a fire truck and ambulance.

There were some police dealing with several issues in the park through out the night last night, so whether that had anything to do with it, I don't know.

Terrible news. Never really heard of any major security issues at the park before this.

In general has anyone noticed that this year's been pretty rough for parks in terms of incidents? It seems worse than previous years IMO.

What incident's were there this year?

^Agreed. Many people say that flight deck is too popular to remove, however, stand outside the entrance/exit and whatch as people go in and out. People will look at it, think it'll be fun, and come off holding their heads and necks in pain. RARELY does anyone ride twice (at least from what Ive seen).

Rides tend to be removed when they are at the end of their life cycle. That combined with the placement of the coaster probably made SkyRider the obvious choice to go in the minds of management.

What about Mantis turning into Rougarou. Mantis is rough and got changed to a floorless coaster. Cedair Fair is just trying to make Cedair Point perfect. They should try to make Canada's Wonderland perfect.

What's your point? Cedar Fair is not removing a coaster, the park is modifying a coaster.

My point is that Canada's Wonderland should get the new restrains on Flight Deck as soon as possible. And that Cedair Fair cares more about Cedair Point than Canada's Wonderland.

You need to take into consideration the return on investment for every decision each park makes. New restraints on Flight Deck likely won't increase ridership because ridership is already high. It also isn't very marketable unlike the Mantis conversion. Cedar Fair is trying to make each park as profitable as possible, they don't care about one park more than another.

As I was leaving the park last night, I knew something wasn't right. It started with one police car going into the parking lot (at that point I thought it was to direct traffic because the parking lot was in grid lock) but then one siren turned into two, turned into three, turned into a fire truck and ambulance.

There were some police dealing with several issues in the park through out the night last night, so whether that had anything to do with it, I don't know.

I had the same feeling too. I was stuck in the line waiting to get out to Rutherford and I saw multiple ambulances and police cars zoom by going the other direction. It's really sad.

You need to take into consideration the return on investment for every decision each park makes. New restraints on Flight Deck likely won't increase ridership because ridership is already high. It also isn't very marketable unlike the Mantis conversion. Cedar Fair is trying to make each park as profitable as possible, they don't care about one park more than another.

Flight Deck has the shortest line in the park. Then how come Michigan's Adventure did not get a coaster in 7 years and that was a used Vekoma SlC, they probably took the money from Michigan's Adventure for Cedar Point.

Personally, I didn't think the vest restraints made that much of a difference on Morey's SLC

At least your head did not get bumped a 100 times.

Something to add about the stabbing.

There was no link between the stabbings and the Halloween Haunt event happening inside Wonderland at the time, police said.

Flight Deck has the shortest line in the park. Then how come Michigan's Adventure did not get a coaster in 7 years and that was a used Vekoma SlC, they probably took the money from Michigan's Adventure for Cedar Point.

Flight Deck is far, far from the shortest line in the park.

And again, consider the ROI on the SLC going to Michigan's Adventure. This is a park that gets only around 1 million visitors, and its main draw is the water park. Parks this small cannot afford big coasters every 4-5 years like larger parks that get approx. 3.5 million like CP and CW, so when a used ride comes available, it should pay off well for the small park. And I highly doubt Michigan's Adventure is subsidizing Cedar Point, especially since Cedar Point went 5 years without a coaster after the SLC went to MA.

A 21-year-old man is dead and another is in hospital with life-threatening injuries after a double stabbing in the parking lot of Canada's Wonderland in Vaughan, Ont., early Sunday.

York Regional Police say the stabbings occurred in the parking lot shortly after midnight, as the amusement park's Halloween Haunt event wrapped up.

One man was pronounced dead on the scene and the other was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries, police said. He remained in serious condition in the afternoon.

Forensic investigators cordoned off a large section of the parking lot Sunday morning and remained on scene through the afternoon.

The amusement park north of Toronto remains open and has not cancelled its annual Halloween Haunt event, which runs from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m. until Halloween.

A Wonderland representative told CTV Toronto that staff do not believe the stabbing was connected to the event, and that metal detectors at entry gates would have prevented anyone with a weapon from accessing the park.

The metal detectors were installed in 2003 after a man was shot and killed as the park was closing for the night.

The Wonderland official said the park has turned over security camera footage to investigators.

Police have not released any information on possible suspects at this time. They are asking witnesses and any others injured in the stabbings to contact police immediately. Link to article

^^Agreed.

Flight Deck is far, far from the shortest line in the park.

And again, consider the ROI on the SLC going to Michigan's Adventure. This is a park that gets only around 1 million visitors, and its main draw is the water park. Parks this small cannot afford big coasters every 4-5 years like larger parks that get approx. 3.5 million like CP and CW, so when a used ride comes available, it should pay off well for the small park. And I highly doubt Michigan's Adventure is subsidizing Cedar Point, especially since Cedar Point went 5 years without a coaster after the SLC went to MA.

But still Michigan's Adventure has not gotten a new coaster in years, you think they would at least try to get a decent B & M by now.

For Skyrider, I thought it was going to a museum, but I also heard somewhere that is was sold by someone in Italy.