TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Prioritize the rides you want to get done that don't offer fast lane and do those first thing in the morning. You may be able to do a couple others when the fireworks are going off at night.

This is a park that you definitely want to have a plan of attack for; my experience is that the park is usually pretty busy and the lines move very slowly. A bit of time spent planning will likely be a good investment. I've been to the park several times over the past few years and I still haven't managed to ride everything. With that said, it's a lovely park with some really awesome rides. Have a great visit and be sure to share your experience with us!

^^ Thank you! I was thinking about doing that. Just looking at RCDB's list, do the rides get uniformly busy or are there any that tend to have shorter lines during the day? Thanks for your help

^ Will do! Which attractions do you suggest hitting first? Should I immediately head for the low-capacity ones (The Bat, The Fly, Time Warp, etc.) or would it be better to hit Wonder Mt. ,because it's new for the season, right off the bat and go from there?

It depends on what you like and what you want to ride.

I would go for:

thunder run, fly, vortexx, guardian? and then over to skyrider

Guardian has it's lineup almost entirely inside, so if you were to save that for the hot part of the day, it could be a nice rest. Get a drink and a snack and sit back and criticize the themeing.

Leviathan and behemoth have good capacity and can move long lines quickly, so you could go later on these.

Skyrider, people love or hate. I like it. It will be your last chance for one of the few remaining togo standups...

Enterprise: one of few remaining huss giant enterprises!

the bat = vekoma boomerang = why?

time warp: very slow capacity, lousy ride, headbanger, makes kids vomit.... apart from that, great...

Flight deck: slc headbanger = why?

^Thanks for the advice. I'm a bit of a credit whore, and I missed 2 straight boomerang credits at SFDK and SFFT, so I guess I'm a little tired of missing out on them As for the SLC, I couldn't care less if I miss it. I'll definitely plan out my day with your advice in mind, so thank you.

^^ That sounds like a solid plan! Thanks

They are additional rooms that are only open to Fright Lane holders that get more into the back story of the maze.

Youtube has a bunch from Knott's last year if you want to see what they are like.

Usually they are better production and more intmate, perhaps only 5-10 people in there at a time.

More information here https://www.canadaswonderland.com/halloween-haunt/fright-lane-with-skeleton-key

2016 coaster location

We have it wrong, the station and break run will take up skyriders location but won't head into white water canyon, it will most likely replace the seldom used service road next to splash works (I.E. where you enter cornstalkers for halloween haunt) and then turn around near the highway and head back towards timber wolf falls/ vortex and have the typicaL B&M finale where it goes for a helix or turn near the water and back to the station.

Most likely option is a launched B&M wing coaster

^ That actually would be an interesting use of the available land. And the view from the highway would be spectacular. I'm not convinced they'd be willing to clear out that many trees though.

That's exactly why they will most likely bulldoze the service road beside Splash Works that is only being used during haunt as an entrance to Corn Stalkers versus going into white water canyon forest. On top of this they will probably make a fancy midway and newer entrance to Splash Works during this addition making that whole Splash Works midway more modern.

All they have to do is bulldoze the concrete road versus getting trucks/ cranes and bulldozers in between white water canyon just to pour coaster supports, it would take away from the atmosphere of white water canyon, and we know they aren't tearing it out as its got massive waits in summer as a refreshing choice to cool down.

The picture below shows where the station/ launch and break run will be and where I think we will see the layout go. Also I think Kunpc1 from CWMania hit it on the dot, we won't see a splash works expansion this year cause next year there will be the reconstruction of that midway and that's when you'll see the new upgrade to the Splash Works entrance and maybe some cabana's next year to. I think the York Region article was a good hint as to we can expect something very large in the coming years "Worlds fastest, longest Wing coaster."

981975240_Wingcoaster.thumb.png.0cd300c5a0e9bec7f8a743f23d57f045.png

^ That actually would be an interesting use of the available land. And the view from the highway would be spectacular. I'm not convinced they'd be willing to clear out that many trees though.

That's exactly why they will most likely bulldoze the service road beside Splash Works that is only being used during haunt as an entrance to Corn Stalkers versus going into white water canyon forest. On top of this they will probably make a fancy midway and newer entrance to Splash Works during this addition making that whole Splash Works midway more modern.

