TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Whoa! It's a coaster!!! I'm thinking about going to Canadas Wonderland this summer. I always go to New York every summer and I think I can drive to Niagra falls and then keep going to the park from there. Is it really far from New York, New York? Also when is the best time to go during the summer and what rides have the longest lines?

We'll have to wait to see whats actually build and how it rides.

As for RCDB, it really means nothing what is posted there. Its up to the opinion of the person who's entering the info really. Its not really useful until the parks announce info or the ride is open. In this case, we will have to wait.

^Oddly, the new "coaster/dark ride" is not on RCDB.

Cred or not, that is the question?

The guy who runs RCDB (his name escapes my mind right now) told the LA Times that he is waiting to see if the coaster has significant drop(s) as that would classify it as a coaster in his eyes.

2014 - Wonder Mountain’s Guardian - (4/7/14) A reader who passed by the park over the weekend reports that right after the new lift hill, the track on Wonder Mountain’s Guardian turns to the right and enters into a steep drop almost all the way to ground level. Looks like there will be some thrills before you enter the dark caverns inside the mountain. Hopefully someone with a good lens may be able to get a picture of this soon.

Sounds like a credit to me. Anybody have a picture of this?

Well, ofvthe beginning of the ride is decent enough, with at least 1 major element, I'm now even more pumped to find out what the major finishing element is. My guess is a verbolton/th13teen style drop.

As for the "coaster or not" debate, m pretty sure it'll b @ least a decent coaster, with a drop hopefully at least the size of the fly's. Also hoping it's got some other good elements, and can hold me over until the next big B&M arrives.

2014 - Wonder Mountain’s Guardian - (4/7/14) A reader who passed by the park over the weekend reports that right after the new lift hill, the track on Wonder Mountain’s Guardian turns to the right and enters into a steep drop almost all the way to ground level. Looks like there will be some thrills before you enter the dark caverns inside the mountain. Hopefully someone with a good lens may be able to get a picture of this soon.

Sounds like a credit to me. Anybody have a picture of this?

"A reader..." is me. I have sent an email to Lance as he misunderstood my initial email. The drop isn't "steep", its probably on a less angle than The Fly. Its hard to tell the angle because the mountain is right in the middle of the park, away from the public roads.

Huh. This is a very interesting concept design. Sounds more like a coaster than a dark ride, but then again, we haven't seen any evidence of what goes on in the Mountain. Can't wait for a pov! I'm sure this is gonna be a great attraction.

Whoa! It's a coaster!!! I'm thinking about going to Canadas Wonderland this summer. I always go to New York every summer and I think I can drive to Niagra falls and then keep going to the park from there. Is it really far from New York, New York? Also when is the best time to go during the summer and what rides have the longest lines?

At 14, you might have a hard time driving across the border into Canada.

If you are driving from NYC then plan on about a 10-11 hour drive. It's close to eight hours from NYC to Buffalo and then about another 2-3 from there to Toronto - depending on traffic and lines at the border crossing.

As far as crowds, you may definitely want to look into Fast Lane Plus passes. The park is almost always crowded during the summer months and certainly packed on the weekends. I would imagine that Fast Lane Plus would be worth the price for Guardian alone, which I would imagine will have horrendous lines all season long.

I'm sorry guys but the drop isn't very steep at all....let alone a drop. Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up....it looked like a drop from the roads.

10155797_691008204278951_7533011524335603879_n.jpg

Full gallery of construction pictures that I found a few days ago but never posted here (they are AWESOME pictures):

(The picture above was just uploaded today)

No one is seeing what's inside the mountain, so though it may look like nothing outside who knows what we aren't seeing.

Either way, drop or no drop, coaster or not, I love that Cedar Fair is taking a risk and doing what looks to be a truly unique dark right.