TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^ Thanks. I'm not entirely pleased. I can't fit a water bottle in a fanny pack. So it sounds like I will either spend a few bucks on a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo or a few bucks on a bottle of water if I want to ride WMG lol.

If you want water why not just go to any food stand in the park and ask for a cup of water? It's free at every major theme park in North America as far as I know and it's usually very good (though the parks really don't want people to know that trick). I do that multiple times a day at every park I visit and it always works.

^ Thanks. I'm not entirely pleased. I can't fit a water bottle in a fanny pack. So it sounds like I will either spend a few bucks on a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo or a few bucks on a bottle of water if I want to ride WMG lol.

If you want water why not just go to any food stand in the park and ask for a cup of water? It's free at every major theme park in North America as far as I know and it's usually very good (though the parks really don't want people to know that trick). I do that multiple times a day at every park I visit and it always works.

Allergies is the short answer. The long answer involves a road trip to Chicago and a hospital trip on the way home as a result of a reaction to something in the tap water. I'll never know if I'm overreacting or not in my cautiousness going forward from that incident, because that's just how allergies are, but I don't trust public tap water ever since. I never get ice in my fountain pop either, and I always go with bottled or canned pop if I have a choice. I usually keep my Epipen and "just-in-case" allergy meds in my bag as well, so it's not really just about the water for me.

Anyways, I'm not the only person who may have need to carry a bag around with extra things. I used to date a diabetic guy and he always had a bag with juice and granola bars and candy and his insulin with him at all times. Just saying, the park isn't really considering everyone with that policy, and that's not even mentioning the many parents who probably want to ride but have to carry around all their kids' crap (or have kids with allergies or health issues or whatever). I can't see it taking up that much extra time to just have bins at the loading station.

Construction update as of October 3, 2014. Things have picked up a bit in terms of we now know where this coaster plot of land is heading.

The construction area is SOOOOO LARGE!

They built large bridges over White water Canyons track/ river for construction

611205779_October3construction.thumb.png.0921b0fa1295d8c175aab629b0d3cb7c.png

OVERVIEW Red= construction barriers blocking large part of park off. Orange is removal of ride and spray painted line on grass, Blue is fencing and pathway demolished.

528514876_october3update.thumb.png.5eab126d7bba1ecbdaf374fd7af21ed0.png

all the fences and paths here are GONE

660872044_oct3.thumb.png.42ac70c30bc014ab122f097217b1ecd8.png

this section of fencing is also gone

25183747_oct3pt2.thumb.png.b04e75a06a5f23058bde1f8c8544e735.png

removed stands

1127522151_oct3pt3.thumb.png.add86bb1292c2e95b70f6cf20ec0d087.png

construction fence

So for those who have visited the park last night, how was Zombies 4D? Better than Guardian?

It's so much better then Guardian, the ride stops twice for a Zombie horde and the end sequence is so much better then the dragon ending. It is seriously a different ride as Zombies.

So everything CedarFair1 said a few posts up seems true.

Visited the park today and it was great. Everything except Guardian was a walk-on for most of the day. Probably because it was freeeezing and windy! But other than that a nice day! I got my first (and maybe only, unless I happen across it when there is no lineup one day) ride on WMG. I have to say, I was pleased in that it wasn't as disappointing as I had expected. But that being said, everything I had read about it was pretty much true, the only thing I can add to that is that I "had fun" regardless of all of those things lol, and the drop was great.

Also, you can really clearly see all of the new slide pieces laid out in the Splash park if you ride Behemoth and/or Minebuster.

Aside from that, all I have to say is that Behemoth was running fabulously today! Though she never really lets me down

Anyways, back to what I said about CedarFair1's comments. I have a few pictures attached below showing the areas he was talking about.

20141005_120220.thumb.jpg.929b525c67ee2cd0a4b0eb37d475d3f2.jpg

The closed pathway near the White Water Canyon entrance. That's the Splash entrance area on the far side.

20141005_120248.thumb.jpg.a651e4f9e143dbb819fd1ccf36092ac7.jpg

New Smoker's Corner! Fall 2014! Just kidding. Hopefully this is where some big construction will be done.

20141005_120714.thumb.jpg.71f036baf0e5a58433bd6d75dc37a3be.jpg

The first piece has been removed from Skyrider. Bye old friend!