All they have to do is bulldoze the concrete road versus getting trucks/ cranes and bulldozers in between white water canyon just to pour coaster supports, it would take away from the atmosphere of white water canyon, and we know they aren't tearing it out as its got massive waits in summer as a refreshing choice to cool down.

The picture below shows where the station/ launch and break run will be and where I think we will see the layout go. Also I think Kunpc1 from CWMania hit it on the dot, we won't see a splash works expansion this year cause next year there will be the reconstruction of that midway and that's when you'll see the new upgrade to the Splash Works entrance and maybe some cabana's next year to. I think the York Region article was a good hint as to we can expect something very large in the coming years "Worlds fastest, longest Wing coaster."

1964077035_Wingcoaster.thumb.png.e2bdd2b5d7c1c8403465c08ce1db69c7.png

Better organized and colour coded

I like this a lot. It fits nicely with, and greatly expands upon, my prediction several pages back. Of course I'd prefer that it was the park's first Intamin installation, but given CF's current B&M love affair I'll be happy either way. Really hope it happens.

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/4736300-updated-canada-s-wonderland-s-iconic-roller-coaster-skyrider-makes-last-loop-labour-day/

Once it makes its last ever loop-de-loop, the iconic coaster will be disassembled, with parts of it going to the National Coaster Museum in Texas and the rest into recycling, according to Dave Phillips, Canada’s Wonderland vice-president of marketing and sales.

The ride will make way for something brand new, exciting and innovative, he added.

“The plan is to develop the land for future use. It’s on a prime piece of land in the middle of our park,” Phillips said of SkyRider.

“Based on our history at the park, if you look at what’s happened since 2008, we’ve put in two of the top 10 fastest coasters in North America and we’re ranked as one of the top three parks in North America. We’ve put in Behemoth and Leviathan. I can’t define how long it will take, but guests should be excited (about what’s to come),” he added.

Here comes Ziz!

God, that is such a god awful name for a coaster. Why does everybody insist on that being the next coaster's name? I don't care if it's a creature from Jewish mythology. There is no way that that CW chose Leviathan and Behemoth as names simply because they're from Jewish mythology. They chose them because they're synonyms for "gigantic"

Although I agree that Canada's Wonderland needs another big new coaster, I mean out of all 16 of their coasters, only 2 are anything special. Just as long as it isn't named Ziz

I still think that the naming that goes along with the Olympic venues will continue.

Behemoth - Beijing - 2008

Leviathan - London - 2012

Rougarou (name trademarked by CF) - Rio -2016

In addition, I believe CW will be receiving CF's first RMC. The park said this ride would be "innovative", and with gatekeeper receiving mixed reviews plus the fact an RMC would be new for the chain (CW's last 3 coasters have been never done in CF parks/employed new concepts for the chain to some degree), means an RMC is at least somewhat of a possibility.

Even if I'm wrong, and an RMC is not in the park's future, I still believe we'll see CF and RMC teaming up sometime to do something amazing in the chain.

I still think that the naming that goes along with the Olympic venues will continue.

Behemoth - Beijing - 2008

Leviathan - London - 2012

Rougarou (name trademarked by CF) - Rio -2016

In addition, I believe CW will be receiving CF's first RMC. The park said this ride would be "innovative", and with gatekeeper receiving mixed reviews plus the fact an RMC would be new for the chain (CW's last 3 coasters have been never done in CF parks/employed new concepts for the chain to some degree), means an RMC is at least somewhat of a possibility.

Even if I'm wrong, and an RMC is not in the park's future, I still believe we'll see CF and RMC teaming up sometime to do something amazing in the chain.

Were not going to be getting a gatekeeper clone, and we ARE NOT going to get an RMC, you can expect an RMC when you hear wildbeaste or mine buster are closing down.

At one point we never thought we'd get a B&M in our park, now we have two.

We could be getting a brand new kids area for all we know. Only people who know are staff at Cedar Fair/Wonderland/those that have signed an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) and the ones designing the attraction.

Let's just be happy Wonderland is finally been put way up there on the map in North America!