TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

http://www.newstalk1010.com/news/2014/08/06/skyrider-shutting-down-on-september-1st

More talk on this being a big project that can take more then 1 year to build!

Next year while construction for a new coaster begins in that area, we will see a splash works expansion ( or just a couple slides added) out near Minebuster. Then in 2016 we will see this "big addition" and maybe the addition of some cabins out behind splash works.

That is my honest guess and I know there isn't any room for cabins but I honestly feel like some sort of on site stay is coming to this park.

The stand up coaster being removed isn't for the splash works as in the article it says the project could take more then a year, or 2 or 3! Notice how they can't even tease us about this project yet as its so far away from now. If it were for splash works they would tease us and drop hints and let the media in on a bit of hints.

Edited by CedarFair1

Is "Ziz" suggested via trademark or is it just the logical progression after Behemoth and Leviathan?

Mamba is the only trademark currently filed by Cedar Fair for Canada's Wonderland, but that fits with the new water slide waiting to be installed.

Ziz is an assumption as Canada's Wonderland has used two Jewish bible themed names already with only one remaining.

I will deffinitly be their on August 31 to give it one last ride. I may also try and go Sept 1 but I have to work till 5. It's a shame losing such a great classic ride, it is also the only stand up that I've truly enjoyed riding.

Skyrider was an enjoyable ride in my opinion. Not nearly as bad as my experience with Shockwave at Kings Dominion. However, to keep that real estate occupied by an average coaster that must be a hassle to get parts for does not make sense for the long-term future. Hopefully, that quiet section of the park gets something exciting whether it be a huge water park expansion or another signature coaster.

While it may be full of several average coasters, Canada's Wonderland is always a very enjoyable experience. Always I find their staff to be incredibly friendly, the park is very well maintained, and their general clientele is always well behaved. I'm excited to see what is next for this very nice park.

I don't see them naming the next coaster "Ziz". I think they just chose Behemoth and Leviathan because they are strong and powerful names which are synonyms for "large beast". "Ziz" is a really bad name for a coaster.

Bummer about Skyrider closing as I found it to be a fun ride (especially when they could be tearing down Wild Beast instead). Hopefully whatever replaces it will be really good.

Interesting news. This makes me wonder how many years Shockwave at KD has.

HOPEFULLY NONE!!!

I wouldn't count on it. They're about to get a huge shipment of free spare parts from Canada's Wonderland. That should last them quite awhile.

HOPEFULLY NONE!!!

I wouldn't count on it. They're about to get a huge shipment of free spare parts from Canada's Wonderland. That should last them quite awhile.

So true...And I think another reason Shockwave has yet to go is because of its specific layout. It does not take up that much room, it is just a fairly small oval shape in a fairly small area.

HOPEFULLY NONE!!!

So true...And I think another reason Shockwave has yet to go is because of its specific layout. It does not take up that much room, it is just a fairly small oval shape in a fairly small area.

It seems that KD has lots of land that is not being used, I would hope they use that space before knocking anything down. However, when the time comes, taking Shockwave down would open up a large amount of space behind the Eiffel Tower, because they could either design the coaster around the Blue Ridge tollway, or relocate/remove it.