TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Goliath, Batman The Ride, Boomerang, bizzaro, many superman rides, its all because they're taking advantage of dc heroes permissions, cedar fair owns barely any franchise other than snoopy , and snoopy isn't very menacing, hopefully the name will be unique and not ziz, there are alternate names for ziz, such as Renanin, sewki, The seer, son of the nest. Maybe one of those names will be used

Several people have reported that there are sometimes sync problems with WMG when the train gets stopped at a block. Just for anyone curious for what exactly happens, I found this video on YouTube showing the sync delay just before the final scene (and for those still not wanting to know what the finale is) stop the video right after!

It's hard to see but you'll find it eventually!

I have had this happen to me. The finale scene had started before the train had entered the area.

Busy fall day at the park today! Wilde Beast and Vortex's queues were right out on to the pathways. Not what I am used to at this time of year, but the perfect weather brought the crowds. Season Pass processing was quite busy as well, so it would appear plenty of people are taking advantage of the 2015 offers. I stayed for 2.5 hours, but given how busy it was, I will come back in a few weeks when the weather turns and the crowds disappear (I hope).

More bad news about the 2015 Splash Works expansion.....the new Splash Station is used. I participated in the 5k run today and when we ran past the maintenance area, you could see the "playgorund" in pieces.....all really really faded in colour.

Also, only SkyRider's trains have been removed. They are sitting in the maintenance area. The entire coaster still stands.

Oh, and I rode WMG for the first time today.....6/10. I couldn't see a thing and the trains move way to fast. If it wasn't for the drop, I would of have given it a 5/10.

Busy fall day at the park today! Wilde Beast and Vortex's queues were right out on to the pathways. Not what I am used to at this time of year, but the perfect weather brought the crowds. Season Pass processing was quite busy as well, so it would appear plenty of people are taking advantage of the 2015 offers. I stayed for 2.5 hours, but given how busy it was, I will come back in a few weeks when the weather turns and the crowds disappear (I hope).

It was an absolutely beautiful weekend, a lot nicer than most of the summer. Doesn't surprise me at all that the park was packed. And the fact that Wild Beast's line was spilling out shows how Wonderland's GP don't know what a good roller coaster is.

I have found this year to be the busiest season I have come across in the past 4-ish years. Every time I visited (5-6 times) all the queues have been packed and the park was extremely crowded. I also always visit on rainy days or cool weather, guess it doesn't help.

Most rides were a walk-on last Sunday. Thunderstorm warnings = a good time to visit. The whole day was sunny and humid until a storm rolled in during the last hour of operation. The longest line I waited in was 20 min (WMG).

^^^ If Six Flags can have 12 Batmans, I'm sure one more Rougarou won't hurt.

Unlike Six Flags, Cedar Fair doesn't use the same name twice for existing coasters. More than likely they could reuse the Mantis name since it's no longer being used.

But didn't they re-use Woodstock Express, Vortex, Demon and Flight Deck quite a few times? Just saying.

Anyways, I think they might have another mythical beast name for whatever will be taking SkyRider's place. I think it might be called Ziz, since they already have Behemoth and Leviathan in the park (and that would complete the trio).

Also Thunderhawk used at Michigan's Adventure and Dorney Park. While Cedar Fair doesn't reuse their names as often as Six Flags, they do reuse names here and there, like Woodstock Express.

After looking at the splash pad on Bing Maps, I can confirm that the splash pad at Wonderland is from Ontario Place. The slide colours are the exact same as well as the structure colours from what I saw yesterday.

If you go into aerial mode, you can also see what's left of Topsy Turvey and the splash pad.

You can see the purple slide and behind is the green one. Part of the play structure is up front. Sorry for the low quality, lots of bouncing when you run with a Go Pro!

Oh, and a little fun fact, the old front entrance "Canada's Wonderland" sign is in the background!

qPPpUM.jpg

Some more pieces sitting around (this one is blured because I was in the middle of turning my head...) :

4DgW2w.jpg

And this is what we are getting (bucket included):

http://krongblog.blogspot.ca/2009_08_01_archive.html

Hi Everyone. We are headed up to Wonderland on Sunday and we have a Platinum Pass. Are there any early ride times that we can take advantage of? I saw nothing on the website. Also, since they built Behemoth, Leviathan and Guardian since our last visit (2006), which direction would you suggest we travel? I won't be able to ride the B&M's, but the wife can.

Hi Everyone. We are headed up to Wonderland on Sunday and we have a Platinum Pass. Are there any early ride times that we can take advantage of? I saw nothing on the website. Also, since they built Behemoth, Leviathan and Guardian since our last visit (2006), which direction would you suggest we travel? I won't be able to ride the B&M's, but the wife can.

There are no early ride times. That ended in August. Regarding where you should go first, get to the park at 9:30am and go straight to Guardian....the line up will get long VERY fast (when I was there on Sunday, I was at the front of the line at 9:30, by 10 the line was already past the waterfalls and when I got off, the line was AT the waterfalls...aka about an hour wait.)

Well Guardian is located on the left side of the mountain (if you are facing the mountain from the front). So once you enter the park, go the left and just follow the path...you can't miss the entrance (lift hill runs along the entire side of the mountain and the entrance is right below).

Follow the red line below.

Oh and one more note....don't get your hopes up too high for Guardian....just sayin'.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.f0443f5b2ac68c7b232635b70655684c.jpg

^

Which I think is a bit extreme. To be honest, I didn't notice too much of an improvement from earlier this season when they had the boxes to now where they make you use a l ocker.

It's like, "Oh, you were going to the water park today? HAHAHA YOU OWE US $2 TO RIDE GUARDIAN!!"

^

Which I think is a bit extreme. To be honest, I didn't notice too much of an improvement from earlier this season when they had the boxes to now where they make you use a l ocker.

It's like, "Oh, you were going to the water park today? HAHAHA YOU OWE US $2 TO RIDE GUARDIAN!!"

Are you kidding me? That's really a thing they're doing now?

This was the first year in... I don't even know how many years! Since I moved back to Canada over 10 years ago I guess... that I haven't bought a season pass and gone to the park many, many times. Part of the reason for that was because I had a super time consuming job (which I'm quitting today, yay!). The other motivation for that was because of WMG. When I heard that it was the new ride for 2014 I just didn't feel excited to go try it out. It was one thing going to ride the same old rides over and over as a kid in Paramount's Dark Ages, or going for a mediocre new ride when the parents were buying the passes back then, but as a grown adult going for fun... well, that didn't seem like enough fun to be worth it. I had my pre-opening bet placed on WMG being a big let-down, then after the ride opening and reading what everyone had to say about it, I was really glad I hadn't bothered to get my pass this year. I knew I'd go in the fall to ride my favourites at least once. Sounds like it was the right decision!

Anyways, that being said, I just bought my 2015 season pass (recycled or not, I'll get good use out of the Splash expansion on hot days!), and so I'm using my free 2014 visit this Sunday and was going to finally try to put my judgements aside and give WMG a shot (first thing in the morning because I ain't waiting around for that sh-- lol). After all, I should really see for myself if it's as disappointing as I expect it to be haha. Anyways, if they're going to try to screw me out of a toonie then forget it. I bring a bag with me at all times, otherwise I end up losing things on rides (girl jeans aren't actually meant to hold things, you know). I might be able to downsize to a fanny pack or something if anybody knows if they'll allow that, but I still won't be happy about it

They should take a page of Kennywood's book and give free 90 minute rentals like they do for Exterminator since that ride also has a very strict no bags policy. My last visit there, I saw more people just throwing their bags on top or beside the lockers than actually using them. Seems to be a very trusting Canadian way of doing it.