TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Thanks for the tips, guys! Keep em coming! I am really looking forward to this park! We got a nice rate at the Hilton Airport Hotel, which Google Maps says is 18 minutes from the park. Anything I should know about that drive? Is it worth it to take the toll roads or would it be better to do surface roads? Thanks!

Thanks for the tips, guys! Keep em coming! I am really looking forward to this park! We got a nice rate at the Hilton Airport Hotel, which Google Maps says is 18 minutes from the park. Anything I should know about that drive? Is it worth it to take the toll roads or would it be better to do surface roads? Thanks!

The only toll road in Ontario is Highway 407. It is ridiculously expensive and not needed on a Sunday. Get out of the city before the cottage crowd comes home Monday night or that 18 minutes will be an hour.

^A shooting dark ride doesn't make sense, seeing as they already have one. And why you would go with someone other than Sally for a ride like that is beyond me.

Easy: $$$

Even if the park has one shooter dark ride, what's to say they won't add another? The one already there is small, aimed at children, and has horrible capacity. A second larger one would probably prove to be quite popular.

That is, if in fact, they are getting a shooter dark ride.

^A shooting dark ride doesn't make sense, seeing as they already have one. And why you would go with someone other than Sally for a ride like that is beyond me.

Well, during the conference call I do believe they said about a new "Interactive dark ride experience" or something to that nature. Could it be a shooting dark ride? Sure. Could it be something completely different that we've never seen before? Hell ya! Is it something new and creative for Wonderland and Cedar Fair? Damn Skippy.

Whatever it turns out to be, I am intrigued. Regardless of manufacturer, I do not believe we are going to get any mediocre ride here. If there intention is to use Wonderland as the test site, they will probably do something real good here.

That photo seems to fit the bill quite nicely. I think the "interactive" part that makes this different is that instead of shooting at stationary targets you would be shooting at a screen projecting a 3D image and that the characters on screen react when you shoot them, or shoot at them (note that the skeleton at the bottom of the screen is bursting into flames as it gets shot).

That combined with how the theming in the concept art looks like the inside of a mountain makes this become even more plausible.

Canada's Wonderland is off in a world all to itself. You would think that you are in a non Cedar Fair park.

Wonderland is light years ahead of the other Cedar Fair parks in terms of operations, maintenance, customer service, and cleanliness.

A full queue on Leviathan is only 30 minutes.

I would rather have Wonderland as my home park than Kings Island.

Canada's Wonderland is off in a world all to itself. You would think that you are in a non Cedar Fair park.

Wonderland is light years ahead of the other Cedar Fair parks in terms of operations, maintenance, customer service, and cleanliness.

I think the Canadian reputation of politeness and cleanliness must have been made true and thus left a big impression on you. I like to think it makes a difference. I must agree on operations. Even the Great Cedar Point suffers from frequent breakdowns. Aside from Windseeker, a down ride, especially coasters, at Wonderland is very rare.

I think the Canadian reputation of politeness and cleanliness must have been made true and thus left a big impression on you. I like to think it makes a difference. I must agree on operations. Even the Great Cedar Point suffers from frequent breakdowns. Aside from Windseeker, a down ride, especially coasters, at Wonderland is very rare.

*cough cough* Sledgehammer *cough*

^That's unfortunately true however, Sledgehammer has undergone 2 major overhauls/fixes this season. I've been told since reopening a few weeks ago, it's running better than it has in years. So hopefully these fixes are permanent and the ride will be reliable going forward. The problem is that Huss has not supported the ride in years so the park has been on their own making repairs along the way.

Sledgehammer was open, and quite an interesting ride.

In the Q&A I said, "This is my 7th Cedar Fair park that I have visited, can you go to the states and show the rest how it's done?"

Everyone knew what I was getting at.

I can't wait to go back!

They do take great care of the older coasters (that are not wooden). Hopefully we will get to keep our Togo stand-up and our Arrow suspended for years to come. The fact that they spent all of that money on leviathon supports and the world's longest breakrun just to keep a 30 year old small arrow multi-looper says all that you need to know about the park. The park is number 2 in the world for coaster count (although its quantity not quality) not by being loudly part of the coaster wars. Instead of gragging it is typically Canadian that the park is close to the record, and tied with the Point, by respecting and keeping what they got.

They do take great care of the older coasters (that are not wooden).

Even with the wooden coasters, they mentioned at Leviathan Bash last year that they had redone the footers on Wild Beast to go deeper in the ground in an attempt to keep the coaster from shaking as much. I believe, they also said they can still get parts for both Vortex and SkyRider and that they should still be running for the foreseeable future.

^When TRIOTECH & Zamperla announced they were joining together to create this type of ride vehicle and experience, they stated it, theoretically, could have 800 riders per hour. They could've upped that number since November or tweaked something for the design at Wonderland.

At any rate, I figured it'd be TRIOTECH since July. I think this is a great addition to the park.

Yet, the Facebook page just irks me.

Then there's the lack of business sense and everyone believing its possible to add a coaster every year without removing anything. All I see on that page now is "But we wanted another Koazter". Sorry, I'll save this all for the GP Facebook thread.

WONDER MOUNTAIN’S GUARDIAN - NEW FOR 2014!

Iconic Wonder Mountain Blasted Open to Reveal New Attraction

4-D Interactive Attraction Brings Fans into the Heat of Battle

For more than 30 years, a familiar darkness has surrounded Wonder Mountain at Canada’s Wonderland. Guests and employees alike have suspected a dark mythical presence hidden within this iconic landmark. In May 2014 the park will throw speculation about these myths aside and blast into Wonder Mountain to unveil a thrilling new interactive 4-D dark ride, Wonder Mountain’s Guardian.

“We felt the timing was right to enter the massive caverns of Wonder Mountain and provide our guests with a new dimension of thrills.” said Norm Pirtovshek, General Manager, Canada’s Wonderland. “Thrill seekers from all generations will be amazed by the combination of unique ride thrills and immersive 4-D interactive action as they compete for ride supremacy.”

Wonder Mountain’s Guardian begins with a perilous climb up the side of Wonder Mountain then plummets into its core traveling through five different layers of this dimensional world. Riders will encounter mythical creatures as they navigate 1,000 feet of coaster track through a desolate forest, underground lake and Draconian City. The quest culminates as riders enter the dragon’s lair for the ultimate battle with a heart stopping finale that will shock thrill seekers of all ages.

Montreal based TRIOTECH, a leading manufacturer of multisensory attractions for the amusement industry, has developed the ground breaking technology for Wonder Mountain’s Guardian. This next generation ride will allow guests to experience stunning 3D effects overlaid with 4-D elements: simulating wind, movement and more. Real time graphics and the fastest most accurate targeting system will be installed to create an ultra-immersive interactive experience.

“This new ride at Canada’s Wonderland will be a one of a kind, never seen before attraction.” said Ernest Yale, President and CEO of TRIOTECH. “It will bring the best elements of the physical, virtual and multi-sensory world. All this combined in a fully immersive and interactive experience."

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/what-s-new/new-for-2014

img_hawk(2).jpg.d4eed7343fcb6935c2bc289f156d5948.jpg