TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Both Spaceship Earth and Journey into Imagination are rides also built on "coaster track" but they are dark rides. I would have to think that if this ride was going to be a "roller coaster" they would have said so in the press release.

Internal staff have been arguing if its a coaster or not based on it being gravity driven for the most part.

Dark rides have had "drops" before--for example, Devil's Den at Conneaut (which is entirely gravity driven and even has a lifthill). I, frankly, don't care how it's classifed, as long at the ride is fun.

The finale sounds special. Though they wouldn't say much they did say it would be something very neat and "thrilling". I think this is a perfect fit for the park.

A finale that comes out of the mountain and travels behind the base of the waterfall would be fantastic and something I'd call special.

I can only hope.

On another note; anyone have an idea where the entrance/station will be? With the theatre on one side, Vortex on another, and the waterfall on the front, the only place I can guess is under Thunder Run. Maybe move the food stands out of the way and reduce TR's overflow?

Dark rides have had "drops" before--for example, Devil's Den at Conneaut (which is entirely gravity driven and even has a lifthill). I, frankly, don't care how it's classifed, as long at the ride is fun.

Exactly. Again, if the park wanted people to think this was a new "roller coaster" for the park, they would have come out and said "Announcing our new roller coaster."

The debate will always continue over rides like this and personally, I think it's dumb. There is no criteria for how you count coasters so if you want to count a dark ride with a drop as a roller coaster, knock yourself out! I've seen people count Devil's Den on their "coaster list" and personally, I think that's dumb, too.

On another note; anyone have an idea where the entrance/station will be? With the theatre on one side, Vortex on another, and the waterfall on the front, the only place I can guess is under Thunder Run. Maybe move the food stands out of the way and reduce TR's overflow?

From the sounds of it, the entrance will be either on the back of Wonder Mountain under Vortex's drop or a little closer to the west side of the mountain.

I also wonder if there is some sort of connection between Guardian and GateKeeper. Makes you think Cedar Fair is trying to hide something.

Whether you consider it a dark ride or a coaster one thing is for certain - this is a big step up for Cedar Fair. Kinzel would have never considered adding something like this if he was still in charge. Other than Banshee the company has really brought out a wide diversity in what is being added to their parks next summer.

I was expecting Cedar Point to get an attraction like this. Hopefully they will get it next year; more dark ride, less 4D. I wouldn't mind a shooter like Toy Story, but I'd really enjoy just a sit back and relax ride that lasts about 7-10 minutes.

When I heard that Cedar Point wasn't getting a dark ride this year, I thought maybe Knott's would be getting it where the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs ride was.

This sounds like an interesting concept, and hopefully similar ride systems find their way to other parks in the chain. The storyline sounds like a lot of fun, and hopefully it turns out to be as well themed as it sounds like it will.

This sounds like a cool addition to the park. I didn't realize Canada's Wonderland had a mountain like that, although it looks like a fake one. I'm glad they are making use of it. That guy in the video said that this shooting dark ride is going to be better than anything we've seen at Universal or Disney - wow, that's saying a lot! I highly doubt it but we'll see. I'd like to see more renderings or details about the project.

Oh yeah A it will be a great attraction A. All I could think of was Doug and Bob Mckenize listening to that guy.

But in all seriousness I am very intrigued with this attraction. Canada's Wonderland is an awesome park and this will be a great addition.

I will hold all my judgement on this ride until it's open and I've ridden it.

I will say this, I personally have been wishing for a dark ride at a Cedar Fair park on this level and now I am finally getting that, so color me excited. It will be a great addition to the park's already vast lineup of flats, coasters and shows.

I think this is a great attraction for the park. They already have a huge selection of coasters. It will be interesting to see how exactly this turns out and hopefully it isn't only 1,000 feet long. (Although Transformers and Spiderman aren't much longer.)

There will be multiple drops on the ride. The officials won't say how many but I'm speaking with PR they mentioned multiple drops. The first drop is definitely a lift hill into a gravity based drop so the credits nerds will be debating this one for a while.

The finale sounds special. Though they wouldn't say much they did say it would be something very neat and "thrilling". I think this is a perfect fit for the park.

Also I was told it will be 5 trains with 8 passengers per train.

I have it figured out, the finale is a splash down in the pond out front..

There will be multiple drops on the ride. The officials won't say how many but I'm speaking with PR they mentioned multiple drops. The first drop is definitely a lift hill into a gravity based drop so the credits nerds will be debating this one for a while.

Also I was told it will be 5 trains with 8 passengers per train.

I have it figured out, the finale is a splash down in the pond out front..

Which I believe makes this an Aquatrax then...

Pretty darn bold claiming to be better than anything at Universal and Disney; also pretty confident as well. Maybe it's because I'm sort of into mythical fantasy stuff, or maybe it's because I really enjoyed how Canada's Wonderland handles mythical fantasy throughout the park; but this announcement has piqued my interest almost as much as Six Flags' big announcements. I can't wait to hear more on the ride, and if it is as good as its manufacturers claim it to be, then I might just have another excuse to make the trip back to Vaughan.