TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^ If you go back a couple pages you will see some basic tips regarding the park during the week. I would say so long its not a rainy day CW will be quite busy as schools are soon to go back in session so many families will be planning an end-of-summer trip to the park. Guardian is probably worth it if you have never been on the ride before. I would go there first as the line will usually be 1hr+ the rest of the day, and it's not on fastlane. As for purchasing Fastlane +, just judge the crowds when you get there but if I had to guess it will be quite busy. If $70 is too much you could always play the front of the line games infront of Behemoth and Leviathan in hopes of getting front of the line passes for $5.

I might be visiting CW this Tuesday and I have a couple of questions.

1. On a weekday in August, how long are the lines usually?

2. Guardian doesn't have Fast Lane. Is the line worth it?

3. Should I get a Fast Lane Plus on a day like this?

If you have any more info about CW that you'd like add, please do!

As with any park, if you can be there before opening time, you will be much better off. I would say Guardian is worth it. Remember that Leviathan and (to a lesser extent) Behemoth are people-eaters that can move a queue pretty fast, so I wouldn't worry too much about crazy long waits for either.

I recommend the Marketplace Buffet. In terms of bang for your buck and quality you truly cannot beat an all you can eat buffet.

Outside of that, the Backlot Cafe is another good choice. Their pizza and burrito's are real good. They've introduced burgers themed to rides this year with some great topping choices, but admittedly have not tried based off the price.

There are also food options outside of the park across Jane St. There is St. Louis Wings, a greek restaurant and a Subway. Whenever I go to Wonderland, I usually go to St. Louis for wings and beer. It's a 10 minute walk from the front gate and definitely beats park food.

Plus 1 to St. Louis. Really tasty local chain. Flavourful wings, smaller than what you get in the US and not breaded. They are marinated and super tasty. The suicide sauce isn't gimmicky hot and is really tasty the "white sauce" for the fries is great too. Plus a great patio view of Wonderland. Can't recommend it enough.

Plus 1 to St. Louis. Really tasty local chain. Flavourful wings, smaller than what you get in the US and not breaded. They are marinated and super tasty. The suicide sauce isn't gimmicky hot and is really tasty the "white sauce" for the fries is great too. Plus a great patio view of Wonderland. Can't recommend it enough.

Wild Wings is better or All Star Wings

CW got nominated for the Ice Bucket Challenge! Wonder how they'll do it. (Holiday World started it all by nominating SF St. Louis, Dollywood, Silver Dollar City, and Kings Island. KI nominated Wonderland and Cedar Point).

Kings Island:

Went to the park yesterday for the first time since last october. First thing is I forgot how rough Wild Beast is. There is nothing better than riding Behemoth at night. I find Behemoth better than Leviathon. I find more airtime on it. My only real comment is I never realized how much this park has turned into a place for teens to hangout. I didn't have any problems with them but I don't remember it ever being this way before.

My only real comment is I never realized how much this park has turned into a place for teens to hangout. I didn't have any problems with them but I don't remember it ever being this way before.

Wonderland has always been a place that teenagers hang out, particularly in the late-August period prior to school commencement.

Does anyone here remember the days of the Kingswood Music Theatre "$5 Concert Series"? From park opening until 6pm there'd literally be thousands of teenagers milling around the area where Psyclone now is, waiting for the gates of the theatre to open. In July and August there were major acts 4 or 5 days a week. I saw Iron Maiden there... for 5 bucks!

I didn't want to discuss this in the Carowinds thread, but PCW_Nut said Leviathan will also get seatbelts for 2015. The park has said it is just to make the gp feel more secure, but is that really worth sacrificing the amazing dispatch times? I always read on Wonderland's Facebook page lots of complaints about long lines but no complaints that Behemoth and Leviathan don't have seatbelts. Is this really necessary?

I didn't want to discuss this in the Carowinds thread, but PCW_Nut said Leviathan will also get seatbelts for 2015. The park has said it is just to make the gp feel more secure, but is that really worth sacrificing the amazing dispatch times? I always read on Wonderland's Facebook page lots of complaints about long lines but no complaints that Behemoth and Leviathan don't have seatbelts. Is this really necessary?

The seatbelts added to Behemoth this season have not detracted from the ride experience nor have they increased the wait time. I thought they would (on both counts) but I was wrong.

^But why? As far as I know, B&M hypers have not experienced an ejection accident related to weight, restraint failure, or any combination of the 2, while I don't even think B&M has ever experienced an ejection accident. The fact that you need to spend money and possibly increase dispatch times to calm the GP's fears about an accident that hasn't happened (and probably won't happen) on that kind of coaster is idiotic.

That's a good question (that I doubt we'll ever know the answer to). I've just assumed it's an insurance reason; in the same manner that increased car accidents raise your premium, regardless of how safe a driver you are and what vehicle you drive.

If I remember correctly, the story was that a few guests at Kings Island randomly questioned the safety of the coaster (they said they don't feel safe and anyone can fall out).....then to make sure this didn't affect anything, the seat belts were brought in (even though I honestly think seat belts do nothing on roller coasters, you'll still fly out)

That's a good question (that I doubt we'll ever know the answer to). I've just assumed it's an insurance reason; in the same manner that increased car accidents raise your premium, regardless of how safe a driver you are and what vehicle you drive.

Cedar Fair is self-insured, right? They have more control than a normal company does.

If I remember correctly, the story was that a few guests at Kings Island randomly questioned the safety of the coaster (they said they don't feel safe and anyone can fall out).....then to make sure this didn't affect anything, the seat belts were brought in (even though I honestly think seat belts do nothing on roller coasters, you'll still fly out)

Is it that hard to explain, oh, that no coaster from this manufacturer, or at least this model, has ejected somebody? Ever? If only parks were to respond this quickly to things like removing trims from coasters...

^But why? As far as I know, B&M hypers have not experienced an ejection accident related to weight, restraint failure, or any combination of the 2, while I don't even think B&M has ever experienced an ejection accident. The fact that you need to spend money and possibly increase dispatch times to calm the GP's fears about an accident that hasn't happened (and probably won't happen) on that kind of coaster is idiotic.

Maybe they just want to stay accident-free and be as safe as possible...

It hasnt detracted from dispatch times or the overall experience so I dont see the problem.