TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Still looks like a drop to me.

I really hope this ride is successful...not that I think it won't be, but as I've mentioned in the past, I'd love to see more of these pop up in the chain. I can already think of at least four other parks that would be a great fit for this attraction.

Let's hope it's got the capacity to keep those lines moving. Being built in such a popular park, in the dead center, highly-visible, and hopefully with a decent height requirement that allows families to ride, this is going to be one busy ride!

It's looking great so far. Although Wonder Mountain is looking rough...it could use a good refurb.

Let's hope it's got the capacity to keep those lines moving. Being built in such a popular park, in the dead center, highly-visible, and hopefully with a decent height requirement that allows families to ride, this is going to be one busy ride!

It's looking great so far. Although Wonder Mountain is looking rough...it could use a good refurb.

Wonderland said way back in August that the capacity will be about 600 pph.

I hate to be an awful credit whore, but that is definitely a coaster in every definition we have right? It has a normal life hill and that track is still going down, meaning the vehicle will be powered by gravity. Interesting as this looks to be the first truly roller coaster/dark ride hybrid out there. Can't wait to see more.

couldn't agree more. I wonder why CW wouldn't hype it up as a roller coaster as well as a dark ride.

^ Cedar Point, Knott's, Kings Dominion, and Carowinds? Kings Island honorable mention.

I personally put KI before Carowinds, but I could see that too, now that you mention it.

I hate to be an awful credit whore, but that is definitely a coaster in every definition we have right? It has a normal life hill and that track is still going down, meaning the vehicle will be powered by gravity. Interesting as this looks to be the first truly roller coaster/dark ride hybrid out there. Can't wait to see more.

You don't count this?

526449_640448519312206_1996412506_n.jpg

Not disputing, just confused.

To me that is just an indoor roller coaster, with theming. Kinda like Blazing Fury and Fire in the Hole.. The Canada's Wonderland ride is like a true 4d dark ride apparently and will act a lot more like a typical dark ride. The vehicles will tell a lot as well. Of course we won't know the true differences until it is completed and open.

Actually, a member on CW Mania created an animation of the vehicles based on the pictures released by Wonderland. If the animations are accurate, there won't be any up/down motion, just left/right.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I find it amazing, when I see that lift hill, and know that one of those

motion based, video game guns, ride vehicle (from a previous video)

... will be on that hill.

We've got our season's passes ready to go for sneak peak night next Friday! Can't wait to check it out, hopefully it will be cold enough that it won't be insanely busy!

SPPN's are never busy...especially if its cold. In 2012 when Leviathan opened, I got 10 laps in an hour on the ride.....and frost bite by the end!

Does anyone know if the waterslide parts are for splash works?.. Or will they be moved?

There was a big pile of dirt in Splashworks close to where the speed slides used to be. I'll try to get a picture up shortly.

Sounds great. Hoping if there's a splash works renovation, we get an aqualoop, or some other form of drop slide to go with the proslide tantrums.

We are set to get slides from the former Ontario Place.

I will be at the park tomorrow for the first of 3 bank days. I'll be checking out the following:

WMG update (hoping it's open based of comments they've said on FB but we shall see)

Seatbelt situation on Behemoth and Leviathan (Diamondback got seatbelt so I am curious)

Waterpark update

I'll keep everyone posted of anything major.