TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I'm at the park right now. The rain this morning kept people away. The entire place is a walk-on.

3 train operation on Behemoth and the crew outnumber the guests most of the time.

I rode Sledge Hammer back to back to back earlier and was the only rider all 3 times.

OK, a decent woodie would be nice too. I've kind of developed a soft spot for the newer GCI's recently, so I wouldn't be opposed to that either.

It'd be great to see CF buy another block of GCI's. Totally thinking out loud but. Big woodies (3500-4000ft) at CP and CW and something smaller (~3300ft) at DP. Maybe Goldstriker was the first of multi ride deal?

I'd still put my money on an invert a la Banshee in 2016. Ziz is coming! I kid, I kid.

We now return to your regularly scheduled program.

I'm at the park right now. The rain this morning kept people away. The entire place is a walk-on.

3 train operation on Behemoth and the crew outnumber the guests most of the time.

I rode Sledge Hammer back to back to back earlier and was the only rider all 3 times.

Yep it was a good day at Wonderland today and also one of those days where I am extra proud to have Wonderland as my home park as despite the lousy weather and non-existant line-ups for Behemoth and Leviathan they still had all three trains going for each ride...if this was Six Flags...well I won't go there.

Also...noticed that there were three or four sets of seats on Wonder Mountain Guardians trains that were not working today. Not sure if this has been an ongoing problem with the trains or it was weather related

^I've actually been thinking about a new launcher at CW myself. However, I believe it would be a launched woodie. I could possibly see RMC doing this, and with CW being the test park as I've stated before, I could see them adding a world's first attraction such as this, possibly taking the record for most inversions on a wodie while they're at it.

While I imagine we'll see something from B&M next, as I've heard rumours on CWMania (nothing confirmed) that B&M staff were on site, and that the new B&M will most likely take up the space in the middle of the park where skyrider stood, It'd be amazing to see a launched/terain woodie from RMC in that spot, interacting with the lake, vortex, and the forest near WWC.

Something like this

That being said, no matter what we get, I can totally see it looking absolutely stunning given it's location right in the middle (and IMO the most beautiful area) of the park.

2008- Behemoth ($21 million Canadian)

2009(nothing)

2010- planet snoopy (unknown $investment amount)

2011-Windseeker, Starlight spectacular ($5 million US for Windseeker, unknown $investment for starlight spectacular).

2012- Leviathan, Dinosaurs alive ($28 million US for Leviathan, unknown $investment amount for Dinosaurs alive)

2013- monsters of the deep movie for action theater, Starlight spectacular water/ light show upgrade(unknown $investment amount but probably very small).

2014- Wonder Mountain Guardian ($10 million dollars US)

2015- splash station/ recycled typhoon slide (unknown $ investment but probably small)

This is where you can see they usually spend a lot of money on a large investment and then around $10 million dollars 2 years after. So 2016 would be our large investment which they have told media is a LARGE, INNOVATIVE investment, which will be located where Skyrider was and in 2018 I honestly have a feeling we might see a $10 million dollar RMC make over of our Wildebeast. Iron rattlers RMC renovation only cost $10 million US, and Cedar Fair has proven they are willing to spend 10 million after a big addition (WMG).

So my prediction;

2016- Ziz B&M multi-launched Wing Coaster to beat Thunder Bird but it wont beat Cedar Points largest loop and largest drop, we will hold the longest and fastest Wing coaster title.

2017- Kiddie area improvement

2018- Rocky Mountain Coaster reno of our Wildebest.

2016- Ziz B&M multi-launched Wing Coaster to beat Thunder Bird but it wont beat Cedar Points largest loop and largest drop, we will hold the longest and fastest Wing coaster title.

What's with this dumb Ziz rumor anyways? I can't believe people are actually believing this stuff.

It would be great if La Ronde bought it to put near Ednor. That way they can have an invert and stand up at both sides of the park.

Looking forward to seeing what happens to that land. An intense launched looper would be fantastic. It'll be especially nice to move to something new/ away from B&M. Imagine S&S building a looping Powder Keg.