TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I'm thinking about leaving the Waldameer area on Monday in the AM and getting a 2 day pass for CWonderland. So, I can go Monday night and Tuesday, or Tuesday and Wednesday. If I don't get the fast lane pass in advance for one of those days, it may sell out. I won't get to the park early after it opens on any day; I'm a slow poke and like to sleep in But I'm always up for staying late.

If you are going for two days then you won't need fastpass. The big three coasters Behemoth, Leviathan and Vortex all move pretty quick - you will get rerides. The others are mainly clones. The only real line if you don't get there early will be WMG but that isn't even on fastlane anyways.

^What would you say the waits are for stuff like the Vekoma SLC, Sky Rider and Vortex? I would rather pay (this time, anyway) to avoid even a few 20-30 minute lines. If it works as well as people say, I think it would be worth it to avoid the lines during this trip.

Edited by GayCoasterGuy

^What would you say the waits are for stuff like the Vekoma SLC, Sky Rider and Vortex? I would rather pay (this time, anyway) to avoid even a few 20-30 minute lines.

The lines for those rides will be over 30 min, especially SkyRider (because its closing) and Vortex (which I find always hovers around 45 - 60 min when the queue is full)

Just had a thought as to what we'll be seeing at the park in the coming years.

On a Miral at the park,there is a silhouette of the park outline, with an Intamin ZacSpin in Skyrider's spot. With this new Zacspin silhouette, I believe we are getting a b&M. It seems that there was some weird track at the B&M Ohio plant (heard it on another forum, so not sure if this is legit). It reportedly was different from any other coaster type's track made by B&M. Based on these two facts, and B&M's reputation for adding prototype rides to wonderland, or pushing the limits with their installations at the park, I believe we'll be seeing a completely new coaster type being added. The Zacspin is simply a placeholder, similar to how the Vekoma Flying Dutchman was a placeholder for time warp, or the HUSS frisbee was a placeholder for Psyclone, the Mondial Revolution.

Not sure if this will be true, but in my opinion, it fits.

^^I'm sorry, but I don't understand any of the logic used in this post...

Seeing as there is a zacspin, or 4d coaster of some kind painted in Skyrider's spot, and possibly a new B&M track type spotted, it could very well be b&m's first 4d coaster that we'll be seeing.

The reason I described the zacspin as a "placeholder", was due to the fact that I don't believe we'll be seeing anything from Intamin at Wonderland anytime soon. B&M seems to have their place at Wonderland, with park staff mentioning how reliable they are.

Sorry for any confusion.

The lines for those rides will be over 30 min, especially SkyRider (because its closing) and Vortex (which I find always hovers around 45 - 60 min when the queue is full)

I've already thrown the Fast Lane Plus into my budget (I'm not a huge B&M guy, but for $10 over the regular Fast Lane, it's worth it even if I want to ride each one time). Now I see both Martin's Fantasy Island and Marineland are right between Waldameer and CWonderland... now my head is spinning! MFIsland is closed on Mondays, and Marineland is a hefty price for one coaster and only a couple hours in the park (plus it's only open until 6?!?!). Would anyone recommend Marineland or should I skip? I'm not fond of rushing from park to park with little time at each (hence my 2 days scheduled for Canada's Wonderland). Of course, I could re-structure the trip to include MFIsland, but then I'd have more rushing around to do.

Edited by GayCoasterGuy

STAY AWAY from Marienland at all costs. Worst park ever...unless you really like animals. (And for those of you that know about the whole animal situation that happened last year, I am not saying "Stay away" because of that....I just never like what the park has to offer).

^Skip Marineland. It's not worth the price or aggravation.

Other than there being only one ride of interest and 10 miles between anything, what is so bad about it? I really really want to ride Dragon Mountain.

It's an incredibly depressing place and the animals are not in good shape. Unlike Sea World and the Blackfish protesters, the people protesting Marineland are right. The park management has a really sketchy record keeping the animals healthy and well...alive.

http://thewalrus.ca/the-marineland-dreamland/

Dragon Mountain is very cool. It is one of the best Arrows IMO due to its theming. It's up to you if you want to ride it, but if I were you I would avoid it. The Huss Magic is the only other ride worth it, but from what I've heard, a lot of the flats have been closed due to poor maintenance.

^^You know, we can preach all we want about what Marineland is like to us and you can listen to all opinions but it's best to go and check it out for yourself. Ride Dragon Mountain if you want to and check out the place. Word of mouth about an experience is powerful. Plus, you're in the Niagara Falls area, which has some of the nicest public parkland in Southern Ontario/ Wine Region beyond the tourist areas as an added option.

Marineland is a special place to me since its where I first saw and learned about sea life at eight years old with my summer day camp at the time and rode my first looping coaster, Dragon Mountain. I went back for the first time since then in 2008 and formed my own adult opinion of the place. I haven't been back since primarily because nothing had really changed since I was there in 80s. Although in the back of my mind, I do hope that what occurs 'back of house' is in the best interest of the animals since everything guest facing didn't seem out of the ordinary compared to other sea life parks around the world.

Back on topic for Wonderland--I'm someone who goes mostly in the off months and not that often during the summer months so depending on who I'm bringing from out of town or with on a particular visit, I do get the Plus version of Fast Lane. You'll get some great rides on the two "biggies" and have lots of time to catch a show, line up for non-Fast Lane rides, check out the water park and take your time walking around the park. Plus, it's always great to get a few re-rides on Behemoth and Leviathan just before leaving. Like others have said you can definitely check out the lines first and buy directly in front of Behemoth or Leviathan. If you're there for two days, I'd get Fast Lane Plus on the first day and nothing on the second.

Got an email from the park regarding 2015 season passes and I think they might have accidentally leaked 2015 plans. Heres the description

New for 2015!

There's even more splash-tacular fun coming to our 20-acre water park! Typhoon, a thrilling new water slide featuring oscillating funnels and hairpin turns. For those looking for less thrills and more water, check out Splash Station, a wet and wild interactive children's play area. Come join the fun with a 2015 Season Pass and experience over 200 rides, shows, and attractions including our newest Typhoon and Splash Station!

^Skip Marineland. It's not worth the price or aggravation.

Other than there being only one ride of interest and 10 miles between anything, what is so bad about it? I really really want to ride Dragon Mountain.

Too bad you can't say this to the park and they would charge like 10 bucks for a few trips on the coaster........

So, with the announcement for the 2015 attractions and nothing major taking over Skyrider's old spot, I'd assume the space will be used for whatever 2016 is bringing. Let the speculation commence!

It will indeed be used for 2016. I am guessing with the harsh winter up here they want to remove Skyrider as soon as possible so they can do prep work for 2016 and just be ready to build.

I won't speculate too much as it's far too soon, but we sure can have our dreams of what we want.

I like that with the 2015 season pass purchase you get a Fast Lane Plus to use during the rest of 2014 (Haunt excluded)

^ Where did you see the free fast lane plus? All it says in the email is one free visit to the park before the season ends

"For a limited time, if you renew your 2014 Season Pass you will receive one free Fast Lane PLUS that can be used until November 1, 2014! Excludes Halloween Haunt."

Pretty sweet deal, if you ask me.

I'm surprised no one has brought this up, but notice how (if the text posted is word for word what the email said) "Splash Works" is never mentioned....

IMO, re-branding is on the way!

Also...

Typhoon.jpg.ba0f7364b26d4365b36778a5b0afdda7.jpg

Credit: CW Mania (don't know where they found the picture or if the park sent it to them....or if it was part of the email (I haven't gotten it))