TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

DISCLAIMER: All info below is coming from Matcom (the company that was responsible for installing the track of WMG).

First the bad news: The track isn't anywhere near 1000 feet in length. According to Matcom, it is actually only 921 feet long.

Also according to Matcom, the lift is only 65 feet high.....I don't understand this, we've seen 3 different heights mentioned!

For the good news, TPR doesn't seem to have a "spoiler" box so I'm just going to link the post I made on CW Mania that will allow you to see the "spoiler" if you want.

http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=59458#p59458

Well, considering that the media has been always reporting 1092 feet, I'd say that's a significant difference given that with an extra 150+ feet, you can have a lot more interactive dark ride time especially with a slow moving car.

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/05/14/legally-blind-woman-told-to-watch-fireworks-from-outside-wonderland-2/

Thought I would share this, how this even made the news is beyond me.

Well I'm sure the person on the phone was at least slightly flustered that the blind person wanted to know where to see the fireworks show. Not to be insensitive, but really? They could have told her just about anywhere in the park, and it wouldn't make a difference. And I highly doubt the person on the phone was trying to imply that the best place for a person with a disability watch from outside the park, only that they might find less crowds there.

Well, considering that the media has been always reporting 1092 feet, I'd say that's a significant difference given that with an extra 150+ feet, you can have a lot more interactive dark ride time especially with a slow moving car.

Not sure if this makes a difference, but from what I've seen of other Triotech darkrides, the car stops furring the IDR scenes.

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/05/14/legally-blind-woman-told-to-watch-fireworks-from-outside-wonderland-2/

Thought I would share this, how this even made the news is beyond me.

Well I'm sure the person on the phone was at least slightly flustered that the blind person wanted to know where to see the fireworks show. Not to be insensitive, but really? They could have told her just about anywhere in the park, and it wouldn't make a difference. And I highly doubt the person on the phone was trying to imply that the best place for a person with a disability watch from outside the park, only that they might find less crowds there.

You're probably right. My first thought was that they probably suspected a prank call. Like you I don't mean to be insensitive but why would a blind person want to watch fireworks?

Has anyone figured out track layout for guardian?

Also if you use also include Thunderrun.

The only way to figure out the layout NOW, would be to ask for the blueprints from the City of Vaughn....and Wonderland's permission....

Also, does anyone have any pictures of the Thunder Run's exit or even a video of it by an chance? A few days ago on CW Mania, I thought I was on to something in terms of the layout but I need the layout of TR's exit to prove it.

Senior management from the park have commented that this is "number 17" (referring to our coaster count). Don't expect any inversions. And the surprise finale should catch a lot of people off guard (maybe not enthusiasts, but general guests for sure).

By the way, despite what I believed looking at the pictures, the coaster part wasn't designed by Zierer. Instead, for those who're willing to know, here are those involved here:

As far as the ride itself, it was designed in Oberried, Germany by ART Engineering GmbH. The trains were also fabricated by them.

The coaster track was fabricated in Stoney Creek, Ontario by Kubes Steel.

The ride columns were fabricated in Gormley, Ontairo by Richmond Welding and Iron Works Ltd.

Answer given to me by The Matcom Group, in charge of the construction part. Thanks to them for the complete reply!

Senior management from the park have commented that this is "number 17" (referring to our coaster count). Don't expect any inversions. And the surprise finale should catch a lot of people off guard (maybe not enthusiasts, but general guests for sure).

It sonuds like there is going to be a drop like Verbolten. I dont know what else would catch people off guard besides that or maybe a backwards segment, but this is a small ride so i doubt it will go backwards. It could be something visual like fire or a giant annimatronic dragon. This ride is really getting me excited!