TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Megalite ^

The park already has a hyper and a giga, so a hyper-lite would complete the trio, it's perfect.

A coaster like that is not big enough for Canada's wonderland. It also has to be a 'Very Big Project'

I think zzz would be a better name for a wing coaster the ziz

Don't know if I'm using this right, but

You can almost guarantee that Canada's Wonderland will be teasing "Ziz" for their 2016 attraction. My money's on a B&M launched of some sort. Wing seems like the most obvious one.

A launched wing coaster could not be a very big project.

The problem with a launched wing coaster is that the trains need to be shortened to be light enough for the launch (see Holiday World) and with CW's attendance, I really doubt CF would want to limit capacity like that. If it is going to be a launched coaster, I would expect it to be a sit-down or floorless train.

You can almost guarantee that Canada's Wonderland will be teasing "Ziz" for their 2016 attraction. My money's on a B&M launched of some sort. Wing seems like the most obvious one.

The problem with a launched wing coaster is that the trains need to be shortened to be light enough for the launch (see Holiday World) and with CW's attendance, I really doubt CF would want to limit capacity like that. If it is going to be a launched coaster, I would expect it to be a sit-down or floorless train.

While you're completely right about shorter trains, what about smaller five car trains but instead of three, having like six. Cedar Fair did this with Maverick and Top Thrill Dragster. Also, dual stations could be used to increase capacity even more.

If it were a launched coaster it would probably not be floor less because their has not been any floor less launched coasters yet. It will probably either a regular wing coaster, a B & M invert or a flying coaster.

While you're completely right about shorter trains, what about smaller five car trains but instead of three, having like six. Cedar Fair did this with Maverick and Top Thrill Dragster. Also, dual stations could be used to increase capacity even more.

Then they would waste time on locking in. But they would need either several brake runs or a very long brake run at the end for all those trains.

kings dominion needs another coasters, it's been 5 years, and by 2016 6. valley fair as well. 2016 is probably CW, VF, and KD's big year for a coaster

VF will get a $10,000,000 - $15,000,000 coaster

KD with the $20,000,000 + coaster

CW with the $25,000,000 +

Still cheering on this design though, tweaked it up a bit too! since that launch is too small!

I think that layout will be the real layout only for were it goes not the inversions, turns,ect

thumb_canada_s_wonderland_2016_wingrider_layout_0.png.b4336a28777e8dc0ea9a8bd1e2a307cf.png

If it were a launched coaster it would probably not be floor less because their has not been any floor less launched coasters yet. It will probably either a regular wing coaster, a B & M invert or a flying coaster.

But this thunderbird is also B&Ms first launched wing coaster. There is always a first (not that I think that a launched floorless is happening)

But this thunderbird is also B&Ms first launched wing coaster. There is always a first (not that I think that a launched floorless is happening)

I agree

And now that B & M have made their first launch coaster they will probably start making all sorts of them.

I agree

And now that B & M have made their first launch coaster they will probably start making all sorts of them.

I think that a flying coaster would be nice but not for a big project because flying coasters are usually small and they already have a flying coaster. Even though the flying coaster is rough a wing coaster can offer a better experience by having seating on the outside of the trains and wing coasters also can offer a different ride experience per side. The only reason why I would not get a wing coaster is because the trains are wide and with the amount of space that they have it could be a problem even though I don't think it would be a problem. A B & M invert would also be nice but not as good as a wing coaster and flight deck is really rough.

I can't see Cedar Fair/Wonderland investing in an inverted coaster with Flight Deck just across the park, a jr. inverted coaster and a suspended coaster. That being said though, this is the same park that gave us Behemoth and Leviathan...

I still hope that Canada's Wonderland will get the new restrains for flight deck or just remove it because it is so rough. Still a Vekoma SLC is nothing compared to a B & M invert. I would not mind a coaster like Banshee for a new roller coaster.

Well Kings Island has a suspended coaster, a family inverted coaster and Vekoma Invertigo and that didn't stop Cedar Fair from putting in a B&M invert this year.

When it is a coaster like Banshee how could you resist not getting one?

Then they would waste time on locking in. But they would need either several brake runs or a very long brake run at the end for all those trains.

Agreed, the blocking would be your capacity bottleneck here. You can only have so many trains on the course at a single time, and with a launched coaster especially the ride time is going to be shorter due to not going up a lift hill. It would need dual stations and a lengthy break run to make six trains work.

I still hope that Canada's Wonderland will get the new restrains for flight deck or just remove it because it is so rough. Still a Vekoma SLC is nothing compared to a B & M invert. I would not mind a coaster like Banshee for a new roller coaster.

Hell, I'd be happy if CW managed to buy Le Vampie (BTR Clone) off of La Ronde. They could market it as flight deck: the 2nd mission, or some kind of reboot of the ride. It'd probably be more forcefull than any new B&M they get, and possibly would take lines out of the origonal flight deck (maybe that'd get them to tear it down?) lol

Seriously though, a good forceful looper would be huge for the park IMO.

Hell, I'd be happy if CW managed to buy Le Vampie (BTR Clone) off of La Ronde. They could market it as flight deck: the 2nd mission, or some kind of reboot of the ride. It'd probably be more forcefull than any new B&M they get, and possibly would take lines out of the origonal flight deck (maybe that'd get them to tear it down?) lol

Seriously though, a good forceful looper would be huge for the park IMO.

I think after two major non looping coasters, this one will invert. My money is on a wing coaster.

While my idea about six shorter trains was simply a concept, everyone is talking about blocking, break runs, etc. UMMMMMM.. Maverick would like to have a word with you.....