TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I'd love a drop track. It'd be very weird for a ride like this, but hey, if they could fit it in with the story line, then that'd be even better! Hopefully we'll also see some dragon theming in the queue line. Normally I wouldn't have high expectations, but Banshee has it so its possible...

Looks like the lift hill is actually 79 FEET high rather than the 60 feet we initially thought!

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/uploads/downloads/CWC-2014_Guest%20Assistance%20Guides-FINAL.pdf

Great find. So, based off the new height and details, I am still going to stick with the idea of a Verbolten style drop track.

With a hybrid ride like this I am sure almost anything is possible so I guess time will tell.

The "surprise" ending mentioned in that guide definitely makes me think that a drop track is going to be incorporated into the ride. Maybe the dragon breathes fire towards you and then you drop? That would be awesome.

^ I dunno, with the pics I've seen and the lift/track that's visible, it sure looks like a credit to me!

I'm very intrigued by this ride, as it sounds like an awesome blend of mild thrill/coaster and potentially a great dark ride! I'll be looking forward to hearing what people think of it when it opens up! I'm just impressed that Cedar Fair is actually adding a ride like this. If it takes off and is popular, I'd love to see similar rides added at other parks in the chain.

^ Given the complexity of the ride and the harsh winter (ice storm), I'm not at all surprised they didn't make it for opening day. Wonderland has been typically good at getting rides open for opening day, the only exception I can think of is Windseeker, which was another prototype ride. Even then, it still managed to open by the end of May. Hopefully it will be the same for Guardian. The exterior patch work doesn't seem like a big deal since we saw that entrance tunnel completed between two weekends.

I went yesterday and took a look around the new ride....if it's not a credit I'd be SHOCKED. It's totally a family coaster and there is for sure a drop---probably a drop as big as you'd see on the new seven dwarfs mine train ride- maybe a little shorter.

The lines were AWESOME. 10 minutes or less for EVERY ride. I rode Behemoth in 5 minutes I am so glad i wore sunscreen though- it was cloudy ALL day but my nose still got burnt! Put that sunscreen on folks- even if you think you don't need it.

As for fitting on the rides- I was worried (see previous post on page 534)....no problem on any ride. The 2 biggest coasters have weight limits of 300lbs and I'd guess that's about right. I could easily gain 75pds and still fit on them.

I ended up buying a season pass- just for CW though- not CF parks. It was only 27 more bucks to buy the pass. I'm taking my son (he's 2) at the end of June with my mom and my husband. Should be fun.

If you want to buy a yearly parking pass- be sure to carry with you your proof that you paid 20 to park your car INTO the park. I had to go back to my car to get it and then go back to buy the pass. They will count that 20 toward the cost of the parking. CRAZY expensive LOL!

Anyone know if the water at the waterpark is heated? They hadn't filled any of it yet....should be up and running May 27th I think the signs said. Also- any word at all on the Guardian opening? I want to ride it on June 27th. Praying it's done then.

Anyone know if the water at the waterpark is heated? They hadn't filled any of it yet....should be up and running May 27th I think the signs said. Also- any word at all on the Guardian opening? I want to ride it on June 27th. Praying it's done then.

If I recall, the water in the wave pool was like swimming in Lake Ontario in the spring when we were there for Leviathan Bash a few years ago. And that was in the middle of summer on a very warm day. Needless to say, we didn't stay in very long...and I missed the walk-back of Leviathan for it.

If I recall, the water in the wave pool was like swimming in Lake Ontario in the spring when we were there for Leviathan Bash a few years ago. And that was in the middle of summer on a very warm day. Needless to say, we didn't stay in very long...and I missed the walk-back of Leviathan for it.

I can't imagine it will be warm enough to open the waterpark in two weeks, it's barely warm enough to wear shorts right now.

I can't imagine it will be warm enough to open the waterpark in two weeks, it's barely warm enough to wear shorts right now.

Today was definitely a shorts day! Yet the park wasn't busy at all. The kids' areas were, but Behemoth was a walk-on, as were most of the coasters (5 min waits, max). We spent three hours there and were able to hit all of the major coasters, plus Windseeker and Drop Tower. Mother's Day must have kept the crowds away.

They only heat the water in May and June at wonderland. Something about saving money and figuring it will be warm enough in the summer months.

I was at the park for 3 hours between 10am and 1pm this past Saturday. Leviathan was a station wait and everything else was a walk-on. In just the first hour alone I rode Leviathan (x1), Behemoth (x2), Vortex (x1), Psyclone (x1), Backlot (x1) and Windseeker (x1).

Being that it was only a little bit windy on Saturday, I was rather surprised when riding Windseeker that empty seats in front of us swung back and hit the knees of the girl I was riding with (she was in the inside seat). It happened at the very top; just at the moment we started to descend. They didn't hit her hard enough to hurt, but it sure scared the crap out of her.

Curious if this has ever happened to anyone else?

^Happened to me when we were on a BT shoot, but it was before the shock absorbers partway down the posts were installed, so it was actually quite hard. Park gave us free buffet at marketplace for lunch because of it lol.

^You mean these: WindSeeker Canada's Wonderland

That didn't look fun....I remember watching that. Frank and Dina were asking if that was supposed to happen but Jen never responded.

Anyways, minor WMG update from this past weekend has been posted by coastercrew.