20141005_120719.thumb.jpg.5ee8bc6d158c9b6ba498cc7d0985788f.jpg

Not a great photo but you can sort of see where the demo has begun on Skyrider.

20141005_120729.thumb.jpg.95fe8794dc50235ffeb43dd3d15dee26.jpg

There are what looks like some new, wet car tracks leading right down to the water in the lake behind Skyrider's lift hill turnaround. Not sure if that means anything.

20141005_121323.thumb.jpg.e1370c9ea9c091bbe28b1aea1aa80b59.jpg

This is the other side of that closed off area between Splash and White Water Canyon. I think this side is likely just closed for the Skyrider demo, as they are going to have to reopen the Splash entrance (unless they are moving the Splash entrance) next year. It's hard to say how much of this, if any, will remain blocked off for the 2016 addition.

20141005_121342.thumb.jpg.2a7e81c95ea90d375ff7916b882c0d40.jpg

No basketball will be played here anymore!

20141005_121353.thumb.jpg.a0370fe865c380e87c1ad5cbbb327e86.jpg

It's officially a construction zone back there.

I thought CedarFair1 said all the fences and path were gone.....everything is still there.

It appears I was way off and blind, I was there at 8pm for Haunt and I only saw it from Cornstalkers... So the fences are up and the pathway untouched, however I do know I saw bridges forsure over the track/river portion of White water canyon that was not for Haunt

I thought CedarFair1 said all the fences and path were gone.....everything is still there.

It appears I was way off and blind, I was there at 8pm for Haunt and I only saw it from Cornstalkers... So the fences are up and the pathway untouched, however I do know I saw bridges forsure over the track/river portion of White water canyon that was not for Haunt

Guess I didn't read your post very well lol, sorry. Other than that, you weren't far off! My brother swore he saw saw something in the White Water Canyon area when we were on either Behemoth or Minebuster (can't recall which ride it was, we rode each one a few times) but I didn't read much into it because I didn't see it myself. I guess there's a chance that could have bee the bridges you mentioned.

Guess I didn't read your post very well lol, sorry. Other than that, you weren't far off! My brother swore he saw saw something in the White Water Canyon area when we were on either Behemoth or Minebuster (can't recall which ride it was, we rode each one a few times) but I didn't read much into it because I didn't see it myself. I guess there's a chance that could have bee the bridges you mentioned.

Yeah the bridges were like made out of wood and yellow metal tubes def related to this construction project as they weren't any where near haunt related stuff.

By the way I really appreciate your update and pictures, it's awesome to see this project unfold as its starting so early! Anybody notice the bulldozer under the lift/drop and all the gravel and piles of dirt! EXCITING LOL cough cough coaster nerd ;$

Anyone else go to Haunt this weekend? I would love to see some more reviews as I am visiting on Friday and want to know what not to miss.

Clowns has had a MASSIVE overhaul. Bloodshed has been brought back and looks very convincing.

The show in the theatre is also beautifully done and worth the 25 minutes. The contortion act is STUNNING. Be sure to get there early - the theatre has been filling up quickly even on the slow nights.

The skeleton rooms are a really good idea if you have the extra money to boot. Very well done and the scares are super effective and completely different in each maze. I LOVED Terror of Londons Skeleton Room.

Also - Zombies 4D is better than Guardian.

I'll post a PTR later, but I had a few things I wanted to mention from my first trip in 8 years to Wonderland:

• Really Liked Guardian

• I thought Wild Beast ran just terrible. Shame, too, since in the past it was decent.

• Thought Minebuster really suffers from those 3-bench PTC's, especially on the last helix... they just can't steer

• Rode Orbiter twice since Kings Island got rid of Skylab back in 1997

• Windseeker had shorter belts than KI's and CP's, it was tough, but I managed to ride it

• The B&M's looked like perfect additions to the park.

• COMPLAINT: Ordered food and was not able to get a free cup of water, due to "company policy", which I have always been able to get at CP and KI. I understand that rules are rules, but I'm a stickler on consistency.

And the hum-dinger: While purchasing something from a gift shop (note: not a lemon chill guy) the person mentioned that they had never seen a "Platinum Pass" before. We were talking a bit about the park, and this person said: "Take this with a grain of salt, but "we" might be taking the park back from Cedar Fair."

