TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Though Sledge Hammer had a lot of down time - not sure if that is normal with this ride or not.

To answer your question, they should have named the ride Down Time...because that's what it is most of the time!

Eltoro, glad to hear you had a great time in Canada. Your pictures are great! You took some that I don't have yet so I'm going try to snap some that are close to some of yours, if you don't mind. Glad you got the Dragon and Wilde Beast, those have been at the park since opening day, 33 years ago! Those statues are very photogenic and they are always smiling . . . ha! When you come back, go and find the bumper cars, there is a path that goes around the back and you can overlook a small bay and take amazing pictures of a viking ship, Dragon Fire, Leviathan and some small flats all in the same scene . . . very photogenic indeed . . . a little secret place that most people don't know about.

go and find the bumper cars, there is a path that goes around the back. . . a little secret place that most people don't know about.

Wonderland has been my home park my entire life. I visit 8+ times a year and have done so every year since 1981. I had no idea until today that this path existed. I need to start hanging out behind the bumper cars.

go and find the bumper cars, there is a path that goes around the back. . . a little secret place that most people don't know about.

Wonderland has been my home park my entire life. I visit 8+ times a year and have done so every year since 1981. I had no idea until today that this path existed. I need to start hanging out behind the bumper cars.

Unfortunately, it was fenced off a few seasons ago. Still take a peak next time at the right side of the bumper cars, it really is one of the nicest spots in the park.

What happens behind the bumper cars . . . stays behind the bumper cars . . . shhhhh . . . I know they installed a new fence to keep people away from the water, but it is still open during Haunt so I don't see why they would close it during regular season but I will check it out the next time I go for sure . . .

Of course all the crazy flat rides were great - particularly liked Shockwave, Sledge Hammer and Night Mares. Though Sledge Hammer had a lot of down time - not sure if that is normal with this ride or not. And that grassy hillside near WindSeeker? That was so awesome and unexpected in an amusement park - was great to sit in the grass for a while and just relax - this should be mandatory in all parks - really such a minor thing - but most places have used up every square inch to expand - hope the hillside is there to stay.

Even before Behemoth and Leviathan were built, this is what personally kept me and I'm sure many others coming back to the park, especially with a very decent water park included. As busy as it gets, it can be a pleasant place to be if you can find the right spots to hang out at. Although the park was always balanced between types of attractions, I wouldn't want to go back to life before the B&Ms

Sledge Hammer always takes a while to come out of hibernation but it's usually up and running not too long after opening day and runs right up until the last day of Halloween Haunt. It does have downtown for sure, but rarely for an entire day once the season gets going. It's still my favorite so I may be a bit biased. lol

I LOVED Sledgehammer, but couldn't get my partner to do it...one of the few rides that he just didn't want to do.

The best part for me were the unexpected drops because as a coaster enthusiast (that rarely loses his stomach on coasters anymore), this one still gets me!

I agree with others about the hillside across from SkyRider too. Very nice place to chill in the shade if it's hot...even when it's crowded.

Now if they could just get another decent coaster or two to compliment those B&M's...

Overall, it seems like CF's done a great job with CW, adding great stuff like Behemoth, Leviathan & the latest, WMG to compliment an already amazing flat collection.

Really pumped for the nect major coaster... Personally hope they RMC Minebuster... CF needs to eventually enter the RMC game, and CW will probably once again be the first/test park if/when they decide to build one.

Overall, it seems like CF's done a great job with CW, adding great stuff like Behemoth, Leviathan & the latest, WMG to compliment an already amazing flat collection.

Really pumped for the nect major coaster... Personally hope they RMC Minebuster... CF needs to eventually enter the RMC game, and CW will probably once again be the first/test park if/when they decide to build one.

I personally still consider WMG a Dark Ride than a Flat Ride. Probably Next Year, You guys will get a Splash Works Revamp/Expansion with some new slides (Like A Tornado or other slides)

I feel like this is the first time I've seen a lot of praise for Sledge Hammer--I thought it was widely viewed as underwhelming. Wasn't there a whole thread about it once where people said they didn't think much of it? I do think the original Huss Jump/Jumping is a fun quirky ride, though a bit jerky for comfort.

