TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I think that the new coaster would be a wing coaster because it would be probably called ziz

I hope not on both counts. Ziz?! really?

I went on the wing coaster at great america. What i didn't like was that the banking in each seat was messed up. depending on which side you sat it was either too much or too little. Also the dispatch times were terrible, maybe just because 6 flags...

The modern looping coaster has come a long way since our friends at arrow cut and pasted their elements together and bent their coathangers to make dragon fyre. I would like to see something in that class, preferably a floorless Beemer.

I think that a flying coaster would be nice but not for a big project because flying coasters are usually small and they already have a flying coaster. Even though the flying coaster is rough a wing coaster can offer a better experience by having seating on the outside of the trains and wing coasters also can offer a different ride experience per side. The only reason why I would not get a wing coaster is because the trains are wide and with the amount of space that they have it could be a problem even though I don't think it would be a problem. A B & M invert would also be nice but not as good as a wing coaster and flight deck is really rough.

While I do think that a wing coaster (probably launched) is in the works for the park, I feel like a 160ft-180ft tall dive coaster would fit in well. Another coaster that I wouldn't mind seeing is a coaster like Maverick in the back of the park but like others have mentioned, it seems like Cedar Fair is taking break from ordering Intamin products.

I think that the new coaster would be a wing coaster because it would be probably called ziz

I hope not on both counts. Ziz?! really?

I went on the wing coaster at great america. What i didn't like was that the banking in each seat was messed up. depending on which side you sat it was either too much or too little. Also the dispatch times were terrible, maybe just because 6 flags...

The modern looping coaster has come a long way since our friends at arrow cut and pasted their elements together and bent their coathangers to make dragon fyre. I would like to see something in that class, preferably a floorless Beemer.

Why not Ziz?

Because Ziz is possibly the worst coaster name I've ever heard. The whole thing about it being the logical next name because it would be the final monster from Jewish mythology is dumb.

I think zzz would be a better name for a wing coaster the ziz

Because Ziz is possibly the worst coaster name I've ever heard. The whole thing about it being the logical next name because it would be the final monster from Jewish mythology is dumb.

Why is Ziz a terrible name? Not liking the name is not an acceptable reason. If they build a flying or winged coaster, the name fits perfectly, as it is a flying creature. It would provide great theming potential. It's not dumb, it is only logical.

The parks picks Behemoth. When they built their next coaster, they decide on the name most commonly associated with Behemoth. They are almost forced to use "ziz", by their own doing, especially due to the design. It's not like they made the other biblical names up by chance. I can guarantee that Cedar Fair is quite aware of the name Ziz and what it stands for. Anything can happen, but there is no reason that Ziz is not being heavily considered.

Why is Ziz a terrible name? Not liking the name is not an acceptable reason. If they build a flying or winged coaster, the name fits perfectly, as it is a flying creature. It would provide great theming potential. It's not dumb, it is only logical.

The parks picks Behemoth. When they built their next coaster, they decide on the name most commonly associated with Behemoth. They are almost forced to use "ziz", by their own doing, especially due to the design. It's not like they made the other biblical names up by chance. I can guarantee that Cedar Fair is quite aware of the name Ziz and what it stands for. Anything can happen, but there is no reason that Ziz is not being heavily considered.

Not liking the name is a perfectly acceptable reason. It's my opinion. Somebody asked why people are opposed to the name, and I gave MY opinion on the name.

Don't know if I'm using this right, but

You can almost guarantee that Canada's Wonderland will be teasing "Ziz" for their 2016 attraction. My money's on a B&M launched of some sort. Wing seems like the most obvious one.

but Six Flags has exclusivity to RMC

Isn't this just a myth?

I have no idea if this myth is true.

I think the trend that should be pointed out is the lack of new wooden coasters for Cedar Point in recent years. Gold Striker is the only one built over the past 5 years.

^Well, we could be getting an RMC in that case, and given the sky theming (if name is Ziz, or simply an homage to Skyrider), we could see the second RMC to ever use blue track! (ironically another homage to Skyrider, as it was a world's second coaster when it opened).

Seriously though, an RMC may be very unlikely in the near future, HOWEVER, I definitely see it happening someday. It would do so much for the park and the chain

Here's some records/titles CW &/or CF could. Claim if an RMC gets built:

-Canada's longest/tallest/fastest woodie/hybrid

-Canada's only inverting woodie

-Most inversions on a woodie

-Could potentially start RMC boom in chain (similar to how CF is buying a crapton of B&Ms right now)

-Possibility of a worlds first element

-Most woodies in Canada (possibly most in 1 park anywhere in the world?)

Finally, keep in mind that CW is probably going to eventually end up racing la ronde to get the country's first

RMC if SF plans to put an RMC in all their parks

Don't know if I'm using this right, but

You can almost guarantee that Canada's Wonderland will be teasing "Ziz" for their 2016 attraction. My money's on a B&M launched of some sort. Wing seems like the most obvious one.

A launched wing coaster could not be a very big project.

Edited by nicman

The park isn't forced to use Ziz...they could name it what ever they want....the GP won't care. Also, Behemoth was actually supposed to be named Leviathan at first (hence why it is right beside the lake) and Leviathan was only used because management still wanted to use it....has nothing to do with biblical influence.