I didn't ask who "we" were, or where the rumor came from (I think at one time Paramount only owned a 20% portion of the park, so I thought "we" could be the country or the city of Vaughn) but I said, "well, remember, This is Cedar Fairs most highly attended 'seasonal' park in the chain, and that's why you got Behemoth and Leviathan within a few years of each other." The employee was shocked to hear that and asked "even out of all the US Parks?", and I replied with "yes, except Knotts, which is year-round." So, that was interesting. I must ask the locals, has there been any talk about something like that?

I'll attach one picture for ya'll:

1655827736_ScreenShot2014-10-07at10_26_54PM.thumb.png.797007ef0ad296a036e912298500f142.png

I'll post a Photo TR later, but I had a few things I wanted to mention from my first trip in 8 years to Wonderland:

And the hum-dinger: While purchasing something from a gift shop (note: not a lemon chill guy) the person mentioned that they had never seen a "Platinum Pass" before. We were talking a bit about the park, and this person said: "Take this with a grain of salt, but "we" might be taking the park back from Cedar Fair."

I didn't ask who "we" were, or where the rumor came from (I think at one time Paramount only owned a 20% portion of the park, so I thought "we" could be the country or the city of Vaughn) but I said, "well, remember, This is Cedar Fairs most highly attended 'seasonal' park in the chain, and that's why you got Behemoth and Leviathan within a few years of each other." The employee was shocked to hear that and asked "even out of all the US Parks?", and I replied with "yes, except Knotts, which is year-round." So, that was interesting. I must ask the locals, has there been any talk about something like that?

There has always been very untrue rumors surrounding wonderland, two rumors of it moving away from Vaughan surfaced back in the day and that was untrue. What they might have meant and Matt Ouimet even said in a podcast once was Wonderland was one of the most beautiful parks in the world and a hidden gem. The employee might have meant were going to be the best park in the chain. I mean if you look at our investments lately they are MASSIVE! Behemoth, Leviathan, Guardian (two coaster in 3 years with another massive project being built now so thats 4 coasters built in a 8 year period!

That being said if the park was going anywhere they wouldn't be building a massive 2016 addition.

Amusement Dark was trademarked for use recently by Cedar Fair for use in Canada and it has a date of 2016...

It's Haunt trademark...nothing too important.

I'll post a Photo TR later, but I had a few things I wanted to mention from my first trip in 8 years to Wonderland:

There has always been very untrue rumors surrounding wonderland, two rumors of it moving away from Vaughan surfaced back in the day and that was untrue. What they might have meant and Matt Ouimet even said in a podcast once was Wonderland was one of the most beautiful parks in the world and a hidden gem. The employee might have meant were going to be the best park in the chain. I mean if you look at our investments lately they are MASSIVE! Behemoth, Leviathan, Guardian (two coaster in 3 years with another massive project being built now so thats 4 coasters built in a 8 year period!

That being said if the park was going anywhere they wouldn't be building a massive 2016 addition.

I don't quite understand what this "new rumour" is. Can someone clarify?

And for the record, the rumour about Wonderland moving has been around for ages and will never happen.

• COMPLAINT: Ordered food and was not able to get a free cup of water, due to "company policy", which I have always been able to get at CP and KI. I understand that rules are rules, but I'm a stickler on consistency.

Some of the quick service stands are not able to provide water. Not sure what the reason is but usually they would/should direct you to a local stand/sit down location that is able to provide this. In addition, any freestyle machine has a water option as well. Just let the attendant know you are only getting water and you should be good to go as well.

And the hum-dinger: While purchasing something from a gift shop (note: not a lemon chill guy) the person mentioned that they had never seen a "Platinum Pass" before.

This doesn't surprise me. I've had a Platinum Pass since 2012 and almost every time I use it to park, I get a weird look. Hell, they were still using the 2010 Platinum Pass cards until this year. There's not as big a demand for Platinum Passes up here since the next closest park is a 6 hour drive from Toronto.

So, that was interesting. I must ask the locals, has there been any talk about something like that?

That makes absolutely zero sense. For years, there has always been the BS "rumour" of the park moving to Woodstock or something. But beyond that, no.