Cal, Sledgehammer has always been a favourite of a lot of people but the reliability of it is not very good. The amount of stress on those arms is incredible! Try quickly moving your arms up and down outward like Sledgehammer. See how many times before your arms get tired. Same idea, same amount of stress. We need more cute girls like you up here in Canada. Have you ever been to Canada's Wonderland?

I feel like this is the first time I've seen a lot of praise for Sledge Hammer--I thought it was widely viewed as underwhelming. Wasn't there a whole thread about it once where people said they didn't think much of it? I do think the original Huss Jump/Jumping is a fun quirky ride, though a bit jerky for comfort.

Personally I am very "Meh" about the ride. It is very impressive to look at when it's running but I personally just don't get it. All it does is spins, goes ups and bangs your ears and then goes down and bangs your ears.

It's been plagued with a lot of issues over the years and a lot of downtime indeed, but even when it's running, I am just personally not a fan.

I do know quite the few people who love that ride but I will never understand it.

Personally I am very "Meh" about the ride. It is very impressive to look at when it's running but I personally just don't get it. All it does is spins, goes ups and bangs your ears and then goes down and bangs your ears.

It's been plagued with a lot of issues over the years and a lot of downtime indeed, but even when it's running, I am just personally not a fan.

I do know quite the few people who love that ride but I will never understand it.

I wouldn't say I don't get it, it was fun when I rode it last year

, but I like my flats intense, & sledgehammer's bark is worse than it's bite.

At least when it's running, it takes the lines out of Psyclone, Mondial's AMAZING take on MaxAir, and a very intense ride indeed. If the cycle were a tad longer, I'd rank it above any other ride (flat or coaster) at CW... Especially when i get the CRAZY INTENSE AWESOME AIRTIME SEAT

bonus points if you guess where that particular seat is. ... Until then, more awesome airtime for me & less for you

bonus points if you guess where that particular seat is. ... Until then, more awesome airtime for me & less for you

I'm going to say... facing towards the Antique Carousel, just slightly to the right of the North/East support. I've had some holymotherofgod moments in that spot.

I loved Sledgehammer! I didn't know what to expect when I rode it in 2012, and was surprised to see it even open and operating, but I knew that I had to get on it in case it broke down. Definitely one of my favorite flat ride experiences ever! I went to CW two days, and the next day it was closed all day, so I'm glad I did ride it, and multiple times too.

I will be at the park Saturday night and Sunday for my first visit in a decade! Are there any rides that are closed for repairs? Which queue lines get longest, and any advice for someone who hasn't been in a while? What kind of crowds might I expect?

I'm really hoping Sledge is running, looks interesting and I love their flats. Would like to add this one to the list. I love their Mondial stuff !

I saw a pov video of WMG and I think I got my hopes up for this one. It's not that I wasn't impressed by it, I just expected more, like the ride being longer and having a decent storyline. I was impressed by the quality of the ride as far as the animation goes. I guess I shouldn't be talking about the quality of the ride since I've never been on it before. I think I was just hoping that this would be a new Darkastle, and my expectations were too high. This seems like a fun ride, but not something I'd expect to see in Amusement Today's Golden Ticket awards.

Both the Jump and Jump2 (which Sledgehammer is) are kinda "meh" rides to me that look better than they ride. I enjoy riding them, sure - they don't hurt. But they don't do much that excites me either.

Also, after hearing about the capacity troubles for WMG (apparently it has to sit in the station and charge batteries? LOLOLOL) I'm probably going to put off a Toronto trip for awhile. I hate to crap on a ride that just opened, but it seems like unless something drastically changes, it would be a terrible fit for Cedar Point or Knotts.

Do you have a Cedar Fair platinum pass? There are some days where you can go into the parking hour early with a platinum pass to ride wonder Mountain Guardian or other select rides. That's what I'm doing this Sunday so I can ride it without waiting in line.

Do you have a Cedar Fair platinum pass? There are some days where you can go into the parking hour early with a platinum pass to ride wonder Mountain Guardian or other select rides. That's what I'm doing this Sunday so I can ride it without waiting in line.

I do, and realistically, even if the capacity was far exceeding 300 an hour (which is what I'm hearing It maxes at), that would be my likely plan of action. I just expect the ride to undergo a lot of changes and tweaking to get it to a better state, and I'd rather ride it in that form than what's presently there.